Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Aurélie

Cool "memory" that popped up during meditation

Honestly I got a "wow" feeling of this one:

I wasn't actually meditating properly, I was just knitting a sweater. As it is pretty monotonic, I turned on a past life meditation video from youtube. It was nice to listen to something like that, you know like when you were a kid and someone was reading a story to you out loud.

I didn't mean to get into it, but my mind was pretty clear 'cause I was focused on the sweater, doing the same repeating thing all the time, careful not to make a mistake. Suddenly I got a view in my head that was so vivid: I was in the middle of an outdoor market, dressed in early 19th century dress. It was a beautiful sunshiny day, a nice buzz around as the farmers were selling their stuff. Suddenly a man that looked like one of my current guides was beside me, we were fluently talking in a language I can in reality speak only little. He bought me an apple, and we laughed, it was such a silly thing to buy as a present. High above us there were trees growing. We walked in front of a theatre that I know from history books and that's how it ended.

As I "woke up" I needed to find a map of the city where I knew the theatre was - or had been. At the first glance of the map I got a feeling of a certain block, like "that's where we were!" and I was sooo sure that's where the theatre had been. Nope. It had been close, but a few blocks away. What had been in the spot that I had picked with my gut feeling, was indeed an out-door market, although, today it's a memorial sight. There was no text on the map saying anything about the market-place, I had to look it up on Wikipedia. And the trees growing above the street line? Turned out there was a city wall at that time, where they grew - I found a painting of the same view.

So I guess this is kind of evidence I've had a past life in that particular city? Or what do you think?
Old 30-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Neville

It sounds like a wonderful experience

I find Consciousness is often subject to temporal hopping.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Henri77

Well it certainly sounds like it, specially as it was an induction video and you recognized your guide.

I was just watching a youtube talk by Ram Dass , Harvard professor turned LSD experimenter-spiritual seeker-guru.

He mentioned giving a talk to an audience of trippers-seekers-psychology students ... about LSD spiritual experiences.
And a grandmother aged woman seemed to be in accord with everything he recounted, about varied transcendental experiences.

After the talk he asked her how she knew of these experiences, as she didn't seem a likely one to do psychedelics or meditation.
She leaned close and confided, "I crochet"
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM
pgrundy

I so want to learn to knit.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:22 AM
flutterangel

I think there's something to that. I do much better when the mind is occupied with something also. Keeps it busy and out of the way!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Aurélie

lol @ pgrundy and Henri77!

It sure was wonderful. I just wonder whether it was showing me that my guide has been my guide in my previous life also or that we were good friends back then and now he's my guide. I mean how can I know if he was in spirit or as a human being in the vision I saw?

He did buy an apple though. I guess spirits couldn't do that.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
pgrundy

I've also had weird little breakthrough 'memories' like that. They look like short movie clips, with additional info, just as you describe. I just take them at face value. One of them recently ended up making a lot of sense for what is happening in this life, but it took years and years to fall into place. So maybe it's all for a reason.

PS-- I really do want to learn to knit. I used to know how, but I've forgotten. There are some classes nearby and after Christmas I plan to take one.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Aurélie

Good for you pgrundy! I find knitting as one of the ultimate stress-releases, and at the same time my stress is fading, I'm also getting something done win-win!

Do you ever wonder why those breakthroughs happen in a certain moment? I'm still a bit confused why all of this new awakening is happening to me right now. It started from one dream alone and here I am, on a brand new path...
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Mathew

G'day Aurélie

I would say anything insightful like that without actually focusing on in the first place would have to be correct in my mind, I have done this at times when reading something, wham I get visions of certain times & events just like that out of the blue & nothing to do with what I'm reading or so I think!!!

Love
Mathew
Old 07-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
I so want to learn to knit.
The libraries have some books and magazines for knitting instructions for starters. Do you believe in the 3 Fates?

Don't forget to post us a pic of your first masterpiece