Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Thought it was working for a second there- it was just heartburn lol

Aww what a wonderful post... but I am a little confused- are you suggesting we literally just feel love? Without it being aimed at anybody or anything? I do love a lot but it is always aimed, the idea of cultivating that feeling as a seperate thing is kind of blowing my mind trying to even imagine it. Is it possible to not direct it?

Yesterday was a wonderful love filled day full of love for people animals everything- I was walking and spotted a beautiful shimmering thing of beauty, mesmerised by its green metallic bobbely surface glistening in the sun I walked close and... a million bluebottles flew off... it was dog poo! Fly covered dog poo... so yesterday's love literally turned to sh... I felt completely violated!!

Completely agree with mama hawk on the inner child thing!
At first, it may be necessary to direct it, at a person, an animal or a beautiful scene from nature - but then I am suggesting to turn that whole feeling inside, towards yourself and loving yourself for who you are...and if people believe in God, letting the love God has for you also just wash over simultaneously.

Like Tobi said, it is a vibration and we get to control how much it vibrates and yeah, we can turn that switch on max from time to time and totally blow ourselves away with the force and power of it - letting love's vibration resonate from within us, out to the universe.

When you saw the poo at first, it was a thing of beauty...you felt that beauty before realising what it was - you don't have to know what it is because the beauty was there - it is the feeling, not the actuation of it.

It is love in it's most pure, unconditional state.

Thank you all for replying and I'll get around to replying to you all over the next few days, but interested to read the replies.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:29 PM
Ascender
Ah ok I get you now.

We seem to have some inbuilt need to be over critical with ourselves, judging ourselfs on things we wouldn't dream of judging anybody else, I find it quite fascinating to be honest. Surely we should be the easiest ones to love?

I think self love is SO important though, I am making an effort with myself... but for some reason unconditional love seems so unachievable, my inner child I have unconditional love for... but with myself it is very much a love hate relationship.

For those that have unconditional love and can turn that love for others onto themselves- are you able to stop these self critical views completely?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahawk
Maybe some people will realize that to finally be happy they're going to have to allow themselves to cry... for possibly a long time...
This is so wonderfully true.

When the acceptance is reached, it will start to happen and tears will sting the eyes but often, the conditioning sets in and the inner child is told 'don't be ridiculous' and 'what are you crying for' and 'I thought I was much stronger than this' then, we talk ourselves out of the whole experience.

It shows enormous amounts of inner strength to cry and once I start shedding tears of love, it keeps up for hours. After that, it's as though a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders...my body becomes so light and it is full of light...and it is so healing, like you said before.

At first, the tears won't come very easily because you get this overwhelming feeling like you are trying to drag them out of you...possibly because you haven't done it in such a long time, but it does get easier to open up and express this love back to the universe once you've allowed yourself to feel it.

Before a couple of years ago, I never cried for about 30 years...the whole act of it was totally foreign to me, but once I let it happen, Niagara Falls just opened up and I cried 30 years worth of tears in about 8 hours.

When was the last time others had a good cry and not out of some negative emotion, but from a positive one?

All this may sound very simplistic...yet, that's what it is - but people let it get oh so complicated, until the whole idea of it sounds way too simplistic.

Even in this age, where there's a lot of rudeness, a lot of anonymity, there just may be a reason for it.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:54 AM
Master

I practiced a random act of kindness today and it was better than any other practice I've been doing in various meditative forms for years.
I decided to pay foward a coffee at a cafe to a stranger, the next person who walked in to order a coffee would recieve a 'free' coffee which I had already paid for.

I was asked 'why' I wanted to be the giver of this act of kindness and I replied that it was just for fun but the honest answer was that I wanted to remember what it felt like to recieve.
I knew that saying that might make very little sense though.

The moment unfolded as I opened myself up to recieve through giving. I wanted to feel the love which the stranger... the reciever felt as a result of my giving.
I also imagined what it would be like to recieve a free coffee... so I was both the giver and reciever in that moment.

And the truth is that I affected not just myself but also a collective group of people including those who supported me to give and those who witnessed the giving.

I opened up to recieve in this action of giving and I recieved exactly what I gave to me back in the material as well as recieving a great flood of love wash through me.

It was absolutely beautiful... a reminder for me on how to recieve... it is through the allowing...
It is breaking my heart to know that I am only just now... relearning how to do this...
Everywhere I go... I witness others beginning to open up to the recieving.

My kundalini awakening happened 5 years ago this month in June. It was anchoring me to love for earth. I buried myself in the love of the earth yet... now I am finding myself really grounding my base charkras... literally strengthening my physical foundations...
I have learnt giving... to the point where I am now so fatigued from giving yet not understanding how to.recieve.
It's all a reflection of what's happening universally... the energy of recieving is now teaching us... bringing in love from above to anchor... into the base charkras and earth...
This eventual balancing will soon allow me to draw in what I need to connect the two in a bigger way.

I am starting to remember the extent of my truth of what I am beginning to anchor here on earth.

My assignment was to focus on recieving as the one who gives... the simplest act of kindness can offer much more to us than we remember...just got to take notice.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:14 AM
Master
I have had a few minor kundalini stirrings throughout my life and a real doozy of one two nights ago...in the middle of my sleep...when I would be the most receptive to it. I guess this is why all of this stuff is just pouring out of me now.

Yeah, I also got the message to get totally out of my heart for a while and ground myself. My energies always seem to fluctuate between my heart chakra and third eye chakra and when both these chakras are fully open, at the expense of all the other ones, it can get very weird...very weird.

So, two nights ago I had a massive, tremendous kundalini experience which kinda freaked me out no end...and that is a total understatement!

Through it, I became a bird who had its wings clipped, like Icarus flying too close to the sun and I need to ground myself...but offline, in real life I am painfully shy. I am asocial because I never learned social skills...yet I need to ground myself pretty bad...and yet, I don't know how.

It's like I got to feel divine/self-love at the expense of everything else, whilst others got to feel everything else at the expense of divine/self-love.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:54 AM
Master
Love for myself has become much akin to the feelings many have of bliss, or peace.

In that yes, when younger I first learned of it in a form of love for other creatures, than an appreciation of the natural world and beautiful things like an asceticism, which isn't bad in itself. But I have come to know of love in a different sense of the feeling via a love for his holiness, the lord.

In that sense it is possible for the feeling to become more of a constant, and less born of a desire, or lust, and attachment. I find when letting go of the attachment of the individual loved, we are able to love them in a more well rounded and healthy manner.

I love the glee in the faces of my neighbors children (all children really), I love the sweet caresses when my cat or family pet rubs against me with a happiness and love only an animal is aware of, I love when the leaves fall and change from bright green to a myriad of oranges and russets in autumn, I love the individuality of a multitude of snowflakes when they fall, I especially love when quite heated from work due to working up a sweat how the spray from the sink when I wash the pans cools and soothes me, I don't much relish getting soaked and cold to the bone and having to return drenched in the night, but I love the change into something dry and the slow but sure warming of my bones while I rest after a hard night's work.

I must remind myself to love in this way often, especially when faced with anger and what I would consider more difficult people and experiences.

This is a love what I consider to be much like bliss, I love the work I have done to decorate, I love the colors and multitude of different colors most would not consider or use, and many would say "I dislike that"! And I love it!

It is a love of love itself, a love that comes from realizing the presence of God in all creatures human and not, and holding reverence for these creatures- because they are God.

What love is it you folk are talking about again?

Necromancer, I really believe the love is everywhere. It is Shiva himself.

Blessings all.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Necromancer, I really believe the love is everywhere. It is Shiva himself.
Why is it so hard for me to reconcile this?

I know it, I feel it...yet somehow, I don't - and all at the same time.

I read something a few nights ago:

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51...U1MQ%3D%3D.2.c

...and I was like "yep...but nope...but yep...but nope". lol

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 02-06-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:21 AM
Master
I mean, how can you love something that is love?

I love Shiva and feel the love in return, but it is always 'me' and it's always 'Shiva'.

This is something I have struggled with all my life and I don't want to 'become Shiva' or 'become love' because I feel like I wouldn't be able to love any more after that - there would be nothing for me to love, but love itself and while that may be great and all, I don't want to let the love I feel for God nullify God's existence through the love I feel.

I wish there was some other way I could explain it.

I mean why bother with a 'Lord/God' at all when we could cut straight to the chase and say "God doesn't exist because I exist". There is no 'divine creator', nothing outside myself or bigger than myself because I am God myself?

Why say "love is Shiva?" ascribing it to something else, other than just saying "love is love?"

I just find that too much of a mountain to climb and I am happy not climbing it in this lifetime.

Shiva is something that I love...not love itself, even though he appears to be the source of it all...
Old 02-06-2017, 06:20 AM
Master
So yeah, I just got these emblazoned across my mental landscape:

Quote:
Brahma

BY RALPH WALDO EMERSON

If the red slayer think he slays,
Or if the slain think he is slain,
They know not well the subtle ways
I keep, and pass, and turn again.

Far or forgot to me is near;
Shadow and sunlight are the same;
The vanished gods to me appear;
And one to me are shame and fame.

They reckon ill who leave me out;
When me they fly, I am the wings;
I am the doubter and the doubt,
I am the hymn the Brahmin sings.

The strong gods pine for my abode,
And pine in vain the sacred Seven;
But thou, meek lover of the good!
Find me, and turn thy back on heaven.

Quote:
Auguries of Innocence

BY WILLIAM BLAKE

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour....

Every Night & every Morn
Some to Misery are Born
Every Morn and every Night
Some are Born to sweet delight
Some are Born to Endless Night
We are led to Believe a Lie
When we see not Thro the Eye
Which was Born in a Night to perish in a Night
When the Soul Slept in Beams of Light
God Appears & God is Light
To those poor Souls who dwell in Night
But does a Human Form Display
To those who Dwell in Realms of day

Quote:
The Hollow Men

T.S Eliot

.....Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow
For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Hello, my love...it's been a while.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Okay right. But remember that's when phoning across the country cost a day's wages, and so people only phoned and sent telegrams to each other on holidays. Today you just hit speed-dial, leave a nasty voicemail, then put them on block.
I know, mate, I was just having a little fun