Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
God assures he inspired the words written in his word.

You might believe that to be true, but you can't prove that it is.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:47 PM
I do not know if what Jesus said was altered, misrepresented or deleted.
Pure and simple.

SO, what I did was I practiced some of his basic teachings...
that he supposedly said or advised.
And, shazam! My life completely changed to a care free and
abundant life!
No stress...ask, believe and receive....trust in the Father.
Bingo!
So, I don't bother with caring whether he said certain things exactly.
(And I know it was not written exactly.)
I got the main drift. LOL

And for those that read about further talks from the Other Side
of Jesus'....
he clarifies many things that were wrong in the Bible...or still today
misinterpreted...and they all ring true...as in,
Oh that's what you meant, well, that makes more sense!

Ya got the James E Padgett messages and "Love Without End"
by Glenda Green...off the top of my head.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-10-2016, 01:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

I got the main drift. LOL

Maybe not what a Master would want to hear (!), but .... religion in a nutshell.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Master
Quotations from Jesus, the tooth fairy or santa claus are all good as long as they benefit mankind. The message is more important than the messenger, all goodness comes from God.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:41 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
You might believe that to be true, but you can't prove that it is.

Watching revelation pass before the worlds eyes--is proof--written over 1900 years ago. Its near its end. Many know it is happening, but few know the reality of it.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh that's what you meant, well, that makes more sense!

Ya got the James E Padgett messages and "Love Without End"
by Glenda Green...off the top of my head.

MissHepburn,

Here is something that makes sense to me from the Apostle Paul. Specifically in 1 Cor. 3:1-7, Paul makes reference to the Corinthians as not being spiritually mature. His evidence for this assertion was that they exhibited jealousy and arguing among each other and that their claims of belonging either to Paul or Apollos was proof that they were merely human(not spiritual). vs. 6-7: "I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth".

Now think about that. The circumstances of our planting might be quite different i.e. Christianity, Buddhism, Methodist, Baptist, etc.etc. And, likewise, the ones who water us can be quite different. Nevertheless, in the end, it is God who gives the growth. I don't think Jesus would have differed.......after all He said...."Why do you call me good? There is but one that is good.....God." I am just saying that many of the things we argue about are inconsequential and serve only as distractions. We can all start from different points but becoming spiritual(making the connection with God) is the only thing that will lead to actual growth.

Prior to the verses that I referred to was 1 Cor. 2:11-12:
"For who among men knows the thoughts of man except the man's spirit within him? We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God...." and vs. 14.........."The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned".

Once again it is difficult to have meaningful discussions when those that are discussing are from two different worlds(those with spiritual discernment and those without spiritual discernment).
Old 07-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzangle
When Jesus was alive nothing was apparently written down about him. The gospel writers only recorded what he is supposed to have said many years later. So how is it possible that they could quote him word for word, even if eye witnesses statements were available?

How many of us could quote the exact words of a conversation we had with someone last week, let alone many years ago?

The answer? Scribes.
Who, we understand concerning the old testament scriptures, not only were careful to copy the text, but counted every word and space.

People who have decided to take their stance of satanism, or atheism are not interested in the Truth. New finds, current information made available is not useful to them.
They are only interested in maintaining their stance, and lifestyle. Spouting errant rhetoric, and outdated information.
So be it.

However, more recently is information on an archaeological document, a part of Marks gospel, having been found put aside in the archive Libraries of Oxford University. Which had been submitted to them early in the 20th century, put aside, and neglected. Which same has been dated to within a generation of Jesus appearance, and ministry.

There is this available also... of which also Jared or Zig has any use for.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WViN8rd2KcM

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Quotations from Jesus, the tooth fairy or santa claus are all good as long as they benefit mankind. The message is more important than the messenger, all goodness comes from God.

Exactly sky and nicely put!

We need to stop focusing on the container and instead focus on the contents coming through the container.

If a beggar speaks the same words as a king, the kings words are not more valid. Words point to what they point to regardless of who speaks them, and often times its our own interpretation of another's words which causes us trouble.

For example, if I was to write a book, I would not need anyone to interpret what it says, and then try to tell me what I was trying to say through their interpretation of MY words, as how could anyone know the intent of my words but I? Yet, we have scholars and non-scholars alike attempting to do just that, and worse yet, some then take a rigid stance on what they believe the dead original writer was intending with their words. LOL Ironic I think.

Its like when we listen to a song and its lyrics and concoct some meaning of what the songs is saying in our head, only to hear in the song writers own words what they were actually conveying, which is usually far removed from the meaning we concocted.