Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Deactivated Account

If I do attract people who like to feed somehow on my emotions then I'll just simply kick them out of my life, rest assured of that. The majority of folks I attract are usually good natured.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Master
[quote=Shivani Devi] somebody acts up and makes you mad...now a 'Spiritual person' would say "look within to find out why they are making you mad and why you are reacting that way" as if, everything is your fault and so each person becomes the 'scapegoat' for the behaviour of the rest. I simply believe that I do not need to look within, because that other person is just being a total a-hole, full stop.

Hi Shivani Devi.

I have read on here recently and in the past a few times now some thing like if you get upset with people you see some thing of your self in them, I always have had a moment on reading this. I seem to get upset with people who seem hell bent on stopping my creative and spiritual mission in one way or anouther
in places where others do not.
Old 28-05-2018, 04:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
One of my general misgivings about Spirituality and the whole New Age movement is that it all seems to be superficial and hypocritical on some level...all 'rainbows' and 'pink unicorns' and 'cute kittens' and about seeing the 'positive' aspect of everything without also understanding and embracing the 'negative' as one needs to do so, to transcend both.

I agree. But a problem I also see is when a person then glorifies the 'dark' just out of rebellion against all those silly New Agers, losing their own authenticity in the process, something they proclaimed to despise.

(This was not directed at you, Shivani, just jumping off your comment.)
Old 28-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
If I do attract people who like to feed somehow on my emotions then I'll just simply kick them out of my life, rest assured of that. The majority of folks I attract are usually good natured.

Its not that people feed off us,Its some people will look at us(our profile) and be confused,others may be afraid and then there are some who may hate us like the religious extremist's..........none of these people know us but all of these emotions/energies are directed at us without us knowing,,,so we get energies of confusion,fear and hate projected at us without realising it.

This goes on in the real world too as we go about our daily life with people looking at us and judging us without knowing us so we are bombarded daily by this by our appearance and actions.
We deal with this in the real world and the same applies in the online world right here. ..people will judge us and project an Emotion/energy at us without us even knowing it.

That's only one side of it as It is also balanced out by people that know us and understand us and they send us different energies of agreement,respect,friendship,ect....which will resonate with us and makes life easier and more enjoyable.

These energies are much smaller than face to face speech or confrontation but it is good to be aware of this invisible world
Old 28-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Satanist? I don't know who gave you that idea but I have bigger concerns than worshipping a red skinned man with a pitchfork.

This reminds me that I lived with and dated a Satanist for about a year. He explained to me that Satanism isn't about worship or superstition, but rather, it is the direct mockery and defiance of organized religious dogma and its social and legal ramifications. The church of Satan's mission isn't so much about worshiping some perceived superstitious entity. Instead, they utilize the same legal rights of a registered religion in order to combat the hypocritical and dangerous policies espoused by certain religious entities that causes harm to society.

However, I imagine that there are esoteric and occult groups as well that might choose to call themselves Satanists, but I am unfamiliar with those type of ideology and have not met those type of people. Furthermore, I think you have a right to your "darkness" and brooding in negativity. That's just who you are and your experience at the moment, there's nothing that needs to be changed. You don't need to be "positive" and brimming with sweetness to be on a Spiritual path. The Spiritual path is all encompassing and non discriminatory. Everything and everyone serves a purpose including my bubbly sentimentality and your dark and brooding attitude.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 28-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I think it's about being real.....but to get to that you have to go down the spiritual path which leads to the realness.then the spiritual path is dropped and you get to start over again with the Isolation of realness....its all a bit confusing,, just when you get it,BANG!,,,somebody changed the rules again
I don't think I read the 'rule book' to begin with.

I'm confused because those who are 'not spiritual' by definition, can also be 'real'. The difference seems to be that some 'spiritual people' seem to believe that gives them carte blanche to act like heartless jerks, because others are only perceiving them acting in that way, but it is still a self-serving bias anyway.

I agree with Slayer, that there's too much inferred ambiguity, when it all seems pretty much cut and dried.

For example, a Neo-Advaitin can act like a real obnoxious a$$, but the Neo-Advaitin isn't being rude and insulting..."Oneness" is, but I tried an experiment once and abused a Neo-Advaitin who did likewise to myself and they took offense at it, so go figure.

If seen in this way, what defines one as being spiritual? because a lot of them seem to have more problems and more personal hangups than those who do not identify.
Old 28-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Master
That did nothing for me, but this, on the other hand brought out my 'silly feminine side' I like to keep under wraps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQKtgBloUw
Old 28-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I don't think I read the 'rule book' to begin with.

I'm confused because those who are 'not spiritual' by definition, can also be 'real'. The difference seems to be that some 'spiritual people' seem to believe that gives them carte blanche to act like heartless jerks, because others are only perceiving them acting in that way, but it is still a self-serving bias anyway.

I agree with Slayer, that there's too much inferred ambiguity, when it all seems pretty much cut and dried.

For example, a Neo-Advaitin can act like a real obnoxious a$$, but the Neo-Advaitin isn't being rude and insulting..."Oneness" is, but I tried an experiment once and abused a Neo-Advaitin who did likewise to myself and they took offense at it, so go figure.

If seen in this way, what defines one as being spiritual? because a lot of them seem to have more problems and more personal hangups than those who do not identify.

The Realness that I spoke about is the "knowing" that comes when you have experienced the "feeling/bliss/esctasy"of Spirit that I know you have.This Realness can't be felt by the nonspiritual and most of the Spiritual don't feel it either.I think all will feel it after death and that's why we want to come back again and try to feel it in physicality as we've being feeling it for Eons in the non physical dimension.

A lot of people like to be right and that's the problem...I am correct if I say "this" because I know from experience or books or "This is good for you to hear" because they believe they are correct...... this gives people lot's of freedom to hurt others because they really believe they are doing good.
If the intention is good but the result is hurtful and wrong,, then what was it?....I don't know.
You have to identify these people early and stay away....I think its too much of the mind and not enough of heart.

Everybody on this planet is Spiritual because everyone is a Spirit under a Human suit........Some know this,Others don't and the ones that don't know it are often nicer people than the people who do know it.
So don't expect Spiritual people to be nicer than nonspiritual and it wasn't that long ago I was a happy pleasant Atheist.
Old 28-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Ascender

Quote:
That did nothing for me, but this, on the other hand brought out my 'silly feminine side' I like to keep under wraps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQKtgBloUw

The kittens did nothing for me either,,I was having a little joke with slayer .....I like the puppy
Old 28-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Master
Oooohh...my Higher Self just chimed in. YES!

"When a person is truly being 'real', they are showing what is deep in their heart. If there is love there, they will show it and project that love. If there is hatred, bitterness and scorn, that is what they will project when being 'real'. That is how one can tell the level or vibration of that person and of course, how you perceive it is also their perception of how you perceive it".