Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-11-2016, 02:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Does taking antidepressants effect kundalini

I was planning to take a low dose of antidepressants soon so it can help with my breathing,tightness of stomach,depression and anxiety and I was wondering if I take a low dose will it mess up my spiritual growth and keep me from experiencing a kundalini awakening
Old 02-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Master

If you have depression that will mess with your spiritual growth anyway as with depression comes negative thinking etc, anxiety too being fear would too really drop vibration. Depression needs to be treated.

If you are worried about artifcal man made drugs, try St Johns Wort, that has been shown to be just as effective as anti depressants and some have even found it works better.

Someone activating kundalini before they are ready may cause depression.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Master

You cannot mess up spiritual growth! it happens regardless of what kind of life you live.

So do whatever it takes to bring you into a mood of feeling happy, because that is where the true magic will unfold; whether you call it kundalini or are drinking margaritas on a sunny beach is irrelevant to spirit. It just love expressing itself through physical manifestation and want nothing else for you than to have a happy life, because that is the indication that you are in alignment with the life you desire to live. So care about how you feel, and always try to reach for a better feeling inside; do that and in no time you will find you live the life you desire.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:23 AM
Master
Namaste.

Your anti-depressant won't effect Kundalini any more than your depression already does.

Anti depressants are no more than a band-aid solution anyway and the goal is to practice introspection and self-inquiry...mindfulness to find out what is making you depressed/anxious and generally feeling this way.

Sea-Dove is correct in that a spontaneous awakening often leads to feelings of existential isolation which can cause depression - it did in my case.

I still go through the "nobody understands, nobody cares, it's all an illusion anyway, think I'll eat some worms" drama occasionally.

The 'cure' is external focus and pranayama. As unfortunate as it is and as brutal as it sounds, depression is a luxurious self-indulgence and before anybody criticizes my insensitivity, I suffer from depression.

If anything Kundalini awakening lifts and raises the mood, but sustaining this high is the key....or else we just let our energies spiral out of control into existential entropy which we must be on our guard against, like 24/7.

The trick is to find our 'niche' within the whole framework and not try and tackle things that are 'too big for us' at the time....we need to nibble and not bite.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Seeker

I'm sorry to contradict you, my dear friend, but I am sure that every single thing that you put in your body and is artificial, will affect in some way or another your energies, especially the Great Serpent.
Depression is a cruel illness, I totally agree. But the most helpful aid comes from within always. Plus, low vibration during a long time is the one that probably triggered your illness. It would be a little foolish to propagate those vibrations through the Kundalini. Even if this is not your purpose, this thing might happen in the first period of your practices.