Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 19-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Pendulums: bit confused?

Hello, a couple of days ago my teacher introduced me to the Pendulum, asking what my yes and no was and using it to detect blocked chakras. I thought this was fantastic.

Yesterday I decide to ask it some questions and got some interesting details regarding my spirit guide.

Today I'm not so sure. I read on here about learning to trust it and asking about what day your birthday was on a certain year. I did, checked it on a calender and it wasn't correct. second attempt also gave the wrong answer.
This evening it seems my Yes and No have now reversed. After an initial burst of excitement that I had found an amazing new tool I'm not so sure now.

Do I need to ask what the yes and no is every session? Is it normal to change?
Old 19-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Maiya

Trust your instincts and intuition. You decide what angle is yes and what angle is no. A pendulum is a tool, a simple tool that can be of use until you learn to trust your own instincts and intuition. Trust yourself. You know more than you are aware of.
Old 20-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Iseke

Just take it easy. It took me a long time to start getting to a place where I felt my pendulum was able to communicate with me, despite my initial enthusiasm. A lot of it really does have to do with trusting and not attempting (subconsciously) to block your tool because you are afraid it'll be wrong.

Just as a point of reference, when you go to ask a question (test question or otherwise), do you feel yourself tense up in anticipation of an answer you know will be wrong? Like you're sort of expecting the thing to prove to you it works? That is how I felt at times when starting and that feeling always blocked my attempts at clear communication.

It really is an intuitive, personal tool which is what makes it so great once you get the hang of it! Just have fun with it for now and once you feel comfortable with the way it communicates with you you'll have a basis for trusting its responses.
Old 20-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you Maiya & Iseke for your replies and advice.
My gut feeling was not to test it with that birthday question but my analytical side was keen for me to try.
I've just tried a healing with it and I kept a clear, clean open mind and it felt wonderful, much more in tune. I need to practice this, tuning in without my analytical mind cluttering my vision. Hopefully that is the way forward