Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 27-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Yay For Common Sense. imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurplagare89
Interesting. "Nothing" is something that cannot be seen, touched or sensed. But that doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Oxygen cant be sensed but still its very clear existence. Black isnt "nothing" either, black is a color!

Hi Dj, great to see some common sense in your words.

Non-occupied space embraces but does not contain/restrict our finite occupied space Universe. imho

1) Metaphysical-1 / mind/intellect ergo any concepts thereof.
------------------------------------------------
2) Non-occupied Space-- macro-micro infinite ---
...Metaphysical-2.......

Occupied space / physical / energy / quasi-physical nand finite:
...Spirit-2....

1) fermionic matter---charged/dipolar/bi-polar
..Spirit-2....

2) bosonic forces--- dipolar/bi-polar and other than gravity --and
...Spirit-2......,

3) gravity---mono-polar? and quasi-physical ----
...Metaphysical-3 and Spirit-3....

---------"U"niverse = "G"od{ ess }---------
...^..above inclusive of non-occupied space..^
..v..below is exclusive of non-occupied space...v...
Universe = God{ ess }
The Great Mama
The Great Spirit
The Great Illusion
The Cosmos...etc....imho

r6
Old 27-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Djurplagare89

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r

Non-occupied space embraces but does not contain/restrict our finite occupied space Universe. imho

...Metaphysical-2.......

Occupied space / physical / energy / quasi-physical nand finite:
...Spirit-2....

1) fermionic matter---charged/dipolar/bi-polar
..Spirit-2....

2) bosonic forces--- dipolar/bi-polar and other than gravity --and
...Spirit-2......,

3) gravity---mono-polar? and quasi-physical ----

Universe = God{ ess }
The Great Mama
The Great Spirit
The Great Illusion
The Cosmos...etc....imho

r6
Now you seem sure..eh... "Nothing" is only a word made of humans.
Old 28-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 All Words Are Human Made

Quote:
Dj89--} Now you seem sure..eh... "Nothing" is only a word made of humans

Huh? All words are human "made", so I'm not sure what your point is exactly?.

Study the cosmic heirarchy below, if you find something in error or that you think may be invalid please share, with some rationally logical reason as to why you believe that specific concept is invalid ex. you appear to have some concern about the word "nothing"--- like all words ---being a creation of humans. Thx r6

I've corrected some of enumeration below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r

...Metaphysical-2.......

3) Occupied space / physical / energy / quasi-physical and finite:
...Spirit-2....

..3a) fermionic matter---charged/dipolar/bi-polar
..Spirit-2....

..3b) bosonic forces--- dipolar/bi-polar and other than gravity --and
...Spirit-2......,

..3c) gravity---mono-polar? and quasi-physical ----

Universe = God{ ess }
The Great Mama
The Great Spirit
The Great Illusion
The Cosmos...etc....imho

r6
Old 28-04-2014, 08:20 PM
each1teach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by each1teach1
Because nothingess is subjective to your perception. It's not material, it exists only as an idea in our imagination...and everyone's idea is different. It's only manifestation is the word "nothing"

What I meant in the first post was that no such concept exists in material form. I know this because it would make no sense in that form.
Empty space is not nothing because it's empty space. It's just a word used to describe.

Let me clarify my stance here ^ because the word nothing and the philosophical concept of nothingness are two different things, I interpreted them as the same thing but now that I think of it the grammatical 'nothing' is different than the concept of nothingness.

'Nothing' in grammar is an indefinite pronoun meaning it's a substitute word that takes the place of a noun, such as "there is nothing in the drawer" actually means "there is only empty space in the drawer"
In grammar, nothing is just a substitute word.

Then there is the Nothingness concept/theory of non-being or non-existence. I don't think this makes sense in reality because I see eye to eye with Parmenides when he said there is two ways of inquiry: That it is, and that it is not. The latter doesn't make sense because nothing cannot be.
In one's consciousness, nothingness is absence of thought and feeling. One cannot realize absence of thought without thinking. Consciousness without thinking is nothing... then, how would one experience nothing with consciousness? Pure feeling? then you would have to feel something
That's how I see it.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Non-occupied and occuied space Simple Not Complex

There exists cosmic non-occupied and occupied space is relatively simple concept to grasp, once we able to grasp teh concept of our finite occupied space Universe.

This proves to be the most difficult for most humans to grasp. Go figure.

In our everdydays lives we have simple analogies but the one I like best is the man who help Steve Jobs invent the mouse.

He also had the idea of for sighns on some public bathroom doors--- ex trains, plane busess ---of a sign that says occupied when you latch the door from inside, and it says unoccupied when no one is inside.

In our every day examples we see empty space, but we know that space is filled with air molecules, photons, and other various fermionic cosmic particles we cannot see with our naked eye.

r6
Old 13-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Nothing doesn't exist
Old 14-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Master
http://youtu.be/YGJNqp7px3U?t=1h4m45s speaks of nothing allowing tremendous energy/compassion

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 16-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Administrator
Hello

What is nothing we are nothing.....maybe we do not even exist. I do not believe that but who knows.

This reminds me of a time I was doing Platform Medium Readings and this man came to me, for a woman in the audience. I could see him as clear as I could see everyone living and he could too see me clearly. He stood there with me staring at me, and finally said "I do not believe in you, when you die you pass into nothingness and that is that. You do the work of the Devil." that is the message I had to pass on to this woman. She broke down in tears and said that is my "Dad" finally a Medium that really found him.

It was a few days later that same man re joined me, and we chatted a bit about this "Nothing" that is there. He still felt there was nothing in death but too that he could see and talk to me. To him he was physically dead so there was "nothing to live for".

Its an interesting concept nothing.

Lynn
Old 16-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Can nothing even exist? Or can it only ever exist in the mind, or in theory/philosophy?

Empty space is not empty, it has air and molecules and stuff. Space is not empty, there are wormholes, asteroids, etc. Dark matter is not nothing, it's a huge mass of energy. Parts of space that have "nothing", no atoms, small particles, still have gravity, and radiowaves, and photons running through them.

Another random thought...

Nothing is by definition lack of anything. The word "nothing" can be used in a whole range of contexts with various meanings as well. Nothing as in the void which can be mentally experienced. Nothing as in lack of solids or liquids inside a defined space "there's nothing in this warehouse". Nothing as in lack of air, and nothing as in the hypothetical case where there is absolutely nothing (not even energy). It can also be used in common communication "what are you thinking about?" "nothing".

You can split it up into "no" and "thing". So it's a lack of things, and "thing" could be anything which doesn't necessarily mean everything. So nothing doesn't necessarily imply lack of everything.

We could mess around with the definitions of nothing, but it has several meanings anyways. It's useful for communication purposes, or screwing people over if you want to be a guru that confuses people who don't understand that some words have more than one meaning.
Old 17-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 True Nothing = Non-occcupied Space

True nothingness = non-occupied space.

Non-occupied space embraces our finite occupied space Universe.

Gravitational Pi-'space' = prime 31 imho

Euclidean [ time ] or Pi-'time' = 24 imho

Macro-infinite non-occupied space, embraces finite occupied space{ Universe } imho

This part is relatively simple to grasp. imho

When asked what metaphysical-1 mind/intellect concepts are happening via your conscious awareness, we may say nothing, and what that really means, is nothing in paticular and not truly nothing happening with consciousness and its access to metaphysical-1 mind/intellect. imho

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman