Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Guide
Try the waking-from-sleep method maybe instead of consciously going right into it.
Old 18-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Scottmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramc
Over the past few years during meditation I often find myself getting the vibrations... unfortunately I'm also prone to thinking "oh my God, this is so exciting!" as soon as it happens and they go away, ha!

How do you get past this?
I will give you a little magic! All you have to do is talk to someone that understands you (but mostly will just listen to you) and poof! It will be fixed! Ideally you would talk to someone that has encountered the same thing you have.

Just recount the experiences to someone that will more or less understand you and like a grounding wire to an electrical device, it will neutralize the shock. You need not talk beyond the point that you suddenly feel better. Continuing beyond this point can restore the charge.
Old 18-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
I find it so hard not to get all geeky and excited when it does happen, haha! Obviously that just snaps me straight out of that state. Very frustrating! I just need to keep working I think. At least I know I can get part of the way there!

Excellent point to raise. I think this attitude will serve well.
Old 18-09-2011, 04:02 PM
sharkboy

try to count numbers and only concentrate on that, i know its hard but its worth a try.
counting fast is better.
Old 18-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Master
Or count your breaths up to 10 and start over, which is a good way to keep your focus any time.

Xan

Old 29-09-2011, 05:40 AM
zephyr313

Your question is very suggestive of where you are at in learning to project. 1) The fact that it is an "omg" feeling implies that it is not easy or a guarantee for you to reach that point right before lift off which means 2) You have not mastered the techniques leading up to that point. Only experience can get you past the "omg" part. And you can only gain that experience if you are trained enough to get to that point relatively easily. Focus on the relaxation techniques and be disciplined in understanding long term goals. Think of this: You want this so badly right now but when it does happen for you (and it will if you keep going) you won't really be able to shut it off. There is a peace in that so enjoy it while you have it.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Experiencer
I finally had a lucid dream! Or at least started to, lol. When I realized I was lucid, I got excited and jumped up into the air and realized mid air that i was coming out of it :o(. The scene literally dripped down and away like paint.... I wish I knew how to control the OMG...my experience would have been much better.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Master

It has happened to me. You learn from your mistakes. Next time you will be better.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Over the past few years during meditation I often find myself getting the vibrations... unfortunately I'm also prone to thinking "oh my God, this is so exciting!" as soon as it happens and they go away, ha!

How do you get past this?
What do you mean by vibrations? I am curious how it feels and what you mean.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Great info. I have been trying for awhile and think that is the place that I snap out of it as well. Time to start trying again!