Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 24-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Master
Big Cats

Here's one for you dream interpreters...

Lately I've been dreaming of lions of all ages and sizes, panthers and tigers. There's no fear, but a simply a sense they are part of whatever scenario is going on.

Xan

Old 24-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Master

They're just hanging out in the background observing?

lions, tigers but no bears?

Another question, what do cats represent to you?

Last edited by in progress : 24-11-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 25-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Suspended
Hiya Xan and in progress

My first impression (and it seems obvious to me) is that you are in the presence of 'powerfulness' (and all such synonyms) and you are quite comfortable with that. Maybe a 'step up' spiritually and you have made the grade.

I get 'big cat' dreams regularly...but my cats tend to be enclosed. At first. And then the wire snaps or the fence is opened. It's not that they are aggressive, but it becomes dangerous because I have no barrier. As I notice this, they notice this (hey, dream manifestation) and they walk towards the opening quite casually...

It's all very gentle and non-violent but I know once they corner me, I'm a goner. I usually wake up shortly afterwards.

Sorry to bring my dream(s) of big cats into the equation.
Old 25-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Master
well being an owner of many cats and reading galore about cats and watching a lot of stuff about cats this is what a cat respresents to me.
Independence but still loving towards it's owner.
Clever, relying on their intuition.
Stealthy and sly especially when hunting for food.
Playful whenever they feel like it of course.
Clean, cats aren't dirty by nature.
Very in tune with their owners feelings (I know your'e talking about big cats here but I think this applies to all cats of all sizes).
Able to go long distances but has a inner compass of how to get home.
Very adaptable.
Loving and aloof all in the course of a few minutes
maybe you have to look at the nature of cats to see what the dream means
Spiritlite.
Old 25-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Master
I dream about lions quite often as well Xan. If it's as if they're just a part of what's going on, I think they could represent a part of yourself. You've said there's no fear, so that's telling. Says to me that you're more than ready to accept whatever it is they are representing about yourself.

So the next step would be to focus on what they might be about - are you feeling more protective of yourself or those around you lately, do you feel more latently powerful in some way? Lions do a lot of lazing and snoozing in the sun but when driven to action, they are quite formidable.

Perhaps it's about becoming even more aware of that part of yourself, that it's there to draw on if necessary.

Old 25-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Checkers

The cats represent your animal nature(ego) and since you show no fear of them in the dream and they are a part of the scene, you aren't fighting your ego which is a good sign. You are in observance of your ego, just witnessing it.
Old 26-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Lately I've been dreaming of lions of all ages and sizes, panthers and tigers. There's no fear, but a simply a sense they are part of whatever scenario is going on.

Xan

seems like you interprted your dreams rather well yourself.

i like many others i have dreamt of them too. never any fear. it is as if i am one of them. with the panters, i can feel my hunters instinct. with lions, very relaxed feeling. and tigers, my nature of being a mother is there.
Old 26-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
my cats tend to be enclosed. At first. And then the wire snaps or the fence is opened. It's not that they are aggressive, but it becomes dangerous because I have no barrier. As I notice this, they notice this (hey, dream manifestation) and they walk towards the opening quite casually...

It's all very gentle and non-violent but I know once they corner me, I'm a goner.
Quote:
lions of all ages and sizes, panthers and tigers. There's no fear, but a simply a sense they are part of whatever scenario is going on.

I dream about house cats constantly. My own cats and others I don't recognize, of all ages like Xan mentions. I've also dreamt of big cats; a lion once, leopards and black panthers, but not lately.

I was thinking about tarot's strength card and what relation it's symbolism may have to the dream.

For me the house cats may have to do w/ ego issues if that makes any sense. I'm really not sure. I've been puzzled about the cat dreams for quite awhile. I keep gathering the house cats back into the house, trying to take care of them. Like little issues that need to be integrated, old ones and new, familiar or not recognized. The tarot card seems to be about gentle strength, spirit overcoming baser instincts, like overcoming ego. This is the sense I get about it. The only thing I've been able to come up w/.

So if they represent ego, the observing cats may indicate the ego is present but not a major player. The confined cat escaping may mean it's present, under control sometimes but gets loose and is in the driver's seat other times. I keep trying to gather mine in but they keep getting loose!

The large cats I've had in dreams played roles where they were showing me things or acting as guardians so I don't think they always represent the same thing every time they show up. Actually, I'll look up their power animal meanings in this case and it will often make sense within the context of the dream and current situation in life.
Old 26-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Suspended
Hiya in progress

That's really interesting - about the ego. It feels right. Of course, I'll need to test it out. The next time I have a big cat dream, I'll note it and see what my day was like previously.

It makes so much sense. Occasionally I'll 'blow up' and let my natural nature (is that ego - I still don't really know?) take over and have its say. But ordinarily I'm quite reserved, polite, well-mannered and very British (which could well be represented by the fact that my big cats are locked up, lol).

Talking about small/domestic cats is also synchronicity - it's in the Tree House because I don't want to derail Xan's thread.

Squatch
Old 27-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan

Parts of the inner beast(Shadow) have been tamed..........

Now this untamed part is part of whatever is going on because it has been tamed!