Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Shabby

Share your Stories...Share hope

I think it would be nice to have a thread where we can share our experiences of Miracles and hope. For me it's a reminder that all things are possible and for those of you in need of healing, love, strength, faith and
encouragement may this thread bring you all that you ask for : )
Old 18-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Shabby

A smile can go along way

About 17 years ago I was stuck in an abusive relationship. The relationship lasted 10 years and during that time all me thoughts were negative and circled around how I was going to get out of that relationship alive and WITH my children. I was unable to step out of fighting the appearance. The negativity had pulled me so far away from the truth that I was blind toward anything good.

Then one day I went to the bank. I was standing in line and as usual I was totally caught up in my thoughts about survival. I suddenly had the feeling that someone was watching me. I looked up and saw a man with his son standing in line in front of me. The man and the child were looking at me, then looking at each other and looking at me again. Both of them had a light around them that I had never seen before, they did not say a word, but smiled. I don't recall but I probably did not smile back, I was too stunned. I forgot every thing around me: my life, the bank and all happenings. As soon as I was done with my transaction at the bank I ran out side to see where they were heading. But they were gone. But the smile was deep imbedded into my soul. I found the strength to leave the relationship and start a new life. For me those two " visitors" were angels. Reminding me that God IS all the time, everywhere.

When I think back at this beautiful experience that helped me to change my life I feel blessed for all it took was a smile and I have plenty of them now to give away : )
Old 19-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Master
Yours is a positive and inspiring story, Shabby.

My story starts in my early life. My mother was a person who believed in kindness, gentleness, and learning. She exemplified these qualities, but her response to the problems and stresses of her life was to enter a recurrent depression from the time I was age 11 or so. Dad was a hard-working man, and was both intelligent and very physical - but as his relatives observed, he had always had an explosive temper. Though he had a fun-loving side, amongst his wife and sons he was stern in asserting his opinions about politics, religion, authenticity, and the realities of the world.

Dad believed in rasing his boys by the principle "spare the rod and you spoil the child". He was a disiplinarian, but beyond that his advice to us was at times contradictory and my brother and I had to try to decipher how it applied in our lives, as we grew up. Something would offend Dad, and he'd be red faced and hitting us (though I'm glad to say that as far as I knew he didn't hit our mother). We grew afraid and resentful of Dad.

For me all this was complicated by the fact that I was deemed to be a pretty fast learner in school. So early-on I was put into a grade level where a lot of the kids were nine months to a year older than I was - and coupled with the fact that I wasn't big for my age, that made me somewhat runtish amongst the boys in my grade level. Which left me a bit vulnerable to the bullies and pushy roughnecks. Dad's only sort of advice was to stand up for myself physically, though I knew he'd resent it if he was called in to consult with a teacher or the principal about his son the pugnacious student! My life left me feeling "damned if I do, and damned if I don't".

My natural spiritual interest and my curiosity prompted me to read about subjects like Vedanta (yoga philosophy), Zen Buddhism, and mystical Christianity. By the time I was 20, I took some instruction in yoga meditation, which was the beginning of my varied practical explorations. Going deep within, I found my spiritual center - however, this did not liberate me in my daily life from the emotional muck made of fear, inner conflict, confusion, sadness, and shame. I had many wonderful experiences and great days, but when I faced adversity I was susceptible to dark feelings and real dread. It put a warp into personal relationships, worklife, and seemed to ruin my chances to feel I was succeeding at living.

I got married young, and my wife and I had a daughter. It all ended in misery when our daughter was less than three years old. My wife and a friend of mine had an affair, and affairs became the way my partner chose to escape the humdrum of being a mother and housewife.

Anyhow, I did meditation and dream-journal work, attended some Native-American ceremonies, and all these sorts of things. Finally, after an injury to my leg while on a hike, I took a "Reiki" course, because I knew it had to do with "healing". When I got attuned to Reiki, it seemed to dissolve about 80% of the mud of old inner stuff, all at once. It also helped with working on the complicated frustration and sadness of my marriage break-up.

I can't adequately express how glad I've been that I stumbled toward (or was led to) Light and to healing. Grateful, to be sure.

Last edited by Tanemon : 19-03-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 19-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Shabby

Hey Tanemon,
Thank you for sharing your story. I am sad to hear that you marriage broke apart and that you experienced infidelity during your marriage. I know what you must have went through. On the positive side you are who you are because of these experiences and I am sure there is purpose why you experienced them. I am glad you have found the center within yourself from which all blessing emanate : )
Old 19-03-2012, 04:37 PM
amy green

Angel1

Thanks for sharing Shabby .... your story gave me goose bumps! I've had a double whammy dose of human kindness bestowed upon me, synchronistically (from different sources) at one time...(which made me feel stunned and blessed) but nothing on your scale. Not life changing!
Old 19-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Thanks for sharing Shabby .... your story gave me goose bumps! I've had a double whammy dose of human kindness bestowed upon me, synchronistically (from different sources) at one time...(which made me feel stunned and blessed) but nothing on your scale. Not life changing!

Please share Amy! You never know who is reading : )
Old 19-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Shabby

No words needed

I live in a subdivision and have a neighbor who has a daughter. My daughter who is younger goes to the same school. Since we drive our kids to school, one day I went over to her house to ask her if she wanted me to pick up her daughter too. As I approached the front door a smell of home made spanish food caught my attention and I thought to my self "I wish she would cook for us such a meal" , but said nothing other then asking her if she wanted me to pick up her daughter.

After dropping her daughter off I went home and the phone rang. It was my neighbor and she said:" Vivian, today I cook for you". I could not believe what I was hearing. I was still in daze when ten minutes later the door bell rang and my neighbor stood there with a complete meal, meat, rice and beans for all of us.

Truly, no words are needed : )
Old 19-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Master
I've yakked about mine already; troubled youth ( death and divorce , drugs and heartbreak) followed by delusional worship of teen boy guru , followed by more drugs , a brutal vision of how nearly hopeless spiritual salvation was for me , followed by an adulthood of acute alcoholism and the same old heartbreak I clung to the whole time.

It wasn't all bad but being drunk all the time , which I was , literally, for the last year and a half, is a particularly ugly kind of hell , when you know you have a mountain of bad karma (or whatever) weighing you down, and death might be the only relief, if you didn't think that an even uglier kind of torment awaited you there.

No intentions of changing , no plan to get better , just a few clear moments here and there to pray to the gods or the guru or anything to let it end .
But one day something happened ; I slipped into the inbetween world , half here and half hallucination . It was the DT's , what amounted to waking nightmares for three days ; a dangerous accidental (I went crazy and forgot to drink) detox from alcohol . A night in the padded cell, and then 5 weeks in a rehab center , then a brand new life as a brand new person . Dave aint here, man ; he died and probably came back as a chihuahua . I use the body now . If that isn't a miracle, then I don't believe in miracles .
Old 19-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Miracles and hope?

I'll say again here. 2.5 weeks ago I was asked to sit with a dying acquaintance.
I did for 3 hrs.
After 2 phone calls asking if I had done a healing yet...I did before I left.
Next morning I got the call, "It's a miracle - She is out of her coma, off the heart pump, off her breathing machine, conscious, smiling and talking."
(And later, "It's amazing, she is progressing sooo much!!!")
Thank you again, Lord.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
I've yakked about mine already; troubled youth ( death and divorce , drugs and heartbreak) followed by delusional worship of teen boy guru , followed by more drugs , a brutal vision of how nearly hopeless spiritual salvation was for me , followed by an adulthood of acute alcoholism and the same old heartbreak I clung to the whole time.

It wasn't all bad but being drunk all the time , which I was , literally, for the last year and a half, is a particularly ugly kind of hell , when you know you have a mountain of bad karma (or whatever) weighing you down, and death might be the only relief, if you didn't think that an even uglier kind of torment awaited you there.

No intentions of changing , no plan to get better , just a few clear moments here and there to pray to the gods or the guru or anything to let it end .
But one day something happened ; I slipped into the inbetween world , half here and half hallucination . It was the DT's , what amounted to waking nightmares for three days ; a dangerous accidental (I went crazy and forgot to drink) detox from alcohol . A night in the padded cell, and then 5 weeks in a rehab center , then a brand new life as a brand new person . Dave aint here, man ; he died and probably came back as a chihuahua . I use the body now . If that isn't a miracle, then I don't believe in miracles .

Yes Dar that is a Miracles and hope for all that think they can't do it. What I would like to know is what happened in those 5 weeks? What awareness did you gain and what triggered it? I mean, what brought about the change do you think?