Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 14-12-2011, 09:57 PM
AngelaMarie111

Hatha Yoga

I have been doing Yoga on and off for years and just picked up my practice again.

After spending years doing strenuous exercise, I found Yoga and was hooked. I'll never do that crazy cardio stuff again.

I have a regular routine that I do which includes: Sun salutations, all warrior poses, tree pose, triangle and a variety of forward bends.

I'm looking to add some new poses, any suggestions???
Old 14-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Mayflow

I took some classes once and we did the Sunrise series. I loved it. Since yoga gets so much into balance, and the Sunrise series is all frontward moves, we balance it by a different series but I don't know what the name of it was. We would lie on our backs and raise our legs up and then go into a shoulder stand and go from there to putting our feet down on the floor behind our heads. I could do that but not everyone can so you just go as far as you can stretch.
Also to just sit on the floor with legs outstretched and lean forward to try to touch your toes. Hold for a while and redo while stretching a bit further each time.

In my classes we were taught to make a sort of flow of the series of movements and I really liked that. I did well enough for the teacher to have me lead the class sometimes, and it is even a part of my screen name "Mayflow"

Tai Chi is pretty cool as well.
Old 14-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Master
I recently got re-involved with yoga through a book I learned from in the 80's ~ Richard Hittleman's Yoga 28-day exercise plan ~ I learned it quickly back then, and had practiced it faithfully for quite some time before falling by the wayside. Now I'm ready to get back into it and am on day 3 of re-learning the whole plan. I also purchased his 30-day Yoga Meditation Plan and Yoga for Health books (used, at alibris.com) for a song.

Old 15-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Master
I just checked in my books of RH's ~ his is Hatha Yoga.

Old 24-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Klementyna

Yoga Benefits:

Yoga brings flexibility in your body,
Yoga stable autonomic nervous system balance
Yoga improve the mood and the subjective well being,
yoga reduced cholesterol level.....
Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Fergal

Hatha Yoga exercise is a exercise of yoga presented by Yogi Swatmarama, a yogic sage in the 15th millennium in Native indian. This particular program of yoga is the most popular one, and it is from which several other Designs of Yoga exercise workouts started such as Power Yoga exercise workouts, Bikram Yoga exercise workouts, Ashtanga Yoga exercise workouts, and Kundalini Yoga exercise workouts.