Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Suspended
Guide

I see it as escapism when spiritual beliefs are not properly implemented to help solve problems ...
I don't think of bypassing as a negative term, I view it as a necessary tool to help others identify the reasons that are preventing their spiritual/human growth ...
If this information causes anger, then it's intent is not properly being understood/realized ...
Many people quit spiritualism or religion b/c they lack the knowledge of how to balance the two as well as how to smoothly intertwine them into their daily life ...

Excerpts from video:

Yoga, meditation, psychedelics, prayer, affirmations, deeply engaging with the present moment, etc. are all incredibly powerful spiritual tools if used appropriately.But sometimes, and if we’re not careful, those things can end up masking deeper issues lingering both inside and outside of us.

To me, spiritual bypassing is fundamentally about taking a so-called absolute truth — such as “everything is okay” — and using it to ignore or deny relative truths — such as the grief we feel when we lose a loved one, or the shame that arises when we fail at something important. On the personal and interpersonal level, sometimes everything isn’t okay. And that’s okay.

Before we can heal our pain, we have to be honest about it and accept it — which is ideally what spirituality should help realize. As Masters suggests, this is certainly easier said than done and requires a level of vulnerability which most of us are uncomfortable with.
Old 20-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really!
I see it as escapism when spiritual beliefs are not properly implemented to help solve problems ...
I don't think of bypassing as a negative term, I view it as a necessary tool to help others identify the reasons that are preventing their spiritual/human growth ...
If this information causes anger, then it's intent is not properly being understood/realized ...

Excerpts from video:

Yoga, meditation, psychedelics, prayer, affirmations, deeply engaging with the present moment, etc. are all incredibly powerful spiritual tools if used appropriately.But sometimes, and if we’re not careful, those things can end up masking deeper issues lingering both inside and outside of us.

To me, spiritual bypassing is fundamentally about taking a so-called absolute truth — such as “everything is okay” — and using it to ignore or deny relative truths — such as the grief we feel when we lose a loved one, or the shame that arises when we fail at something important. On the personal and interpersonal level, sometimes everything isn’t okay. And that’s okay.

Before we can heal our pain, we have to be honest about it and accept it — which is ideally what spirituality should help realize. As Masters suggests, this is certainly easier said than done and requires a level of vulnerability which most of us are uncomfortable with.

I agree and it's my personal opinion to leave things as I would have once seen them and not use my "spiritual vision" to view material problems.

Keeping things as negative, without addng the additional "wow I hate negative things" (the double whammy), is how I avoid using spiritual bypassing as an escape mechanism. it's like I have eliminated the additional worry without avoiding the problem, it's the best solution in my opinion.
Old 21-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Seeing everything as a spiritual journey, even the things causing suffering that can be solved, isn't a good way to ease the suffering faced in life. In fact it seems the opposite, pride leading to inaction or incorrect action.
A person operating out of a material understanding of life will struggle with the idea that the impetus behind all human experience - including suffering - is spiritual. Whereas an individual operating out of spiritual, higher-self awareness, will see, understand, embrace and nurture these connections. Pride leading to inaction or incorrect action isn't a concern; this is simply the way of the world for most, a result of their material, lower-self beliefs and activity. Rather, I concern myself with eternal wisdom and higher action born of an understanding of all reality as spirit.
Old 21-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Master
Hello,
This discussion brings some thoughts.

In regards to being obsessed, as I am interpreting, over " spiritual" matters, isn't it a question of self worth?

Meaning if someone feels " unworthy" then in my option would think he/ she would seek out things and/ or people to give them a sense of worthiness. Which to me is in a way escaping facing oneself and would think may lead to being obsessed with trying to be worthy.

I feel there is a distinction between being obsessed and being dedicated. Being aware or whatever brings one to feel a connection with Spirit/ God does not necessarily free one from this world with its struggles and beauty. It changes the perspective. Atleast this is what I experience.

I feel everything has some sort of spiritual value, but this may be based upon how one views and feels spiritual to be or not.

Still, even feeling and noticing the undercurrents or spirituality in life does not free me from having to deal with living my life and what comes along.

At times tried to hide away for awhile, but life has its way of creeping in and reminding me what needs to be done. What gets ignored for me will persist until I take steps to take care of it.

Now the above may not seem " spiritual" but then again depends how "spiritual" may be termed or not.

There is a difference between having spirituality enhance life and trying to be spiritual.
Old 21-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
A person operating out of a material understanding of life will struggle with the idea that the impetus behind all human experience - including suffering - is spiritual. Whereas an individual operating out of spiritual, higher-self awareness, will see, understand, embrace and nurture these connections. Pride leading to inaction or incorrect action isn't a concern; this is simply the way of the world for most, a result of their material, lower-self beliefs and activity. Rather, I concern myself with eternal wisdom and higher action born of an understanding of all reality as spirit.

Or have different opinions on what spiritual is and material is.