Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I agree on your point about jesus ( thats half of my thread actualy).

And I dont find it ironic at all SHim, i talked about this. But simply, its becaue buddha and ghandi dont say " my way or the highway"

Yes, none of them declared themselves the Son of God. And none of them declared His authority. One would expect that if Jesus Christ had been educated with eastern teachings that His teachings would be influenced by it. But they haven't been, as those who have suggested that Jesus Christ went to India, or that reincarnation exists in the Bible, ect.

Jesus says many things, and I won't dive into the scriptures, but I find His teaching to be true and correct, one can not have many masters. Look how confusing and useless the New age or Postmodernist teachings are.

Ok folks pick what works best for you, stealing is how I make my living so I won't say that it is a sin. Oh killing though is definitely a sin. I don't like that because my lifestyle would have to change, and I would much rather pick something where I don't have to change.... sexual immorality is a sin throughout all the major religions, but I don't like that because I love to fornicate so I'll just reject it.....
Old 18-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Time

None of them declared themselves as such becasue that is not their teachings. That doesnt make them any less or more profound than any other religion.

And, most of the cathoic faith is a rehash of most religions around at the time, in that region ( which im sorry to say, is the middle east, they had more then enough trade and access to india and there fore some slight eastern influence, no matter how sublte). To be fair too, i NEVER said any religion is wrong, only what we do with them.

AND fyi... its a sin to eat seafood that doesnt have scales, so all kelp, seaweed /sea plants, crustacians ( shrimp lobster and crabs and crawfish), sharks, oh and rice is an aquatic plants ( its spends more then half its life in water)..... that doesnt stop every christian/catholic from going to red lobster and eating 10 pounds of crab leg
Old 18-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Shim

Quote:
None of them declared themselves as such becasue that is not their teachings. That doesnt make them any less or more profound than any other religion.

And, most of the cathoic faith is a rehash of most religions around at the time, in that region ( which im sorry to say, is the middle east, they had more then enough trade and access to india and there fore some slight eastern influence, no matter how sublte). To be fair too, i NEVER said any religion is wrong, only what we do with them.

AND fyi... its a sin to eat seafood that doesnt have scales, so all kelp, seaweed /sea plants, crustacians ( shrimp lobster and crabs and crawfish), sharks, oh and rice is an aquatic plants ( its spends more then half its life in water)..... that doesnt stop every christian/catholic from going to red lobster and eating 10 pounds of crab leg

The food laws are discussed in the New Testament, but there are some who won't eat foods that are not kosher or people like me who when leaving the table to wash up, if someone even pops the cork to a bottle of wine, I won't drink any, in that I am wary of those who have toasted it to an idol ;)
Old 18-04-2011, 04:16 AM
Time

Actualy, its levictus that states seafood as "and abomination unto they lord".

Theres no real way around it shim.... the bible states it as an abimination, yet almsot all catholics/christans dont even know or care, becasue as you put it " they like it". You cant cherry pick rules int he bible... either you follow all of them, or dont follow any of them, other wise its hard to really say your faithful to the book in question
Old 18-04-2011, 04:20 AM
Master
But isn't that an OT portion of the bible that says that, even if it's also NT, it was a preventative, like pork but modern times we know if we cook it a certain length of time will protect one from medical difficulties. I thought there was nothing but practical reasonings behind the not eating of certain things...?

Old 18-04-2011, 04:20 AM
Shim

Quote:
Actualy, its levictus that states seafood as "and abomination unto they lord".

Theres no real way around it shim.... the bible states it as an abimination, yet almsot all catholics/christans dont even know or care, becasue as you put it " they like it". You cant cherry pick rules int he bible... either you follow all of them, or dont follow any of them, other wise its hard to really say your faithful to the book in question

Food laws are discussed in the New Testament.... But in regards to the old here's a great article to think about. How can modern medicine relate to the old testament And if I am right some of the disciples wouldn't even eat with the gentiles as their was a partition or a wall existing between them. That is, if I'm remembering correctly.
Old 18-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
And we're all a monkey's uncle (or aunt)!

exactly! we're just little over engineered primates. how confusing it is to be so self aware and not know what to do with it all. it's no wonder we're screwed up. poor things! lol **sigh**
Old 18-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
But isn't that an OT portion of the bible that says that, even if it's also NT, it was a preventative, like pork but modern times we know if we cook it a certain length of time will protect one from medical difficulties. I thought there was nothing but practical reasonings behind the not eating of certain things...?

What about influenza and swine flu?
Old 18-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Time

Shim there is no way around it. You cant even blame it on the "covanent" rule, levictus was after the exodus. The bible clearly states shellfish as unclean and an abomination.. No rule after that can really counteract it...

Slivergirl... Most of them are based on "gods" ruels for unclean animals...

Levictus again

"
And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. ... "

IN other words... BECAUSE GOD TOLD MOSES TO TELL THE PEOPLE ITS SO
Old 18-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Master
Mad cow? It applies now but may not have applied then...so people get swine flu from eating it (influenza?) I thought it was just breathing in or handling being around the oinkers that you get the swine flu from?

Closed Thread