Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 08-10-2017, 01:58 AM
Knower

the one-sided purpose?

I have a question in my mind sometime still. I mean i don't want anything to do wtih who i thought was my tf. that's history. very done with that. sometimes i wonder why that person didn't have an experience like mine. I had the tf stuff and I never heard of it before at all. I only discovered it after I experienced it. I had otherworldly things and i mean i now doubt that was my tf. if it was, i couldn't care less. i would just do without it. but what is the purpose of maybe these contracts we have with people where it's going to be a one-sided thing? it's no longer a one-sided thing. I don't care about it anymore. i still have that question. why did i seem to 'recognize' the person and the other person did not.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:02 AM
Knower

My experience is a bit different in the fact that neither he and I had heard of twin flames, then I looked up all the crazy stuff happening and found it, and he agreed. Even now, he still says he believes in twin flames and believes I am his. Maybe he did experience an awakening but I got burned by it. He had been single for two years when we met but suddenly met a girl he says he wants to marry 6 months after we met. I do wonder if I somehow awoke him and gave him the confidence push to meet someone and be in a stable relationship. I have brought this up to him but he doesn't really engage in the conversation or seem interested. It's odd. He'll say he believes that twin flames are real and that that is us, but he won't really talk about it.

So I can relate to you in that sense. Experiencing something so incredible and you want to make sense of it all. But the other person involved seems to have a different view.

Maybe you were more spiritually advanced than your twin? Maybe you both created a soul contract before this lifetime and this one sided (and now no sided) experience was to be one of your lessons?
Old 08-10-2017, 03:34 AM
Experiencer
@Roxane9-
Yeah, I would agree that some of these connections are more one-sided than others. I've had quite a few experiences like @DaisySunshine, where I would meet these interested but firmly single men, then, after me they ended up in serious relationships and marriages.

I felt like the female version of the movie 'Good Luck Chuck' minus the sex. It's a funny but crude movie. lol

It took me years to figure out that I was getting friend zoned at a certain part of the relationship. And that I was a healer. I was healing their hearts because I was loving them for who they were not the mask they were wearing. Once I figured out that was what was going on, I stopped trying to be someone they needed to be and got real choosy who I let into my heart. This had its own backfire but at least I knew instead of always being hurt.

My experience with my TF really let me learn my worth and I am so much stronger now. I'm grateful for this time on my own to finish cutting the belief systems that kept me in such an ugly place.

But yeah, knowing why something happened doesn't mean it is all hunky dory now.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:20 AM
Knower

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to ask about something else and I guess I'll just add it here. I guess it relates. I used to do this weird thing and I don't want to describe it. but it's an otherworldly thing i was able to do when i had feelings for what i thought was my tf. so i was doing that extremely one day. i could do it whenever i wanted to. i no longer can. it's all done. but when i was able to do that i was doing it extreme one day and it brought 'him' to me. the one i thought was my tf. it brought someone with his energy. just like him right to me. i mean it looked like him too but taller. and he acted like him, just extreme similarity. and he just came right up to me and casually said something and and we were starting to talk. and i know i did that by what i had been doing before that happened. i was dumbfounded inside by the similarity cause i was thinking of him and then his twin shows up. hahahaha and i ended up just walking away. it was kind of a bold situation for him to do that cause it was not anywhere 'social' and he seemed kinda nervous too a little. but it was really so similar there was no question. it was very strange. what does that mean? a sign the first one was not a tf? that it's just an energy? it was like that guy channeled the other guy's energy. hahaha but i know it was his own. it was just very weird.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 AM
Experiencer
That's hard to say for me what that all means. Mostly because my experiences are not at all in astral projection or connections before meeting my TF. I experienced him in person first then started to feel him later. I believe my sensory gifts were turned off then and a while after. Not sure why but I know everyone has their own strengths that manifest first.

Ultimately I think we have to be able to trust our instincts which is not a great answer I know! Hopefully others will be able to answer you more effectively. You might try and look into the astral projection or whatever is closest section of this site. There might be more information there.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxane9
I have a question in my mind sometime still. I mean i don't want anything to do wtih who i thought was my tf. that's history. very done with that. sometimes i wonder why that person didn't have an experience like mine. I had the tf stuff and I never heard of it before at all. I only discovered it after I experienced it. I had otherworldly things and i mean i now doubt that was my tf. if it was, i couldn't care less. i would just do without it. but what is the purpose of maybe these contracts we have with people where it's going to be a one-sided thing? it's no longer a one-sided thing. I don't care about it anymore. i still have that question. why did i seem to 'recognize' the person and the other person did not.

I honestly don't believe you can have a one-sided relationship of any kind be it one of these twin flames or not. It's like talking of a one-sided marriage. Sure you can be married and poetically claim that one participant feels married but thinks the other one doesn't. But really one-sided? Impossible. Same with a contract. It logically can't be one-sided.

From what I read of TF scriptures, you can feel as strongly as you like that the other person is your potential TF but unless they're following the same script it just isn't TF. You have to believe fundamentally the same thing.

So why did i seem to 'recognize' the person and the other person did not? Your feelings are yours to own. The person didn't feel the same; didn't hold the same beliefs.....I'd guess.

The underlying beliefs of TF are just that - beliefs, not an absolute truth.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxane9
Thanks for the replies. I wanted to ask about something else and I guess I'll just add it here. I guess it relates. I used to do this weird thing and I don't want to describe it. but it's an otherworldly thing i was able to do when i had feelings for what i thought was my tf. so i was doing that extremely one day. i could do it whenever i wanted to. i no longer can. it's all done. but when i was able to do that i was doing it extreme one day and it brought 'him' to me. the one i thought was my tf. it brought someone with his energy. just like him right to me. i mean it looked like him too but taller. and he acted like him, just extreme similarity. and he just came right up to me and casually said something and and we were starting to talk. and i know i did that by what i had been doing before that happened. i was dumbfounded inside by the similarity cause i was thinking of him and then his twin shows up. hahahaha and i ended up just walking away. it was kind of a bold situation for him to do that cause it was not anywhere 'social' and he seemed kinda nervous too a little. but it was really so similar there was no question. it was very strange. what does that mean? a sign the first one was not a tf? that it's just an energy? it was like that guy channeled the other guy's energy. hahaha but i know it was his own. it was just very weird.
the "taller" detail supports my notion that you'd encountered his "higher self"
identity in your experience, the being that he's growing into becoming, since
many/most of the sources i've come across which speak of people as evolving
into a more advanced state of being indicate increased 'stature' (even towards
becoming giants).
Old 09-10-2017, 04:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
becoming giants).

I love that. hahaha I would have never thought of that. :)
Old 09-10-2017, 06:46 AM
Experiencer
@ H:o:r:u:s-
Great insight! I've seen my TF's high self when I went into a meditation and asked mine to bring him in to do some healing. I can't really remember what exactly he looked like but he felt like the human only free from any restrictions and so happy to see me. Then I watched them embrace and kiss. THAT WAS WEIRD! Lol
Old 10-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
becoming giants).

When I met my higher self, I realized that she was taller than I am, and just generally seemed to me to be larger than my human self.