Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 24-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Knower

Becoming a healer

My greatest aspiration ever since I was a little kid (I born sick and was sick a lot of my childhood has been to become a healer. Its what inspired me to learn chemistry (will have an undergrad degree at the end of the year) and ethnobotany but right now I find myself in a bind and in desperate need of healing, healing which cannot be achieved by contemporary western medicine, but judging by the things I've learned, can probably be healed by techniques that modern science hasn't advanced enough to recognise yet. I've had some weird experiences over the years, especially lately, so my views of this reality thing are changing so I'm in a good mindset to start experimenting. I'll try anything with an open mind. Any recommendations on where to start would be greatly appreciated. I have a great deal of knowledge on the western pharmacology model as well as well as direct experience with and have seen some very interesting connections between the spirit world and the chemical world which I'll be happy to share (need to make a new thread for that).
Old 25-03-2014, 12:54 AM
shentao

It is not a small thing you request. I started learning Reiki and it worked really good for me. Now I am expanding and studying Tibetan Palm healing among other things. Recently I got interested in medical Qi Gong and it is most interesting. So there you have it some suggestion. The only thing I am most certain about it is that I am a facilitator for sure not a healer!
Try to get some information at the library etc regarding different modalities and from there it will be easier to chose.
I hope this helps a little.
Old 25-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
I'm in a good mindset to start experimenting. I'll try anything with an open mind. Any recommendations on where to start would be greatly appreciated. I have a great deal of knowledge on the western pharmacology model as well as well as direct experience with and have seen some very interesting connections between the spirit world and the chemical world which I'll be happy to share (need to make a new thread for that).
With a background in meditation, inner-child work, dream-journaling and other methods, I knew there was still stuff inside of me that was causing troubes. So while dealing with this residual stuff (and a specific issue), I got attuned to Reiki. The attunement resulted in huge benefit to me. And, as intended, healing energy was on-tap from me to assist other people.

For some further pathways that I've been around, see this thread: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=30330
Read the OP and my elaboration in posts #3 and #6 (also, the comments of some of the other posters in that thread are very good).

Wishing you light and blessings in your path.
Old 29-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Experiencer
Bah! I lost all that I had typed! Silly tablet!!!!
I just wanted to say that you have a great start having such a background, coupled with a desire to know more.
I think that it is important to note that the source of all healing and inspiration is always at hand to work in you, through you, and to you, when ever you desire.
I have many different attunements and have studied many different healing modalities, all of them being beneficial and worthwhile.
One night my skeptic husband shockingly agreed to go to a reiki share with me. I am still surprised that he did, as I write this. Before we went in, he made the comment, "so I guess I am going to be the only normal person here tonight."
Throughout the evening my husband shared his skeptic scarasm. Lol. With the last 5 mins of the meeting, the facilitator told the people that were not attuned to try to conduct healing energy to someone that was attuned just for the experience. I could tell thatbmy husband was unimpressed. He got up like a champion though and went over to the guy he was going to practice on. After the meeting, my husband told me that he decided to be serious about it and said a prayer that the source of all healing and creation would use him as a conduit to send the necessary healing to the man that he was working on for the highest good. He said that he imediately felt a breath taking surge of energy rush through him and he felt an unexplainable unconditional love for this stranger that he was working on. He felt where the problems were at in the guys body and was shocked that anything at all had happened. When our group talked about the experiences of being worked on by people that were not attuned, the man that my husband helped was obviously shocked. He said that he could feel Intense energy and that the pains had left his body. My husband asked him about one of his knees, and the man validated that the knee had problems but that it had just been relieved.

The point of this loooong message is that, there are so many great attunements and modalities out there, however if you want to start channeling this amazing healing from the source of all creation now, it is possible. I found this simple webpage with an easy discription of long distance healing that really works
http://www.davedavies.com/splanet/healing2.htm.
I am very interested to read that thread that you were thinking of creating. I will search for it after I end this post. I wish you much luck in selecting the modality that works best for you.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Deactivated Account
We are all healers. Many don't know that they are! We heal in different ways, some can heal through the words they speak and some can heal by what they do. Others are energy healers, and still others are absent healers. I myself am a healer but have not learnt this it was an ability which unfolded naturally. I like to move as freely as possible and so, for me, don't adhere to any particular form of healing. Thats not to say that I wouldn't in the future, but for me, being able to heal without the restrictions of certain methods works for me! I have benefited from Reiki in the past, and also have received absent healing as well as being in the presence of a gifted healer who healed me of cancer! Explore what resonates!
Old 07-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Master

I am so happy for you Zagacat. There is so much harmony when husband and wife (or partners) are attuned to the same wavelength spiritually.

My hubby was extremely skeptical when we got together 18 years ago but now he gets it.

Sorry FrogWarrior for the aside. I am intrigued with your post. What a wonderful future you have with a vast horizon ahead of you. Because of your training you can take this just about anywhere regarding healings.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagacat
Bah! I lost all that I had typed! Silly tablet!!!!
I just wanted to say that you have a great start having such a background, coupled with a desire to know more.
I think that it is important to note that the source of all healing and inspiration is always at hand to work in you, through you, and to you, when ever you desire.
I have many different attunements and have studied many different healing modalities, all of them being beneficial and worthwhile.
One night my skeptic husband shockingly agreed to go to a reiki share with me. I am still surprised that he did, as I write this. Before we went in, he made the comment, "so I guess I am going to be the only normal person here tonight."

Very interesting, thanks for sharing that. I hope its 100% truth, and not embellished in any way (I used to embellish the facts to make people more optimistic about something thinking that it'd be for the better, but now I see that being 100% truthful is absolutely essential because even a slight non truth could mislead someone in a big way). If thats 100% truth, then thats some mind blowing, awe inspiring stuff. Is he still healing people? I hope so, because an experience like that gives puts him in a rare position where he intuitively knows he can do it. I have lots of experience with lucid dreaming, so I know that this is key. You need to "KNOW" you can do it, not just theoretically know it. I'm really glad I had this entity attack experience (it was terrifying and would prefer it not happen again, but am grateful it happened) because it is so hard for my mind to rationalise it away. That coupled with the confirmed OBEs I've had really helps remove skepticism. First hand experience of things that defy the current scientific model/paradigm.

I've been experiencing what I think may be telepathy, but I don't know for sure because it could be that my subconscious knows how to read situations and people well, so it can easily predict what people would say or do and it relays that info onto my conscious awareness via voices in my head (I switched off my internal dialogue years ago, so any auditory thought that pops into my head, I can spot very easily). Either way, its a very useful tool, I'm not so scared of it anymore. Interesting the part about your husband feeling unconditional love for the stranger. That may be key because altruism/unconditional love takes the ego completely out of the equation. Amazonian curanderos (shamans who dedicate their lives mainly to healing) never ask for money because they believe it corrupts their intention, and the intention itself is key. The thread I was planning on starting was mainly to do with the documented evidence that defies the current scientific, which is common knowledge among various tribes in the Amazon jungle. I haven't seen it happen myself though, so sorry if you thought I was gonna share some direct experience. Thanks for sharing that with me, and thanks for the link. Its not a commercial site (which woulda turned me away instantly), so I'll give it a read. Many people have told me that Reiki works, can you tell me a bit more about this Reiki "share"? What exactly is it, and how would I go about finding one?

I'll start that thread, and add to it bit by bit since I'm busy ATM.

EDIT: Ah (I would usually curse, but people here don't appreciate that so I won't), firefox crashed and i lost the other replies. To sum it up, thanks to Nothingness for sharing about the cancer thing. And an interesting observation to share with everyone here. During the Santo Daime ceremonies I was at (been to 2 so far), there was a woman there who cried the whole way through. Was sad to see, especially since I was suffering intensely too, it made it harsher seeing that others were as well. My friend asked one of the regulars about her and he said shes a healer. She takes in the pain of others in order to heal it. I was suffering intensely as the Daime (thats what they call it, they believe it is imbibed with the spirit of christ, due to the lineage) was making me feel intense agony, and making me take a painfully honest look at my weaknesses and flaws in order to uproot the mechanisms of the ego, and this woman endures this kind of thing on a regular basis. I have the utmost respect for her. Theres always a happy ending to these ceremonies, a wave of contentment sweeps over everyone at the same time, and thats when I'd see her smiling. I've been obsessed with Brasil and the Amazon jungle since I was a kid, but didn't know why. I became interested in it again, but now I know why. Maybe as a kid, when I was asking God or anyone for help with the issues that the doctor couldn't seem to cure, my prayers were reaching people who can cure ailments which doctors say are incurable, and Brasil is one place thats home to cultures in which its the norm to heal things that the western model/paradigm of medicine can't. Theres only one book I ever recommend to people (cuz no other book has altered my perspective of reality so greatly), its called DNA: The Cosmic Serpent. I won't tell you what its about, and I recommend just reading and finding out that way.

Last edited by FrogWarrior : 12-05-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Experiencer
Reiki, Tai Chi, Qigong, Pranayama and Meditation are some of the more common healing practices and should be pretty easy to come across in most cities (at least in the USA). If you were to get into Reiki I would recommend Reiki Tummo (Tibetan Reiki) as it focuses more on self healing than Reiki Usui (although Usui is more common).
Old 17-05-2014, 05:27 PM
cristianprince67

telepathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
Very interesting, thanks for sharing that. I hope its 100% truth, and not embellished in any way (I used to embellish the facts to make people more optimistic about something thinking that it'd be for the better, but now I see that being 100% truthful is absolutely essential because even a slight non truth could mislead someone in a big way). If thats 100% truth, then thats some mind blowing, awe inspiring stuff. Is he still healing people? I hope so, because an experience like that gives puts him in a rare position where he intuitively knows he can do it. I have lots of experience with lucid dreaming, so I know that this is key. You need to "KNOW" you can do it, not just theoretically know it. I'm really glad I had this entity attack experience (it was terrifying and would prefer it not happen again, but am grateful it happened) because it is so hard for my mind to rationalise it away. That coupled with the confirmed OBEs I've had really helps remove skepticism. First hand experience of things that defy the current scientific model/paradigm.

I've been experiencing what I think may be telepathy, but I don't know for sure because it could be that my subconscious knows how to read situations and people well, so it can easily predict what people would say or do and it relays that info onto my conscious awareness via voices in my head (I switched off my internal dialogue years ago, so any auditory thought that pops into my head, I can spot very easily). Either way, its a very useful tool, I'm not so scared of it anymore. Interesting the part about your husband feeling unconditional love for the stranger. That may be key because altruism/unconditional love takes the ego completely out of the equation. Amazonian curanderos (shamans who dedicate their lives mainly to healing) never ask for money because they believe it corrupts their intention, and the intention itself is key. The thread I was planning on starting was mainly to do with the documented evidence that defies the current scientific, which is common knowledge among various tribes in the Amazon jungle. I haven't seen it happen myself though, so sorry if you thought I was gonna share some direct experience. Thanks for sharing that with me, and thanks for the link. Its not a commercial site (which woulda turned me away instantly), so I'll give it a read. Many people have told me that Reiki works, can you tell me a bit more about this Reiki "share"? What exactly is it, and how would I go about finding one?

I'll start that thread, and add to it bit by bit since I'm busy ATM.

EDIT: Ah (I would usually curse, but people here don't appreciate that so I won't), firefox crashed and i lost the other replies. To sum it up, thanks to Nothingness for sharing about the cancer thing. And an interesting observation to share with everyone here. During the Santo Daime ceremonies I was at (been to 2 so far), there was a woman there who cried the whole way through. Was sad to see, especially since I was suffering intensely too, it made it harsher seeing that others were as well. My friend asked one of the regulars about her and he said shes a healer. She takes in the pain of others in order to heal it. I was suffering intensely as the Daime (thats what they call it, they believe it is imbibed with the spirit of christ, due to the lineage) was making me feel intense agony, and making me take a painfully honest look at my weaknesses and flaws in order to uproot the mechanisms of the ego, and this woman endures this kind of thing on a regular basis. I have the utmost respect for her. Theres always a happy ending to these ceremonies, a wave of contentment sweeps over everyone at the same time, and thats when I'd see her smiling. I've been obsessed with Brasil and the Amazon jungle since I was a kid, but didn't know why. I became interested in it again, but now I know why. Maybe as a kid, when I was asking God or anyone for help with the issues that the doctor couldn't seem to cure, my prayers were reaching people who can cure ailments which doctors say are incurable, and Brasil is one place thats home to cultures in which its the norm to heal things that the western model/paradigm of medicine can't. Theres only one book I ever recommend to people (cuz no other book has altered my perspective of reality so greatly), its called DNA: The Cosmic Serpent. I won't tell you what its about, and I recommend just reading and finding out that way.
Hey I can relate to you in a couple of ways. I've wanted to be a healer since I was 19 and I'm 23 now. I know quite a few healing techniques and I've posted about them under the healing thread. They are titled: Z point, The Emotion Code, and I think I did one about EFT. I would look into all of those. And I liked the other peoples' suggestions too. And also I think I'm telepathic too, but sometimes I wonder if I'm just hallucinating or something. Has anyone confirmed it to you that you are telepathic? Like have you proven it?