Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2006, 01:18 PM
dreamer

Hi Peteyzen and Blair2Be,

might I be so bold as to suggest that God is everything, therefore you are God and so is everything around you. Not everything is concious of it's true nature but that seems to be changing fairly rapidly - just as predicted, at this precise moment in time.

Blair2be you said "Energy is infinite and can't be destroyed", this sounds to me like God, we are energy - we are God.

Pete you said there is a misconception that God is seperate from ourselves.

It sounds to me like you are both saying the same thing in essence.

As for heaven hell and purgotory I would say that these are all just different states of mind, different degrees of seperation from your true nature. Accept your true nature (and take full responsibility) and you have heaven reject it(and take no responsibility) and you have hell, be unaware and bounce around in the world of effect (sometimes taking responsibility and sometimes not ) and you have purgotory.

Meditate on the peace that comes from absolute power and see what happens.

Last edited by dreamer : 26-07-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 27-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Master
Nicely put dreamer, and yes I did mean that God is everything, it would be difficult to exist within god if that was not the case.
Old 27-07-2006, 07:37 PM
dreamer

Hi Pete,

I feel compelled to ask - are you experiencing the oneness??
Old 28-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Master
In honesty dreamer no.
My situation is unique, I am very fortunate but no that experience has not been given yet. I pray it will be soon.
Old 13-09-2006, 06:01 AM
mikron

Greetings Angel vivian ! Namaste

I would say the question your friend is asking you isnt even that important becuase it relates to the ego !

and nothing gets stuck forever when it is in the Light !

Please live a creative wonderful life!
when ever I mikron teach people about the 4th dimension I tell them find something "To Be Inspired by" creatively !

and its real simple !

mikron

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelvivian
I have a question regarding death and afterlife.

A friend of mine says when he dies, he'll go to purgatory.
What exactly is purgatory? Do different religions define purgatory differently?
Purgatory isn't exactly hell, is it?
He defined it as an endless dark space, where his soul will forever be stuck at...

Thank you all so much!
Old 29-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelvivian
I have a question regarding death and afterlife.

A friend of mine says when he dies, he'll go to purgatory.
What exactly is purgatory? Do different religions define purgatory differently?
Purgatory isn't exactly hell, is it?
He defined it as an endless dark space, where his soul will forever be stuck at...

Thank you all so much!

Let me put the records straight about 'Purgatory'
(yes it's The Woolly Jumper Man having his ten cents worth)
There are basically three main dimensions that we have to consider here.
1) The Physical Plane
2) The Astral (this also contains The Mental Plane)
3) The Spiritual Plane
When we die and leave our physical bodies, we enter The Astral. This is what the bible calls Purgatory. We usually stay in Purgatory for three days and then move to The Spiritual Planes.
This terminology is referred to The Second Death in our bible, which is painless.
Now........we all have free choice and if a spirit is earthbound, then it stays in The Astral Plane.
Any material tie will act like an anchor for an entity to move on.
There is NO HELL, because Hell is actually a place in Jerusalem famous for it's hot Sulphur springs.
Instead, we move on to the Spiritual Planes and if we have not learnt our lessons properly, we reincarnate.
The term Hades means earth. So when Jesus said that if we are bad, we go to Hades, what he actually tried to say, is that if we have not learnt our lessons, we come back to the earth (not below)

So a straight answer to a question:- Purgatory is the Astral
My opinion of course.
Old 29-10-2006, 04:40 AM
rose

i remember a medium explaining his personal beliefs. he believed that "hell" was earth...and this is one of the hardest places to learn from. look at all the anger here, the suffering. but i believe we also learn from the good things in life...which earth can offer as well.

so i agree with you about jesus' intentions.

i wonder if purgatory is an inbetween place where spirits go before they cross over to the light.
Old 29-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Enlightener

Purse morone

When incarnating, on this earth, or on the physical plane, it is beneficial to remember that "hell" is created in your own mind about the situations in this life. Physical life can be your own wondrous heaven, or your most feared hell. It is all about how you see the events in your life and your viewpoint on the happenings.

sometimes things may feel 'out of control' or that you have no power in the situation but you must remember that YOU created the events in your life, what you sow you reap...in some sort of non-karmic manner.

Enlightener
Old 29-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Suspended
I have to agree with Enlightener.

The hell that we create, is from our own doing. Also we choose our environment on our own spiritual vibrations. Unless our vibrations are high enough, we cannot enter a realm beyond our spiritual levels.

Hell is earth whereby our physical bodies endure hardship which is not possible on the spirit planes. This is the reason why we come back.

Also the Astral has many levels. As there is the lower Astral and the higher.

The name Purgatory refers to 'purge' or remove. It is a midway place.

Astral is the twilight world of both the earth plane and the spiritual plane.

It would be interesting to bring up a topic about the Astral, as I feel this could be a topic of great interest.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:50 PM
BLAIR2BE

[pur-guh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] noun, plural -ries, adjective

–noun 1. (in the belief of Roman Catholics and others) a condition or place in which the souls of those dying penitent are purified from venial sins, or undergo the temporal punishment that, after the guilt of mortal sin has been remitted, still remains to be endured by the sinner.
2. (initial capital letter, italics) Italian, Pur‧ga‧to‧rio /ˌpurgɑˈtɔryɔ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[poor-gah-taw-ryaw] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation. the second part of Dante's Divine Comedy, in which the repentant sinners are depicted. Compare inferno (def. 3), paradise (def. 7).
3. any condition or place of temporary punishment, suffering, expiation, or the like.
–adjective 4. serving to cleanse, purify, or expiate.

as defined by the american herritage dictionary. by the definition of purgatory, i do not believe it exists. a place for afterlife punishment? this is a very catholic way of thinking. i believe this "purgatory" is one of those "inventions" of man to frighten followers into submission. what do you think?

(and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!)
Closed Thread