Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 15-02-2012, 10:00 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's important to be considerate, and consideration is an intellectual process, so our ability to intellectualize is very important. It's not the enemy to 'divine will'. teehee.

Well you have a point...even with the teehee laugh...
Old 15-02-2012, 10:01 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
The Supreme Person has a unique Will for each of, according to our individual flavour. When we take over we simply spoil the broth.

I like this....
Old 15-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Arawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
So if you were born in a cannibalistic culture you would just go with the flow. I was born in a meat-eating culture but I chose not to follow that because I know it is wrong. I choose to think for myself and find something Higher.

To me, meat eating isn't wrong; there (in my opinion) is nothing wrong with eating something that the species has ate for thousands upon thousands of years. If I was born into a cannibalistic society, chances are I wouldn't see eating a fellow human as wrong because of how I was raised. From my perspective of the society that I currently live in, I would not eat human given how I was raised to consider that isn't something you do along with the health implications of eating human. Species that have been fed other members of their species generally develop diseases that affect them in a variety of ways.

Quote:
God is one. There no such thing as the African sun and the American sun. The sun is one despite whatever name you give it. Just because you don't know or understand God's ethics doesn't mean He doesn't have any. How did the gods that you follow tell you that they don't have any ethics? Or did other people that don't have any ethics just tell you this. The idea of gods is illogical since a God is by definition omnipotent and you can't have more than one omnipotent being. Of course you can have demi-gods.

You may believe that there is one god. I do not believe this. Many pantheons have more than one god, but those gods are generally not omnipotent and only encompass a small portion of society instead of all of it. My gods may have their own set of ethical rules for all I know, but I generally haven't seen anything in their mythos (or in my meditations) of them saying, "you must do this because it is right" or "you mustn't do this because it is wrong". These are just the individual gods and the entire mythos of that pantheon have their own ethical rules that happen to coincide with Western culture.

Capitalized, "God" does mean someone omnipotent. Lower cased, it does not. (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god) Trying to push your beliefs on me that there is only one god isn't much appreciated. I acknowledge that you can believe that there is only one god (or God), but it isn't a belief that I have. I do not believe that your belief isn't valid and I think it is a perfectly valid belief and has as much validness as the beliefs that there are many gods.
Old 15-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Master
It isn't really a neo vegitarian debate, but there are ethics surrounding the meat industry, however meat is the staple in some societies, and imposing such morals on them would be genocide.

Divine Will is a dangerous concept, so is Supreme Person, I can see many issues surrounding such grandure and pomp.

This 'interfereing' seems to be a tactic designed to diminish the role of intellectualizing, but intellectual ability is a valuable tool man has at his disposal, and mostly, ethics is the consideration of another's well being or the effect your acts have on another.

Things like trust trancend religious and racial values, so ethics is a principle of building, allowing or protecting trust primarily... and from there that applies to the diversity of circumstances and scenarios.

Old 15-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Master
I wouldn't say that my ethical beliefs have come from my culture. I have marched to some kind of inner beat since I can remember; the extent of it, is do no harm.
Old 16-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Master
Express Love.

Any time I wonder about what I should or shouldn't say or do I just remember to express Love. Accept people for who they are, and where they are on their path. Also accept that sometimes that means they need to slapped in the face...figuratively speaking.

As is often the case when I am confused about something, I like to look at it in terms of its opposite. I consider Judgement to be the opposite of Love. So I often ask myself if I am judging another person. If I am, I am not expressing Love and need to be slapped in the face...figuratively speaking.

One thing I don't do is worry about what is ethical or moral. When one is guided by Spirit those sorts of things resolve themselves.
Old 16-02-2012, 05:41 AM
silent whisper

[quote=athribiristan]Express Love.

Any time I wonder about what I should or shouldn't say or do I just remember to express Love. Accept people for who they are, and where they are on their path. Also accept that sometimes that means they need to slapped in the face...figuratively speaking.

As is often the case when I am confused about something, I like to look at it in terms of its opposite. I consider Judgement to be the opposite of Love. So I often ask myself if I am judging another person. If I am, I am not expressing Love and need to be slapped in the face...figuratively speaking.

One thing I don't do is worry about what is ethical or moral. When one is guided by Spirit those sorts of things resolve themselves.[/QUOTE]

Old 16-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Master
Heh... once I see that capital L I know the conversation is going to turn into a barf fest. LoL.

It always seems to me that notions such a divine will or supreme person or guided by spirit have no meaning... they're just empty expressions that 'spiritual' people will clamour around.

Personally, I don't have notions of Love or being guided... love is what it is, while ethics rides on seemingly bland principles of equality, respect and trust.

It isn't a competition as to who can make the grand holy remark which exemplifies what is ethical, it's more about how your notions of Love and guidance and suprmeme people and divine will only resonate with some few, while I (for example) find it shallow and contrived.

Of course such grand ideas are considered righteous so will inevitably be rammed down another persons throat, as they're told they have been conditioned brainwashed etc... and in that is an ethical issue.
Old 16-02-2012, 06:33 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Heh... once I see that capital L I know the conversation is going to turn into a barf fest. LoL.

It always seems to me that notions such a divine will or supreme person or guided by spirit have no meaning... they're just empty expressions that 'spiritual' people will clamour around.

Personally, I don't have notions of Love or being guided... love is what it is, while ethics rides on seemingly bland principles of equality, respect and trust.

It isn't a competition as to who can make the grand holy remark which exemplifies what is ethical, it's more about how your notions of Love and guidance and suprmeme people and divine will only resonate with some few, while I (for example) find it shallow and contrived.

Of course such grand ideas are considered righteous so will inevitably be rammed down another persons throat, as they're told they have been conditioned brainwashed etc... and in that is an ethical issue.

Your sounding more and more excited when the L word is mentioned.....remember the song...love is what you want it to be...language is irrelevant......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7c5AOg8l4
Old 16-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Your sounding more and more excited when the L word is mentioned.....remember the song...love is what you want it to be...language is irrelevant......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7c5AOg8l4

Yeah, like wow. I'm not going to compete with someone who who makes the capital L, so I'll let the Supreme People who are Guided by Spirit and Divine Will talk among themselves for a while.