Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-01-2022, 06:40 AM
Master

Thank you .
Old 03-01-2022, 10:20 AM
Master

I experience that incredible sense of unity from time to time but it does not last... ;( First it lasted two weeks then only days and sometimes just a moment of unimaginable ecstasy that comes from like nowhere. It is like my consciousness expands and then shrinks back. The best way I can describe this is like this, I feel totally connected.

Think of your best days, you know, those incredible days that are quite rare when everything works out just perfectly, you experience this incredible inner peace that words can't describe. It is like everything flows in a harmonious way. I've been trying to figure out why does it go, is it my behavior? Could be. Is it the way it is? Could be. All I know is that I want that experience 24/24 and I know, I really know that it is already here, within, nothing to do to obtain it and yet why can't I connect.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Imagine people without ego's. We would all be walking around like Zombies. As soon as ,if not before you take your first breath, you have an ego. It's all about survival.
Don't say sensible and understanding stuff like that, people are going to think you're a whack-job.

See, what the Spiritual feel-good brochures don't tell you is that the only reason anyone is Spiritual is because of their ego. So really, when the ego is dead so is one's Spirituality.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Don't say sensible and understanding stuff like that, people are going to think you're a whack-job.

Really, in this context it's a compliment ((to Hazada Guess)), Greenslade.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:20 AM
Master
ThatMan, in my opinion the feeling of connective-ness may come and go but the connection is always there. We are inextricably connected to the One Being. Another way to say it is that God is always with us but we are not always with God. It is not a judgment nor does it fall within the realm of “good” and “bad.” I can share with you my regiment.

I meditate on silence twice a day, as soon as I awaken from sleep, or a nap, I go straight into quiet meditation, before the hamster wheel in my head begins to spin and I am lost in thought. Twice a day because I usually take a nap during the day and I do meditation when I awaken from that nap. When I was working I would go someplace and meditate on my lunch break. Sometimes just going into the restroom and sitting on the toilet to meditate.

I also attend a weekly group meditation, which I feel gives me a boost. Unity church or a Center for Spiritual Living, etc., all have weekly group meditations in the U.S. and their facilities are spread across the U.S., and they are free. Group meditations, even with this pandemic wearing a mask, are very powerful for me. The point is to nurture the experience of unity and connective-ness. It requires a modicum of discipline, and if we allow it to that inner experience will guide us towards itself so that we can enjoy its presence on a lasting basis.

Doing meditation at home on a daily basis, or twice a day, and group meditation at least once a week maintains that connective experience for me rather constantly. I supplement this by listening to soothing music, eating foods that are not going to over stimulate my feelings, like Chile peppers or alcohol, etc. Watch my T.V. intake and be mindful of my own thoughts when they arise. Our internal dialogue, or how we talk to ourselves, is so important. Watch what we say to ourselves.

It is not one thing alone, rather it is a combination of things, it is a lifestyle that nurtures unity within my being. The word “disciple” is closely related to the word “discipline.” Yogis of ancient times practiced a discipline, but in modern times lots of people want the experience they had without the discipline. Silence is always with us, all we have to do is remove the noise and the silence is there. Form a relationship with that inner silence and it will grow. It will become very thick, and its presence extends beyond imagining.

Silence permeates and is present everywhere. It is in the background of noise. Enjoy the journey of inner silence, which can be difficult for lots of people to do. Simplicity and slowing ourselves down may help.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:11 PM
Thank you, Starman.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-01-2022, 06:08 PM
Master

Starman I am really glad to talk with another fellow human being who has tasted that sense of oneness and connectedness as I have read about your experiences some posts ago. There are quite a few here who have and have had such experience. Yes, the connection is always there, when I rest in awareness, I "find" it there but it does not fully take over and I agree with you, God is always with us but we are not always with God... but when it takes over, ha ha ha ha ha.... sometimes I laugh with tears of joy for no reason...

About yourself finding in that place of golden light ( beautiful experience ), same thing happened to me except that this golden light was coming ( emnanating ) out of all things around me ( I was wide wake in my backyard taking a walk ) and the love, the joy..... I felt how the sun rays where coming to love me, the ground under my feet was loving me, the wind was embracing me with an incredible love... like all the world around me was super excited that I can see their love for me, I felt as if I was exploading of love. My eyes were tearing up and a huge smile took over my face. I remember the day when I suddenly realised that the trees and the grass are alive and they loved, I mean, they really loved to be moved by the waves of the wind, ha ha ha ha...

I do understand the idea of "discipline", I meditate daily, sometimes for hours but my own intimate experiences told me that there's nothing to be done, it's already here, everywhere, in the open. You are "lucky" to have a community as I have no one, everything I know, I know from my own experiences.

One thing I noticed about that sense of profound unity is that there's no attachment, at least for me, I am involved in things I "like" and yet there's no attachment and this is like being set free because it does not matter what you do, that sense of profound love is always there so you can just sit for hours and hours and enjoy that incredible connectedness or do things you "like".
Old 03-01-2022, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:
See, what the Spiritual feel-good brochures don't tell you is that the only reason anyone is Spiritual is because of their ego. So really, when the ego is dead so is one's Spirituality.
This statement is based on a very limited understanding of ego and Spirituality.

Peace
Old 03-01-2022, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:

Yes, as ''anyone'' here refers to persons and that takes an 'ego'.

It's the killer of killers on all these threads.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:19 AM
Master
ThatMan, everyone can do things that would deepen their spiritual experience. If you do not have access to group meditation than look for some volunteer opportunities. Selfless service will take the focus off of you and put it on something larger, helping others out of kindness can also be a humbling experience. Humbling ourselves also helps to open our hearts.

I also occasionally design a spiritual retreat in my home, doing quiet meditation, listening to spiritual tapes which I have, reading spiritual literature, and fasting for a few days. During that time leave the T.V. off, stay away from the computer and unplug your phone. Give your undivided attention to spirit. It’s free. Just set up a day or two or three, which you dedicate to your higher being. Do not ask for anything and have no expectations of receiving anything.

In my opinion there are lots of options which a person has to further open their heart and let go of any restrictions which may be holding them back from having a fuller, and more deeper experience. Choose a religious or spiritual practice and absorb your self in that path. Do not let what you can not do get in the way of what you can do. Our attitude is very important.

Peace and Good Journey