Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Knower

Just talking and talking..

Feel like the spiritual youtubers and stuff talk about divine numbers and manifesting stuff and all they have manifested for themselves is a youtube channel with some thousnd followers! They tell me since i see synchronicity i have a special mission, and the steps will reveal themselves? Is this true? I see things happening, but dont know what i am to do? Should i just smile and chill and not work? I am feeling guilty when i dont work
Old 11-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Lorelyen

Of the several youtube spiritual offerings I've watched, almost all have been snake oil merchants. As you say, it's doubtful most of them even believe what they're telling others to believe and do. Let's face it, any novice signed up to google can splurge stuff on youtube. What's frightened me at time is if some people are doing it for mischief - things they've concocted for fun and people are falling for it.

I think it's probably best to look into yourself - contemplation; meditation to validate what some of these people are saying. How come they can't tell you anything about "steps that will be revealed to you."? Sure, give it a try but set yourself not to be disappointed if nothing works. Are they suggesting you go out into the world preaching their (often half-baked) ideas, or quoting their pseudo-authority?

I come from a more traditional background. We used to talk about "The Great Work." For me, as an individual, my mission is to find out who and what I should have been all along by the time I reach the end of my days here. I could talk about methods and ideas I've used but I simply refuse to preach. People must find their own current/path. They'll make false starts, lead themselves up blind alleys and have to retrace their steps or find ways back to some kind of "checkpoint". All the while, they're learning a great deal!

You need to work to survive. It's paying lip-service to what society expects so as long as you know you're doing and not being distracted from your spiritual drive. I work. I have to. But I think of myself more spiritually advanced than Ms Average, tied to social conditioning and being just a puppet to whoever wants to grab my wages. I still have to pay my way but I'm very aware of what I'm doing and who's trying to seduce me into "doing what's expected"!! We learn to value our experiences rather than the bits and pieces of plastic junk we surround ourselves with.