Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Master
Are Angels Not Free ?

What I mean by "free" is aren't angels a part of all of us, the information that is "given" to us by people like Doreen Virtue is informtion we must pay for if we want an angel reading, or buy her many books or angel cards. I am not against Doreen or her trying to make money .... However isn't all the information she has free to all of us? Sure she channels it but a lot of people can channel. In my opinion her "relationship" with the angels is no different than anyone else .... accept the fact she makes a good amount of money relaying information she recieves from the angels. Angels are all of ours and they are not about greed or making money off of the information they give us. Sure I beileve they would understand that you have to make a living, pay the rent/mortgage, pay bills take care of your family but to the extent some make money off of the information they give them I don't think is what they would want. Not that I know what angels want. But aren't they about love, peace, happiness, giving, helping others without wanting any thing in return? They are not about greed. Or is it that she has a more special or unique relationship with the angels, than anyone else thus this the reason she needs the money more than the others. I suppose what I am asking is if the information that say Doreen Virtue is getting from the angels is for all of us and given from their hearts with love and they aren't being "paid" for giving the info so why are we being charged so much to recieve it second hand?

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 AM
LadyB.

We all have the ability to communicate with angels. However, just as some people have the inclination to study as plumbers, hairdressers, lawyers or doctors, some will find they are drawn to practice in mediumship, healing or angels.

Depending on our aptitude and ambition, we may grow our chosen paths to any level.

As long as great importance is not attached to it, having money shouldn't make a difference to our spiritual selves. One would like to think that part of Doreen's money has helped good causes, however that is purely her own business.

Saying that, I do not charge for any of my own 'spiritual' services. I am by no means well off (financially) far from it actually. It just doesn't feel right........for me.

However, I am hoping that one day I will be able to put my experiences into published words which would enable me to to fund a project that has been close to my heart for many years......We shall see.

LB
X
Old 08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Master
The interesting part is, Doreen is part of what you call angelic. She is one of them, yes. The problem is, when we are down here, we sometime, or more likely often, get sidetracked. We start, our direction is as it was planed, by at some point we are to change direction. But at this point we are doing well, to well, we are looked into a situation, we feel we can not get out off, unless we make sacrifices, we are not prepared to make.
It this is what happened, and I am certain, the what would be the consequences?
The way I understand it, the flow of information will change.
Many like what they read of Doreen, but the many like Mills and Boon literature.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM
themaster

Money and spiritual..

OMG is that a topic.. I work on..

What I know is.. we exist here in 3rd dimension.. where we play by certain rules..

And those rules are.. "you need money to live" or really "everyone needs money"

that's a rule!! that's not even optional.. unless you like are okay with living on the street begging for the food.. I dunno living with brothers in worship.. Giving up your life to the army.. those kinds of thing

Otherwise if your normal.. you need money to live or be comfortable!

So if you’re asking me.. how or why??? the answer is quite simple.

Even "Doreen Virtue" needs money too.. she provides a service, a helping.. yes.. but she doesn't have to do it for free.. she can partake of our barter system.. one reason why is because there is no wrong!

There's nothing wrong you can do ever! (the wrongness or duality is a illusion)

I'll give you a real example I have a hard time with.. maybe'll you see why I keep running my EGO brain all over it.. and have only gleaned this much..

My teacher "Jim Self" charges a lot of money (not huge but substantial)

To basically take his courses for a year is $1500

Now that's not bad if you were to say compare it to "community college" etc. where your learning I dunno.. "paleontology" in fact you'd probably pay a hell of a lot more to learn "paleontology"

When I joined up with him.. I thought yah know 1 course is enough.. what did I want to learn you ask..??

I wanted "instant manifestation" the ability to make dreams come true.. how to be a shaman/magician it may be phrased.. I also wanted to be "happy" till I had it..

Did he teach me to become a magician?

No.. and yes, lol

Did he teach me to become happy?

Yes.. somewhat.. :)

Apparently that takes years of work and study I find out 1+ years in.. (it's not his fault.. it's just you learn were pretty low on the vibration totem pole and.. there is certain energy not yet ready for being a SHAMAN.. that will be put into to place) that's all I know!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 AM
themaster

So what I know to be true on this is..

- I would pay ANY amount of money to be a shaman/magician.. any!!! That's just the truth.. if you were to come to me.. show me you have it.. I'd pay you whatever you ask.. or find a way to pay the amount you would ask..

So truth be told looking at it that way.. $1500 a year is a cheap

- 2ndly my teacher is teaching me to be a Shaman a magician.. once I have it.. the MONEY is meaningless right..?? RIGHT (that's what I think)

So here are my 2 little sub-theory's or awareness's I have on that..

1. Without paying him the money.. I might not be so "attentive" or putting my full time and energy into the class.. I notice cause I pay him about ($20-$30 per session) that I'm always right there ready to learn.. to give it my full attention.. nothing else matters to me on class day but CLASS!

2. He's a human.. as I said above.. he has the right to live a comfortable lifestyle and so I believe he uses the money for that.. he does no wrong! Since wrong is a illusion..

Sometimes though, I wonder if he won't give back to us.. or buy us some weird community house..

He makes a weird joke sometimes.. that he got in trouble for saying.. "we should pay you for doing this" in one of his lectures.. cause he was saying.. that he and roxanne get a lot out of it!

One new thing I recently learned about him.. came in starting another series of classes.. in it he actually said.. publically to the whole class (and this came as news to me) if you don't have the money for the class.. just let me know.. the WORK he said.. is much more important than the money.. so if you can pay.. please pay! But if you are having problems with the financial part.. call me up, we'll work something out.. (never ever heard a teacher before say the "work" was more important than the money.. that's a rarity indeed.. to me he means were doing something special.. and in a way we are.. but all are welcome!)

Only known this teacher for a little over a year and half.. never ever heard him say that to me or anyone.. (I have the money though)

So hope my insights on this.. help you out.. this is still a question I work on.. "EGO'ing" the answer.. so the answer is I dunno and see the above

Also unlike my teachers or there channels.. you'll notice I have a practice of giving away my information (see above) and ideas for free.. (which a lot of it comes from them) that's just what I prefer to practice.. doesn't mean I couldn't charge.. just means for now.. I give it all away..

Also.. to answer your question.. Are Angels Not Free ?

The answer is yes.. angels are free.. you don't need Doreen Virtue or my teacher to talk to them.. just reach out and say "hello"
Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM
The Feather

The way I see it is - the messages is free for all, the angels does not just give messages to one person. It is up to us to work within to be able to clearly listen to those messages - that takes effort.

Now I could also take the easy way out and listen to a physical person telling those words - it is totally up to me which I prefer at any given moment in my life.

Now if you want to have some repair on your house, you can either do it your self or you can take the easy way out and have someone do it for you, you'll then end up paying a lot more for it.

For the angel messages you can either get them for free or pay someone for the service they provide. The angels does not care which you choose, it is up to you.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfay
What I mean by "free" is aren't angels a part of all of us, the information that is "given" to us by people like Doreen Virtue is informtion we must pay for if we want an angel reading, or buy her many books or angel cards. I am not against Doreen or her trying to make money .... However isn't all the information she has free to all of us? Sure she channels it but a lot of people can channel. In my opinion her "relationship" with the angels is no different than anyone else .... accept the fact she makes a good amount of money relaying information she recieves from the angels. Angels are all of ours and they are not about greed or making money off of the information they give us. Sure I beileve they would understand that you have to make a living, pay the rent/mortgage, pay bills take care of your family but to the extent some make money off of the information they give them I don't think is what they would want. Not that I know what angels want. But aren't they about love, peace, happiness, giving, helping others without wanting any thing in return? They are not about greed. Or is it that she has a more special or unique relationship with the angels, than anyone else thus this the reason she needs the money more than the others. I suppose what I am asking is if the information that say Doreen Virtue is getting from the angels is for all of us and given from their hearts with love and they aren't being "paid" for giving the info so why are we being charged so much to recieve it second hand?

This is why I don't pay for readings and such and never charge for what I offer. The gift of spirit should be available to all, even those who can't pay....especially them. People like Doreen capitalize on the fact that most people, though they do posess the ability to talk to angels, don't trust themselves when it comes to intuitive work. I watched my dad do this for years, and though I can't deny he helped a lot of people....and paid the bills, I still can't agree with taking money for what I know.

But that's a personal choice and quite frankly, some people just need to pay for stuff in order for it to have a real value for them. She must have something 'real' or people wouldn't support her.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Mind's Eye

I think Doreen Virtue started out well and her work came from the heart.. But now, I think the popularity and money has created a bigger wave that she wants to ride as long as she can. If you notice, she floods the market with book after book and deck after deck... Many of them are repeat information that is just slightly rearranged and the oracles decks have messages that are very thin and even weak in some of their interpretation. Her current work appears to be a far cry from the material that came out in the beginning.

My personal reading and gut intuitive feeling for Ms. Virtue: She has lost much of her connection with the angelic realm and her gift flounders. The increased desire to amass personal gain has dulled her spiritual senses and she speaks now from mostly her own reasoning. Her light grows dim and even she is too blind to see that this is so. fortune and fame are drugs that can dull the senses and make one feel invincible. But woe to the intoxicated person once everyone finally realizes that they are just spouting empty words.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Master
I too connect with my angels, including the Archangels, perhaps not on the level as Doreen does but I can. Its usually on a personal level. I too talk to them and I hear them as well as see them. I have also connected to my own angels. I did this on my own - they have always been with me, all I had to do was invite them in. Mediumahip skills are different, though some would say we all have this ability to be a medium, it takes a lot of work and practise. So I do understand having to charge, I have no problem in those charging their services. Talking with angels is different.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 08-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Master
Yes I see the dilema with Doreen Virtue making money off helping people to understand angels and yes angels are free.
However, what about those people who really don't know how to listen to themselves or to their angels and need that help. Doreen has to make a living too and so okay I say let her sell her books etc. As for angel readings and such, I disagree with her setting one price and she should take people who can pay and those who can't and give away readings, but she's famous now, and so who knows how many people would try to take advantage of that.
I've done readings for people long readings several years ago when i was better at it and never charged, however I had many people send me amazon gift certificates or a check in the mail but I never asked. I personally don't beleive in earning money for a psychic gift. However, if that's the only thing you can do well then okay fine, do it but don't charge 300 bucks for a 30 minute reading.
Spiritlite.