Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Experiencer
These are all good thoughts - with exception of the "Allah" one, and that's not because I have anything against Islam, but because I stated that I am looking for something completely unconnected to any one religion, with no specific connotations.

I am curious if ayone can think of any actual names - like perhaps a proper name, like "Bob" or something (ok, not Bob, but you know what I mean! Lol) There are names like Alex, Kris, Terri, etc that can be male or female. Meditate on this question, ponder it if you will and let me know you come up with anything.

I realize that any name is going to minimize what that Source, that Presence truly is. I am just throwing this out there as a thought exercise - nothing more.

Thank you all, and Many Blessings : )

QuanKev
Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Master
I often call the pure silent presence, This.

Xan

Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
You could just address the collective consciousness because that is what shapes the Cosmos in which we all live, making us all the creator.

umm... well... the collective consciousness is not God by any name... which is one seamless, formless infinite whole that all individual consciousnesses originally arose from and into which they disappear at some point.

So here are some more names I have used... the Oneness, Source, Infinite Beingness.

Xan

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Quintessence

Well, as a Neopagan, the names for the gods are as countless as the words humans can put to them. But if you want something truly novel:

Smash your keys on the keyboard. Such as:

egrjo

Then modify into something pronounceable:

egerjio

Problem solved. For additional fun, change your keyboard to an international setting in a different language entirely. Or eschew the keyboard entirely and just start muttering random sounds until something intuitive resonates with you.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Master
Since God is eternally silent and actually has no name.........

Xan

Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Sybilline

I honestly don't know what to call it/him/her, when it seems like it/him/her is everything and nothing and everything in between all at the same time... So the term I use just keeps changing, I mean they all sound "right" to me... O.O
Old 04-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
I honestly don't know what to call it/him/her, when it seems like it/him/her is everything and nothing and everything in between all at the same time... So the term I use just keeps changing, I mean they all sound "right" to me... O.O
Yes this is what I do also, it depends on the conversation and who i am having that conversation with.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumKev
I am looking for a new name for God; something completely new and different, that has no connotations or ties to any past or present religions or traditions; something I, and maybe others if they wish, can use to address God in prayer. I have been thinking about this for a long, long time, and the closest thing I can come up with (and I don't think it's entirely new) is "Loving Presence."

I am looking for something that has no male or female aspect to it; something that maybe has never been spoken or written before, or if it has, has been lost to the ages.

There are no right or wrong answers, I would just like to know if you have an idea, something you use now, or if this question inspires something to pop into your head - please let me know what that is : )

Many Blessings,

QuanKev

Marry me Haha!

Seriously, it brings me such relief to read someone else understanding the Truth about there being no gender to what God is.

I have been in some frustrating debates about this in the past...

I will take some time to consider a 'new' reference title to God. Up until now, I have used the terms Spirit/Source/Love.

Thanks for starting this thread dear. (lol)
Old 04-06-2012, 03:50 AM
Master
the Ground

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Me, personally, when I speak to "Him" - He is my Father whom I address humbly with love...but not usually when I talk to y'all.
He is just this Presence!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru