Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 18-05-2014, 02:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Pain Relief (Urgent)

My pain level has gone beyond 11/10
I feel sick with pain

The pain is in my left hand, wrist and bone up to the elbow. Just like to add I do have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome,

Would Comfrey Oil be of any use?

Any suggestions most gracefully accepted.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”

'In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination.'

'Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion -- several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight.'

Old 18-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Ecthalion

I suggest that you go to the A & E department of your local hospital.
Old 18-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks but no thanks! Had enough of such places and will only go if emergency!

Am using Chickweed Cream for now which eases the pain levels, have researched this and will be purchasing Comfrey Cream which will help more.

Thanks for posting.

'In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination.'

'Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion -- several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight.'

Old 07-07-2014, 02:05 PM
VisionQuest

Zyflamend , Boswellia Extract (Source Naturals) , Kratom , all will help with the pain but won't solve the problem.

This is an over use injury. Examine ALL activities and BALANCE all you do. Take up YOGA and Meditation , these may lead to a solution.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Master
HEALTHPOINT ELECTRO-ACUPUNCTURE DEVICE WORKS RAPIDLY IN MANY CASES OF PAIN. THEY GO CHEAPLY ON EBAY FROM TIME TO TIME. IVE SEEN IT REMove incapacitating pain in minutes; twice on bad backs and once on a dislocated patella.

excuse caps

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 07-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
No-thing-ness, can you generally tolerate OTC painkillers? If so, and you have no other health problems, or bad reactions to them in the past, then my advice would be to take a couple with some food, and give yourself a break.

I had Carpal tunnel in my left wrist in winter 2010-2011. It was absolute agony. The pain is felt along the nerve and not only in the wrist.
Ice packs didn't help much, but one thing that did make a slight difference was acupressure with my fingertip or blunt end of a pen in certain spots on the arm and neck. So vecta3's idea is a very good one.
This is also a good site where you might find some advice about which herbal oils could help:
http://www.blessedmaineherbs.com/chpare.html

In the meantime, if you CAN take painkillers, do it, don't suffer.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for all the suggestions! Much appreciated! I will stick with Mother Nature for now, and may look into the acupressure device.
The pain is intermittent and bareable at the moment,thankfully!

Old 19-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Experiencer
I read that magnesium helps- you could take supplement (not magnesium oxide though because it is not very absorbable) and soak in Epsom Salt bath.
Old 19-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Badger1777

Hiya No-thing-ness,

I know what CTS is but I'm struggling to remember if the pain comes from inflammation or the opposite, lack of circulation resulting in oxygen starvation in the affected tissues.

If you want to stick with nature, then the best results I've had are as follows:

For pain caused by accumulation of bad blood (injuries that result in bruising or blockages), Rosemary oil applied topically to the affected area. Rosemary oil acts as a potent anti-inflammatory by dilating the fine blood vessels allowing blood to flow better.

For pain caused by inflammation as a result of too much blood being pumped into an injury, Peppermint oil is good. Peppermint oil rapidly cools the affected tissue and causes fine blood vessels to contract, so reducing the flow of blood into the injury.

Don't use rosemary last thing at night, it will give you freaky dreams, and don't use it neat if you have any cardiac problems, as it is a mild stimulant. Equally, try peppermint mixed with veg oil on your skin before applying peppermint oil neat, as it can be quite intense in some people and can give the sensation of freezing and burning at the same time (like an ice burn).
Old 19-07-2014, 11:30 PM
Deactivated Account
Joyfirst, a delightful forum name which made me smile! Thanks for the magnesium suggestion - which I'm now taking!

Badger1777, another delightful forum name! I will give rosemary oil a try for sure, and as for not using it before sleep as it may influence the dream world into a freaky zone - I quite like that idea!

I am currently using Black Seed Oil which is giving me relief, but I will order some rosemary oil as I like experimenting! My wife says I was a wacky experimentalist herbalist in a past life because I do like to try a variety of different natural remedies.

My sciatica is unbearable at times and I'm using the Black Seed Oil for that, it gives me periods of relief but the sciatica keeps on sneaking back in.

I have some Comfrey Cream which I may try on my sciatica. Its at 11/10 these past few weeks but I know why!

Thanks to you both!

I highly recommend Slippery Elm Powder in milk(for me its rice milk as I avoid dairy)for heart burn, works wonders! Also good for burns and scalds as a few months ago my wife scalded herself with boiling soup, after putting her arm in cold water I applied bicarb and slippery elm powder which took the pain away almost instantly. And 90 minutes later their was no scarring!