Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-12-2021, 12:07 PM
hazada guess

You know when you find a speaker of the truth. Everything said person says will resonate with you and you will feel genuinely at peace with said persons teachings.

ps....Anyone who charges is usually a fake.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
You know when you find a speaker of the truth. Everything said person says will resonate with you and you will feel genuinely at peace with said persons teachings.

Thousands of people have resonated with extremely questionable ‘speakers of truth’ such as Jim Jones, Charles Manson, David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite and Bonnie Nettles, etc, etc. Resonating with what these people said led directly to their death unfortunately.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:17 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thousands of people have resonated with extremely questionable ‘speakers of truth’ such as Jim Jones, Charles Manson, David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite and Bonnie Nettles, etc, etc. Resonating with what these people said led directly to their death unfortunately.

Everybody on this earth is from a different vibration. It's a case of knowing right from wrong.(Like attracts like}.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:51 PM
Master
I don't really like the guy, not a fan, which makes me biased against it, but The Power of Now is good, so I gotta hand it to him.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
.. but The Power of Now is good, so I gotta hand it to him.
I agree, I am not drawn to the man,
but I have to hand it to him he has helped many people in many ways.
And to stay on topic...Now is a wonderful place to be, esp when you decide to choose to be happy
in each moment that is Now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2021, 02:23 PM
Quote:
...ps....Anyone who charges is usually a fake.
I would like to balance that statement with, my take, that that may be true sometimes in every profession,
certainly not always! (Nor 'usually'.) Sorry, hazada.

Teaching, speaking, what ever it is, doesn't mean partaking for free...people need to make a living.
They are offering a service and you are receiving it by choice.

I have had a raised eyebrow when it is $700 a ticket for some speakers, tho.
It says to me their personal Q&A available is just for the elite.

But, the OP did not seem to ask about the man himself we have to remember.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2021, 02:55 PM
hazada guess

Ok, I've watched many video's by Eckhart Toll, intelligent man. Weather you believe him or not is your choice.

Ps.....you shouldn't try to make a living by forcing your beliefs on others.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Ok, I've watched many video's by Eckhart Toll, intelligent man. Weather you believe him or not is your choice.
Yup.
I love that we don't have to 'believe' anyone...we can apply something
and see for ourselves.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:21 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Perhaps you did not read the rest of my post.
Living in the Now does not mean that we lose all our memories and everything we have learned. That knowledge is always available to us in the present moment.
I read your post but the emboldened line stood out as a paradox. And here you confirm it. Like it or not you cannot live without memories/experiences.
It's possible indeed to "live"/"be suspended" in a now as many who've indulged in psychedelic experiences will be aware (i.e. there's no such thing as past or future) but though I haven't experienced one outcome it could be the loss of orientation. In ordinary wakeful consciousness we all live in the now but rely on our memories and prescience. Past and future are constructs.

So, to me, Tolle is pushing an obvious fact as if it's something new...probably to *Deleted*- rude, opinion, off topic..
Old 07-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Remember this is about the book and it's topic;
nothing about the person, his character or intentions.
Thank you.