Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2007, 10:34 AM
tiltjlp

My Lives As A Writer

Almost from birth, there was evidence that I probably have had past lives as a number of writers. As soon as I could talk, I had a much larger than normal vocabulary, and spoke in sentences very early. I was creative and inventive as early as I recall. The first time I held a pencil, I knew without prompting how to hold it, and found the smell of oilcloth exhilarating beyond words. When I began writing, I seemed to know both grammar and punctuation instinctively. When I started writing poetry at 6 or 7, I had no trouble with meter and rhyme, although I much preferred free verse. I’ve always been able to “write to page”, which isn’t very easy, without any effort. My parents were Catholic, so most of this was ignored or shrugged off as it relates to any past life connection. I started what I later found out was meditation probably when I was between 5 or 6, and which has always been a link to what I write.

The dreams which eventually made me wonder if I had been Merlin The Magician, who of course wasn’t a magician but an alchemist, or what was often known as a wizard, began when I was between 18 months and two years old. By then I had been finishing stories my parents read to me, and going off on my own to make up my own stories. I was also printing my first “rough drafts” of what would be the first stories I’d write. By the age of three I was able to read the beginner books my parents had been reading to me. Because I was born in December, I started school late, and constantly got in trouble in kindergarten because I was utterly bored. So within months I was promoted to the first grade, which was much more to my liking. That teacher noticed I could write, or print, I guess, and began encouraging me. When I began second grade, I was thrilled to find out that teacher was still going to be my teacher. She’s the person who got my first article published, in a new scholastic magazine.

Now for those dreams, which were actually Imprintings and Instant Knowledge, which only made things more confusing. Almost overnight I started knowing about and being quite interested in castles, knights, moats, jousting. Dreams I did have were of a tall, thin, gaunt, bearded man working in a large room which had a furnace with a roaring fire at all times. I remember seeing this person mixing all sorts of things from small boxes and bottles, and that many of these mixtures caused the fire to either increase or even explode. About this time, my playmates and I discovered, just as my older brother and his friends had, a large hilly wooded lot just up and catty-corner to our house and yard. Within that lot was an almost cave-like grotto cut into the side of the hill. This became where we all played most of the time. I’m extremely shy and introverted, as I was then, but when we played Castles & Knights, I always took the lead. I would make up scenarios and assign roles to my playmates, and even would explain in very simple terms what knights, castles, moats, drawbridges, and so forth were. Rather than taking the role of the leader or king, or a hero, I was the Wizard and made up the rules as we played out our games. While I was in charge when we played Castles & Knights, whenever we played anything else, I was pushed around and bullied like I usually was.

Maybe a year or so later, we discovered another vacant lot, this one with a gully and a dried-up creek bed and hanging vines. This also became part of our Castles & Knights game, and yes, I was in charge of this too. By then I knew about the Knight Of The Round Table, and we would stage all kinds of challenges and contests.

Four-six months ago, I told all this to an Internet friend, and joked that I had a past life as a legendary fictional character. She was stunned that I had never considered I might have been Geoffrey of Monmouth in a past life. Geoffrey of Monmouth happens to be the writer/monk [1100-1155] who brought all the old Welsh and British legends together, modernized the King Arthur stories, and added Merlin to the plot. Now if my memories had been of King Arthur, I might have made a connection, but my memories were of Merlin, who in the late 1940s, early 1950s, was still a very minor part of the entire legend.

At her urging, I did use investigating, and found that yes, Geoffrey of Monmouth did actually begin the modern King Arthur legend as we know it today. But I also uncovered a William of Malmesbury, who lived roughly in the same era, but a bit after Geoffrey of Monmouth. William of Malmesbury was also a Welsh monk just like Geoffrey of Monmouth, and that threw me for a loop. But as I dug deeper, I found that William of Malmesbury embellished the work of Geoffrey of Monmouth, and changed the flavor and character of much of Geoffrey of Monmouth’s original work. As far as I can tell, all my memories would have had their roots in the work of Geoffrey of Monmouth.

Since I seldom have traditional past life dreams or any memories like most of you do, I had to rely on Imprinting and Instant Knowledge. But while I was wavering between Geoffrey of Monmouth and William of Malmesbury, my dreams from more than 50 years ago began again, and somehow I’m sure that they connect to Geoffrey of Monmouth. Several other things I’ve found out in my research, or that I had known support this conclusion. From the 8th until well into the 13th century, monks were as much historians and writers as they were scribes, and their communities were probably the first “writer’s colonies”. Plus, several earlier past lives I’ve had were also as monks/scribes, and a number of later ones have been as writers, as well as one as a book store owner/writer in Britain in the late 17th-early 18th century.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 25-01-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Hi John,

Very interesting reading, about your past life and writing connections. Amazing how you figured that all out and how it seemed to fit like pieces of a puzzle.

So you figured this out from past life dreams and not having had a past life reading ?( not sure if that is the correct wording? ) And how does one know it is a past life dream? does this just happen, the past life dreams or is there a way to request a dream like that ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Knower

Hi John

Have you ever thought of having past life regression to find out even more?
From what I have read in your post it definately seems there is something there, especially as this started from you being so young.

I think if it were me I would want to find out even more

Michelle xxx
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 AM
tiltjlp

Hi Dream Angel and Michelle,

Thanks for your interest in my story. Yes, I figured everything out myself, through meditation and dreams, with the help of an online friend, who I had told this story, and even more stuff. All in all it only took me from my late teens until six months ago, which is a bit more than 40 years, to make all the pieces fit. If my friend hadn't made the connection to Geoffrey of Monmouth, I would still be wondering.

And no, I have never had a past life reading or a regression, partly because I couldn't and can't afford one. But also because in addition to those dreams, I have had several insights over the years, and especially recently, which have convinced me that my conclusions are correct.

I don't really feel a need to have any of this confirmed by anyone, since it's not a bagging point for me, but an explanation about my life as a writer, and the unusually early start I had. Each of us has to decide how much proof we need, for me, I'm more than satisfied.

John
Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Knower

Hi John

I still think its great that your friend made the connection but also think you would have got there in the end
40 years may be a long time but to find out on your own what you have is incredible.

I have not long finished a book by Roy Stemman about the true strories of past lives and to say it was interesting is an understatement

If/when you do find anything else I would love to hear about it

Michelle xxx
Old 02-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Master
Michelle, may I ask what this book is that you've just finished? Past lives is one of my very favorite subjects.

I agree with John on the fact that we each have to decide how much proof we need. My past life memories have more than convinced me of what some of my lives were like, especially since some of the memories I share with friends. I don't feel the need for a 'true regression' and I'm glad...because I couldn't afford one either. LOL

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Knower

Of course MG

Its called Reincarnation, True Stories of Past Lives by Roy Stemman

If you are unable to get a copy I would be very happy to send you mine

I was quite amazed at how many famous believers there are

Michelle xx
Old 02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi John~

That was really great that your friend helped you with the connection to Geoffrey. I am very impressed with your story and how you figured this out ! I was not suggesting that you needed to have this validated by anyone by having a past life reading , it is just that I had never heard of past life dreams before (I am just a beginner / seeker looking for answers in a new dimension). So much to learn and thank you for helping by sharing your experiences.

(((hugs)))

Michelle, that book sounds very interesting. I am going to the library today, so I will check to see if they have it. Thanks !

MG and John ~ I think I am missing something, I have not had any dreams that I can remember of any past lives. Is there a way to help this happen ? ( sorry if I am in the wrong thread for this question, but is seems to go with this conversation)

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-05-2007, 10:46 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel

I think I am missing something, I have not had any dreams that I can remember of any past lives. Is there a way to help this happen ? ( sorry if I am in the wrong thread for this question, but is seems to go with this conversation)

Dream Angel,

At least for me, past life dreams only occur while meditating, and not every time. As I've said elsewhere on the forum, meditation is the whole key to spirituality for me. I'll try to post something before too long about how meditation works for me. I'll offer a basic guide and some pointers, based on my experience. While it may or may not help anyone else, it should give you an idea what all has been involved for me.

John
Old 02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Master
Dream Angel, I've had spontaneous recall over the past year. Once I really began taking meditation seriously, I started experiencing these 'flashbacks.' But it's never during meditation for me. Something will trigger it...a picture, something I've read or something a friend says....then suddenly I'm reliving something that happened 500 yrs ago. It can be quite intense.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Closed Thread