Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-05-2018, 06:16 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

As for your stove experience,............ saying nothing.

I think perhaps I went too far sharing that one Best to keep the crazy one's to myself.
Old 25-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Ascender

Hello all.

Will perfection appear at the end of night or be found in uniting to hold a light?

petex
Old 28-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Pathfinder
Hi all

An interesting thing to consider. I have been pondering over the meaning of perfection as well as how it refers to us for the last half an hour or so. I think in terms of Biblical perfection, certainly in terms and context of how it was meant when Jesus spoke it during the sermon on the mount was more in fact in relation to living a life of love and being rich with mercy (as the other gospels translate it) which I know has already been highlighted. Indeed, perfection has not ever been achieved except in and through that Jesus of Nazareth.

In a more broad sense, perfections is a vague concept to me. To be perfect at something, or in something, there must first be a clear set of rules, a bar if you like to measure performance or results so we can deem whether something or someone has done well, poor or perfect 100%. What is perfect in this sense? What made Jesus perfect if we draw back this understanding to the Bible? We preach him perfect because he perfectly upheld the law and fulfilled it. But what if the law was something else? Something he couldn't do? I.e. something negative that provided bad fruit? I speak of course just freely my thoughts, as I do believe he was perfect.

In terms of ourselves and our lives, there are all sorts of boxes we could create with varying levels of difficulty to achieve perfection. I guess perfect can just be what you make of it , and is subjective to a persons perceptions. My idea of perfection could be the opposite to the next poster, so to my expectancy of perfection and what that should look like.

I guess my over all answer is, I don't know - perfection is too big and too vague to categorise and surely no one thing can be ultimately perfect in everything. From a spiritual point of view, I would just point to Jesus as the figurehead of perfection.

God bless
John 3:16
Old 28-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited
Hi all

An interesting thing to consider. I have been pondering over the meaning of perfection as well as how it refers to us for the last half an hour or so. I think in terms of Biblical perfection, certainly in terms and context of how it was meant when Jesus spoke it during the sermon on the mount was more in fact in relation to living a life of love and being rich with mercy (as the other gospels translate it) which I know has already been highlighted. Indeed, perfection has not ever been achieved except in and through that Jesus of Nazareth.

In a more broad sense, perfections is a vague concept to me. To be perfect at something, or in something, there must first be a clear set of rules, a bar if you like to measure performance or results so we can deem whether something or someone has done well, poor or perfect 100%. What is perfect in this sense? What made Jesus perfect if we draw back this understanding to the Bible? We preach him perfect because he perfectly upheld the law and fulfilled it. But what if the law was something else? Something he couldn't do? I.e. something negative that provided bad fruit? I speak of course just freely my thoughts, as I do believe he was perfect.

In terms of ourselves and our lives, there are all sorts of boxes we could create with varying levels of difficulty to achieve perfection. I guess perfect can just be what you make of it , and is subjective to a persons perceptions. My idea of perfection could be the opposite to the next poster, so to my expectancy of perfection and what that should look like.

I guess my over all answer is, I don't know - perfection is too big and too vague to categorise and surely no one thing can be ultimately perfect in everything. From a spiritual point of view, I would just point to Jesus as the figurehead of perfection.

God bless

Yes I'm happy to take Jesus as the figurehead of perfection, but I think it would be possible for each of us to be perfect if God's kingdom were established in each of our minds.

"For truly I say to you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you." Also "Truly, truly, I say to you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to my Father."

It is only ourselves who seem to fall short, and perhaps only ourselves who can remedy this - through faith in Jesus, and preferring God to be our King rather than ourselves.