Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Yep, that's pretty much me. I clean plate. I don't like to waste food especially meat, milk, fruits, and vegetables. It would feel disrespectful if i threw away a perfectly good pork chop without a good reason. Or to not enjoy the meal.

Wow I knew it..hehe

I grew up in a large family and so most of our meal times were staggered to accommodate each ones life. My poor mother..I felt for her. It was rare to get a meal over and done with in one sitting..In this way neither of my parents forced fed us they were too tired and too busy and it was easier to just accommodate each ones needs, to save on personal energy..lol.

Quote:
The Rican in me loves to cook and eat anyway hence i can never really diet.

I love my food. I don't believe in diets..haha.. I am such a basic cook nowdays, (lots of leafy greens, greens, lentils, chick peas, eggs, fruit, seeds and nuts, minimal meat, soups) simple is best for my body now, but I love a nice meal, carefully prepared with love and healthy beautiful fillings..and I love my occasional coffee..

Quote:
lol ... I was trying to be clearer. I really didn't know how to go about it. Were you at least pleased?

Yes you were, I see why it all tied in as it did. Bit of the past conditioning and a lot of you in it all ..haha.

Quote:
Good, now go out and play.

I love playing, my inner child loves to play...
Old Today, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
That reads like a sound and wise response..
We have lost "touch" with nature (and our true nature) and so we choose lifestyles that need fast foods to match our non thinking, patterns of behaviours, that don't have time to listen and learn the ways of the land and all things connected. That...."Don't need to think about the how's and why's, where, what who, where did it come from, how did it come to be there" That don't consider the many aspects of life that we as humans can notice and take action to do so. That if they were to visit and witness "directly" the many ways in which our planet is carved, sourced and patterned to meet our overly gluttonous ways as humans, that "might" (yes I did say might) awaken and force (or even scare?) them to make healthier choices not only for themselves and their loved ones, but also for the cruel ways in which we destroy this planet to satisfy our own personal gain to meet our overly selfish ways..(phew that felt great to get out of me)

But then, there are fat pigs (artificially fattened) that play in mud sty's. fed by humans, created for them by humans...So it all makes sense really doesn't it?

Hey there and thank you.

That about sums up the puppets that most humans have become. Sad thing to have to say but most commercial competition is who can grab the strings to get the puppets to jerk into action. Even from the enquirers so much is hidden to prevent them researching potential damage to their health. I mean, let's face it, cancers are occurring in increasingly young people. The medical profession claims it can't explain why (unless there's an obviously visible scapegoat and even then that usually arises from a log, expensive clinical study). I read reports about how there are nigh 500 chemicals in our bodies that should never be there. (For those interested, they can be found on the web from respectable outlets like the Telegraph or Guardian) but it only hits home when someone falls to an early cancer. People are SO distracted they never bother to ask.

Profit before people - don't tell them anything that might raise suspicion. Always deny - because few can afford legal action and the necessary lead-up to it, expert witnesses etc.

Well, one of the first marketing ploys I heard (apart from the Adam and Eve story) was "You don't sell the stake, you sell its sizzle."

Even so, the o/p who later posted: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
My view on this subject has no grey areas. In my opinion eating meat is wrong. It is perfectly possible to live life on a diet that does not include flesh. All the nutrients and vitamins can be found in other areas. To me its a matter of absorbing knowledge on the subject or choosing to remain blind to the facts.
would benefit from visiting some poor, famine-ridden countries to learn some home truths. I'm familiar with just one but there are many.

I did one of these finger-to-the-wind guestimates a while ago when the supermarkets were abundant with grapes from Africa. From the package dating I guessed my local bought in about 100kilos per day. Most of it is water. Again just a rough add up from Wiki there are just over 10,000 supermarkets in the UK. If every one imports 100kg per day - that adds up to 1,000,000 kg per day in the UK alone.

Africa is exporting close on 1000 tonnes (almost the same in imperial tons) of water every day. WHAT???!!! just on grapes. How much to Europe?

Good, innit............? not.

Old Today, 04:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Africa is exporting close on 1000 tonnes (almost the same in imperial tons) of water every day. WHAT???!!! just on grapes. How much to Europe?

Good, innit............? not.

This is something that I also realised a while back, it's absolute madness!

I try to eat and buy local, isnt always easy and yes I do give in and buy from supermarkets sometimes. I'm very lucky that I live in a good agricultural area that encourages the buy local mentality.