Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Master
Only the physical life allows experiences ?

We are obviously in this 3d physical reality to experience this existence. We are also here to resolve issues with people from our past lives, if need be.

Is it possible to experience, and resolve in the afterlife ? Surely, this physical reality is not the only way to allow for experiences and to resolve "issues" with people from our past ?
Old 25-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness
We are obviously in this 3d physical reality to experience this existence. We are also here to resolve issues with people from our past lives, if need be.

Is it possible to experience, and resolve in the afterlife ? Surely, this physical reality is not the only way to allow for experiences and to resolve "issues" with people from our past ?

First I like to take issue with the term "afterlife", it could be somewhat correct if we only had one incarnation. I never heard anyone talking about the beforelife. And we have existed before this incarnation, for a very long time, it it could be measured in time.

Yes, we come into this existence for growth. We can grow outside this reality, just not as quick. It takes much longer.
No, there is never the need to resolve issues with others, only for ourselves. Others help us to work through our issues.
It is a little bit like going on stage, when actors come off stage, they don't blame the other one for killing them. They simply followed the script.
It's all part of the game, and we learn and grow in this game.
I have been attacked many times for calling life a game, after all, it seams to be very serious, not to me.
Old 26-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Rah nam,
While I do see where you're coming from in a way, it is also possible that the learning we do here, and the purpose, and our inter-relationship with others is all far more than a 'game'.
And while others in the cosmic stage-show may well not blame another for 'killing them' (as they will learn that forgiveness and unconditional love is an advanced state of Being) -at the same time we are not all part of a vast computer-game in which we can safely annihilate or damage anything/anyone, without terrific effect, both to our own Souls, and to those Souls/aspects of creation with whom we have interacted in this way.

So to my point of view, though there is indeed great fun in many things, some things are definitely ridiculous, and we often shouldn't take ourselves too seriously....our life whether on physical Earth, other physical realities, or in spirit, is not exactly a 'game'. We are not just actors on a stage, but co-creators in a Divine Dance.
Old 26-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Knower

Physical life experiences feel more like school to me verses a game. The tougher the course work we choose to more we can learn in a "life time".

Our soul group and ourselves choose the lessons/life experiences and together take part willingly in the learning. There is nothing to forgive. The feeling of resolving issues is a mute point... though I imagine there are some amazing discussions between us when meeting on the other side in spirit form.

Hope and blessings.
Old 26-02-2014, 03:23 AM
Adept

Quote:

My view is that the only way to experience is through the physical. Honestly I think experience is the only reason the physical was created (if it was created). "You" won't even exist once you die.
Old 26-02-2014, 05:02 AM
Master
Tobi, and this is not directed at you personally, I am not sure why certain aspects of spirituality are often lifted to a level that they become almost untouchable, unachievable for most.
Once we move out of here, there is nothing to forgive, what some call unconditional love is a natural state. It is here where you need to learn to forgive, and perhaps learn something about the term "unconditional". I don't think to many grasp what it really implies.
How anyone sees or interprets their existence on this level it up to them. Coming into this levels is not always fun, and I could surely do something more enjoyable somewhere else in this verse, but then we where called, and we came. If you had entered this kind of realities as often as I have, you might see it a little different.
Old 26-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:

Hiya Life, great question

Just some thoughts I pondered whilst reading it..

I kinda see it a bit different as im not a believer in past lives or reincarnation. (sorry!)

But i wonder when we reach the next level, by the time weve resolved the issues within ourself, i cant remember the term usually used, but that moment where you go through your own life, feel/see everything and everything caused by you, in a memory strip if you like. (thats what i believe the term 'karma' to be about.)
Would there would be any need to resolve them with the other person? And vice versa? Wouldnt it default to this naturally?

Can unconditional love, in its true state, require or be negatively affected, by another?
I believe not.

So i think by the time were passed/passing, our final resolutions if you like, take place, unconditionally and with great love. And there Karma is felt out in that to, by allowing us the experience of all we have ever done and been, to ourself or anyone else, as an experience in the heart of all.

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 26-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Master
Quote:
We are obviously in this 3d physical reality to experience this existence.
We are not necessarily here to experience this existence, there are other reasons like hiding out or learning to create. However, while here we do experience it.

Quote:
We are also here to resolve issues with people from our past lives, if need be.
Not every being has more than one lifetime here.

Quote:
Is it possible to experience, and resolve in the afterlife ?
Yes, its possible to interact strictly at the soul level (includes after life) without incarnating (again).

Quote:
Surely, this physical reality is not the only way to allow for experiences and to resolve "issues" with people from our past ?
This idea of past lives and continuing to work out problems or learn lessons is not mandatory. While if we don't get what we 'came here for' the first time, we may choose to try again, or we may decide to go do something else. Its just a project. How many projects to you return to and finish, and how many do you put down and never finish? Learning and resolving projects are no different in this regard than finishing a boat, raising children, learning Spanish.
Old 26-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Master
sometimes i wonder if the re-incarnation thing is the eastern equivalent of the devil and hellfire...be good or you pay kind of thing. it certainly has the fear element.

surely you must die, psychologically, whilst you're still physically alive, else nothing changes, you continue in the human suffering stream. you might go elsewhere i suppose but i feel that our conflict must be resolved whilst we're breathing. what if souls don't even exist? you can't know they do for sure. i would go about it like it had to be settled now else my laziness would probably take refuge in the idea of progress, my next life ill sort it out etc..

the future is now.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 27-02-2014, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
sometimes i wonder if the re-incarnation thing is the eastern equivalent of the devil and hellfire...be good or you pay kind of thing. it certainly has the fear element.
I think the Eastern equivalent to hellfire it Karma.