Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Bunny Am I the Only One?

I feel like I know when people are about to leave us. I'll have a strange dream or feel a jolt just after I wake up or just before I go to sleep. I honestly can't explain this and no dream occurs twice, but the jolts I get are the strangest thing. My heart will speed up when I'm doing absolutely nothing, and my thoughts rage in colors instead of words or pictures.

Here's an example of something that happened. I know somebody whose sister, unfortunately, has leukemia. I had been thinking about her for the past week and wondering if she was okay. The next morning at school, I received word that she may be on her deathbed. I thought back to the morning before and realized I had felt a quick jolt that could not be for any other reason.

Am I the only one who gets these jolts and random dreams?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Master

I've often had precognitive dreams when a family member or a family pet is about to pass. I can't recall getting any jolts, though. It must just be the way your body reacts to the messages.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Everly

I don't get a jolt, either, but I usually know. To me, it just seems the person (or animal) is fading. If it's very close, I can nearly see through them (literally, but only nearly).
Old 11-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Master
Never think you are the only one, we all have it, some folks just deny it or suppress it due to how they were raised or peer pressure, but not everyone does. Some allow the Knowing.

Mine comes as precognitious dreams, the pass over within 24-72 hours of the dream.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Augadelume

I have only felt it as a jolt once and that was with my grandfather and it was the last time I saw him he was on his deathbed and I already knew I cant explain how but I knew it was his last day but when it was just me and him in the hospital room I got a jolt that almost made me collapse on the floor my knees went weak and I had to catch myself. All the other times have been me just knowing I have only felt that jolt once though.
Old 13-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder

I usually see purple/blue light orbs by the time when someone is separating from his/her physical body. I've had precognitive dreams as well, but in those cases when a loved one is about to depart.
It happened yesterday... There was a very ill stray cat and I had to help her in one way or another. The vets had to put her to sleep,unfortunately. They let me to stay alone for a while with the cat, to say her one last good bye, then I had to leave. I was just waiting when I saw that bright orb, and I knew that it was the end.
The strange thing is that I feel absolutely calm in such situations.
Old 15-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for letting me know guys :) I was just wondering if there were people like me.
Jenny Crow: Usually, my dreams are actually about random people that I barely know... Is that a lot different?
Everly: Sometimes, I don't feel a person fading, but most of the time I can sense when they "stop working"
CrystalSong: Mine work the same way, but sometimes it's longer than 72 hours for some reason.
Augadelume: I'm sorry to hear that :( You always have me to talk to. My jolts didn't seem that bad, so I'm sorry you had to go through that pain.
Aglaya: It's interesting how your gift works with animals, mine is usually just on people.

Thanks again for taking time to reply everyone!
Old 15-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeshadow
Everly: Sometimes, I don't feel a person fading, but most of the time I can sense when they "stop working"

I think it's similar. When I saw the words "stop working", it hit a chord.
Old 16-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Augadelume

Smokeshadow : Thank you and you as well always have me to talk to, it actually didn't hurt it was like when your knee just gives out and you have to catch yourself except I was just standing there and got the jolt and both of my knees went weak or gave out it was weird and hard to explain lol
Old 17-12-2014, 02:47 AM
erinbella42

I usually get precognitive dreams. My grandmother passed away a few months ago, and about a week before she went into the hospital I had a dream that she passed and was reincarnated as one of our family's ancestors in the middle ages. The day that it happened, I sat down to meditate and heard a horrible scream as soon as I closed my eyes and I knew something was really wrong. My aunt found her in bed and took her to the hospital, and she had a dream about it the night before too.