Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Master
Are you interested in History?

Are you much of a history buff? Do you think there are great lessons to be learned from history?

I'm particularly interested in military history and in world history.

Details don't bother me so much as getting a good idea of the broader picture.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Are you much of a history buff? Do you think there are great lessons to be learned from history?

What ticks me off about history is that how it changes, for example there were many inventions that were accredited to Caucasians instead of Negroids because Negroids weren't considered worthy of credit. It depends on the history, but yes I am interested in history, what country are you from Honza if not too personal?
Old 18-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Blaze

I like history, but I don't believe it as I read it.
Old 18-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Master
I usually take history with a grain of salt, everyones a hero, everyones a demon, like, i wasn't there, so what to believe ?.
Old 18-04-2011, 04:37 AM
nightowl

Quote:

Yes I like history. It is and has been very important in the development of the world. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I don't remember who said that but there is much truth in it. In military history it is even more important to learn from previous encounters as not to repeat former mistakes. History is often written from the perspective of the winners or conquerors. History will too often prove out the actions of a person once history progresses whether it be right or wrong. Just a few thought on the matter.

nightowl
Old 18-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
what country are you from Honza if not too personal?

I'm Czech born, living in England.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-04-2011, 05:44 AM
themaster

No, not really.. it is great stuff to study human nature.. and how we keep repeating the same mistakes.. how we keep doing the same "mean" stuff to one another.. I think it is a high irony that those that study history can't see how we consistently repeat ourselves.. over and over again..

Besides for which most of history is likely fake.. it is written in the "eye of the beholder" the victor.. I think if we were to compare this worlds real history vs. what is available in the akash.. we would find our world's history very distorted..

And on top of that.. scientists or normal historians are clueless.. past 10,000 years ago.. they just think we were primitive apes or some ****.. When whole volumes of human on goings cities/civilizations are missing..

I also find it funny when scientists/creator gods/paleontologists whatever.. fire up their imaginations and then "state as absolute fact to the world" that the brontosaurus ate this bush and likely lived in caves.. I think there is more imagination (or conjectured guess) than truth of what really happened.. really that science might well be called "imaginative best guess science" not science fact..
Old 18-04-2011, 08:03 AM
bbr

I enjoy modern history, and I love reading books that speculate on our spiritual history and origins.
Old 18-04-2011, 09:29 AM
New Rage Guru

Most of our history was lost when the Library of Alexandria was destroyed by Theophilus, Bishop of Alexandria, who ordered the destruction of the Serapeum, part of the Ancient Library of Alexandria, in 391 to help build the belief in a 5000 year old Man God creating us. Bye Bye History...
The bible was regarded as historical for 2000 years...some think it still is.
Old 18-04-2011, 09:29 AM
thewordofgod

Quote:

No one learns the truth from history but they learn how to do the things God commanded them not to do.