Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Knower
9 of swords

Hi all,

Every time I pull the 9 of swords no matter what question I ask ... It comes up in every reading???
Upright and reversed??
Very strange .. Can someone with experience help me understand this card as growing up I have a fear of the swords and associate it negatively I guess :-/
Old 13-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Knower
P.s and the 10 of swords!! But not as often as the 9. The 10 comes into every other.
Old 13-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Experiencer

My understanding is that the card is about fear and anxiety. Maybe try to think about what it is you are afraid of and then work out if there is anything about the fearful situation that you can actually control. If you can control parts of it, make attempts to. Perhaps the fear is imagined - psychological. Perhaps the situation isn't as bad as you think it is. Don't let your fear immobilise you.

That's my take on it, anyway. :)
Old 13-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Knower
I have personally found that if the cards are repeatedly coming up with the same one/two cards, regardless of the question, it's telling me something in general about reading. Are you full of anxiety when you're reading? I would read these cards as saying that you are worried or anxious while reading. Ten of swords in particular, I'd take that as giving reading a rest for a couple of days.
Old 13-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Experiencer

When reading for oneself, very often one will keep being told of a thing until one grasps it, that is to say it is not always prophetic rather it is an invitation to get to better understand a situation.

So with the Nine of Swords. Yes it can appear bleak yet it carries a very positive message that it is darkest just before the dawn, It portends a waking from the nightmare, coming out of the shadow into the light. This card invites you to examine logically your fears and worries and woes.

The Nine of Swords is the alarm wake up call that pressages the passing of the dark and the waking up to a new day. A time to get those old ghosts out and lay them once and for all.
Old 13-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Knower
Makes sense...!! I'm constantly full of fear and worry! I literally tell myself off daily as it has a habit of creeping up on me! Very hard to change a pattern that I have done since I was a little girl. I guess the cards are telling me also... Thank you for your responses
Old 13-09-2015, 09:46 PM
55Degrees

You could ask your cards what the 9 of Swords is trying to tell you. There's a good spread for that here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=69229
Old 14-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Knower
Thank you Pisces ! Will give that spread a try? When I see this card it just screams depression, her head in her hands and swords stabbing into her bed! I asked a question regarding my health.. Got this card! I asked a question later in the month about my relationship (at present we have split) and once again I got this card... I just wished I could change my train of thought.. I do this daily but I'm as soon as I face another challenge or I become positive and happy it seems that the smile is promptly wiped off my face...
Old 14-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Knower
Sometimes I feel that maybe I'm not worthy of such happiness lol I'm laughing but I'm kinda being a little serious! I should be greatful for what I have and sattisfied as some people are suffering a lot more than I am. So I guess being greatful is a start ���� xx
Old 14-09-2015, 03:44 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeansme
Sometimes I feel that maybe I'm not worthy of such happiness lol I'm laughing but I'm kinda being a little serious! I should be greatful for what I have and sattisfied as some people are suffering a lot more than I am. So I guess being greatful is a start ���� xx

THIS ^^^^^^^ is what your stalker, the 9 of Swords is telling you, you need to stop the negative self talk and the limiting beliefs. Your fear of the Swords is sort of becoming a self fulfilling prophecy for you. Because you think this way, then this is how things tend to pan out.