Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 03-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Felynx

How do you deal with it?

As an empath, everyone finds themselves in a situation where someone is miserable or upset and there's nothing you can do to help them whatsoever. Its very hard to sit there and feel their sadness and be helpless against your need and life calling to try to help them. Is there any possible way to make this easier on yourself? It happens around me every other day and my heart aches just being around these people.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Master

This may sound a bit callous, but sometimes people are going through something to learn the lessons that they are supposed to learn in this life. If you made everything right for them they would lose out on learning that particular lesson. If you helped them, you would be doing them a disservice.

Jenny Crow
Old 03-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Felynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
This may sound a bit callous, but sometimes people are going through something to learn the lessons that they are supposed to learn in this life. If you made everything right for them they would lose out on learning that particular lesson. If you helped them, you would be doing them a disservice.

Jenny Crow

That's a positive way to look at it actually. It just goes against my nature to accept that the pain in others is good for them even if I know that pain can make you a better person. Its still hard to feel them.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Master

Sad as it may seem, I'd go along with Jenny Crow's suggestion(s) that whatever we go through, everything is either a lesson to be learned, or possibly (on the acceptable side) a reward of some nature, for an act of kindness, served outside of that required of the said individual...

Of course, we might never know for sure, although I imagine that while all hardships are lessons, not all 'good' events are of an educational genre… Some may well be; what is often referred to as: ‘the icing on the cake’....

Karma has unknown ways of working, although if one keeps their slate as clean as possible, there's a good chance that life's weather will be favorable...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 03-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Administrator
As an Empath you will pick up on peoples feelings moods etc.what you need to remind yourself is.that the pain is not yours so you don't except it.the more you do this the easier it becomes,thats what I have always done you feel the pain,but you don't carry it around with you.
I look after someone at the moment and get asked by others.that know this person how can I stick it,because she is a negative person.she gets a lot of ppl down,it doesn't affect me. because I will not except her negativity,
its worth a try another way is to use protection just visualise yourself encircled in pure whit light.

Namaste
Old 04-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Ivy

Stop being so self-centred and concerning yourself with how you feel, and look for your capacity for compassion and to put others needs before your own.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:18 AM
spiritseeker123

It Is Difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
As an empath, everyone finds themselves in a situation where someone is miserable or upset and there's nothing you can do to help them whatsoever. Its very hard to sit there and feel their sadness and be helpless against your need and life calling to try to help them. Is there any possible way to make this easier on yourself? It happens around me every other day and my heart aches just being around these people.
SPIRITSEEKER123 REPLIED: My dear friend: They have been PLACED in your life so you can pray for them. Prayer is more powerful than you may think or feel as it will make a difference in how things continue to unfold. It may not be evident right away, but good things will begin to happen where things for them will get better.....and then better as you pray from the heart. You might pray something like: "Heavenly Father, I feel so helpless right now to do anything for (name) but I KNOW You can do something. Lord, please, see my heart and how it hurts for (name) right now. I am asking for You to give a healing touch to (name) right now in Your own special way. I believe You can do it and I am stepping out in faith believing that You WILL do it because You are a God of love and compassion. And I am SO SURE that You WILL DO IT that I am thanking You ahead of time and praising You for the healing touch I just KNOW You will give (name).. Thank You very much Heavenly Father for hearing this prayer from my heart. I love You for the awesome God You are and I am so very glad to know You as my Heavenly Father Who hears and answers prayers for healing and wholeness to those who are suffering! In Jesus precious and holy Name I pray! Amen" I truly hope this helps!
Old 12-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Felynx

Sorry Ivy. I wasn't trying to come off as self centered. As I said when I started the thread, its the inability to help them which upsets me. If I could help everyone then I would and this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place.
Many people have made valid points and I will keep them in mind.
Old 13-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Sorry Ivy. I wasn't trying to come off as self centered. As I said when I started the thread, its the inability to help them which upsets me. If I could help everyone then I would and this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place.

It wasn't that you came across as self-centred, you did say that you wanted to heal everyone because you believe that is your purpose in life. The fact that you are coming across people who are sad and you can't stop them from being sad, suggests that there is more for you to learn about healing.

Sometimes the desire to heal comes from your own need for their emotions to be more pleasant for you to be around and because it makes you feel good to heal another.

But as an empathy and a healer, one of the most important skills to learn is how to face, and to handle, your own unpleasant emotions and negative thoughts. In doing that, you can gain further understanding into feelings and develop compassion to allow those feelings to be there.

Sometimes healing is not to get rid of pain, but is to walk with the person and carry a little of their pain for them.
Old 13-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi,

You can not void the free choice of another divine being and help them against their will. In truth the only person you can help is yourself.

When we can be a role model for another person we are able to influence their choices.

The world will change one person at a time through what I call authentic self love.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/