Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-04-2011, 02:27 AM
Mountain-Goat

Well done for being compassionate about others deztini3, that you have shared this vital information.

However, "removing beliefs" is a major topic on this forum, and I suspect all over the world.
But it certainly helps to keep talking about it.
I have been on my challenging my beliefs journey for quite a few years now, and I agree with the importance of these ideas you speak of.

Curious of your statement that you obtained this information yourself...what does that mean?
Old 14-04-2011, 03:17 AM
'The Biology of Belief'? I loaned that book before I read it -
Tell us more.
Have you posted this on the Christian site?
Or sent any PMs to some people here?
I'll give you a list of possibles.

Hey, I kid because I love...
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
'The Biology of Belief'? I loaned that book before I read it -
Tell us more.
Have you posted this on the Christian site?
Or sent any PMs to some people here?
I'll give you a list of possibles.

Hey, I kid because I love...
Miss Hepburn

Some Christians openly discuss on these forums why the sun is a couple of thousand kilometers from earth, so no.
Old 14-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Well done for being compassionate about others deztini3, that you have shared this vital information.

However, "removing beliefs" is a major topic on this forum, and I suspect all over the world.
But it certainly helps to keep talking about it.
I have been on my challenging my beliefs journey for quite a few years now, and I agree with the importance of these ideas you speak of.

Curious of your statement that you obtained this information yourself...what does that mean?

It means exactly how its written. I obtained this information myself, a few weeks ago. And now i´d like to share this memorized information with others, so that they can contemplate its means themselves.
Old 14-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Mind's Eye

I'm sure that I buy this information altogether. I was very deeply immersed in the traditional, christian faith since I was a small child. I believed it, read about it, preached it at people etc.. It was as much a part of me as my arms and legs.

Then overnight, I changed to completely different path. A path I once viewed as threatening and even possibly from Satan himself. Others have done this as well. How do we explain that brainwise?
Old 14-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx
I'm sure that I buy this information altogether. I was very deeply immersed in the traditional, christian faith since I was a small child. I believed it, read about it, preached it at people etc.. It was as much a part of me as my arms and legs.

Then overnight, I changed to completely different path. A path I once viewed as threatening and even possibly from Satan himself. Others have done this as well. How do we explain that brainwise?

I believe that everyone is capable of what you experienced. What affected you so much that you decided to change? What happened inside your mind?
Old 15-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deztini3
It means exactly how its written. I obtained this information myself, a few weeks ago. And now i´d like to share this memorized information with others, so that they can contemplate its means themselves.

~smiles~ Well, I still don't understand.
If you said, " I obtained this information, and now I share it with others", I understand what that means.
What I don't understand is you saying, "I obtained this information myself, and now I share it with others."

I don't understand the usage of the emphasis of "myself".
Well, to me, it seems like there is emphasis of "myself".
You may have not intended to emphasis anything and I'm simply reading it incorrectly.
Please clarify if you so choose to.

But now I see the same thing happening with your usage of "memorized information."

Please understand deztini3, I'm not inferring anything..I simply don't understand your word usage.
Old 15-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
~smiles~ Well, I still don't understand.
If you said, " I obtained this information, and now I share it with others", I understand what that means.
What I don't understand is you saying, "I obtained this information myself, and now I share it with others."

I don't understand the usage of the emphasis of "myself".
Well, to me, it seems like there is emphasis of "myself".
You may have not intended to emphasis anything and I'm simply reading it incorrectly.
Please clarify if you so choose to.

But now I see the same thing happening with your usage of "memorized information."

Please understand deztini3, I'm not inferring anything..I simply don't understand your word usage.

Well. I´m sorry for my grammatical errors general dictionary. I´m just not a native english speaker.
Old 15-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
I believe that everyone is capable of what you experienced. What affected you so much that you decided to change? What happened inside your mind?

It is as quantum physics has said; you can't have a universe without mind entering into it. The Kybalion states that THE ALL IS MIND; the universe is mental. So none of this is really surprising when it comes to discoveries of the mind.

Scientists also tell us that the brain is not the mind, but rather the machine that the mind operates. This can be seen when someone sustains a head injury and the brain is damaged. The injured person's thoughts can be crystal clear, but getting the body and vocal chords to do what they desire may not be attainable. Hence the the brain is the computer that runs the physical body systems; but mind can be in tact when the brain is not working properly.

Of course some scientists who are hell bent to try to disprove anything spiritual, (as the mind of atheism usually is,) Will try to tell us that the brain is the mind... but this is incorrect. And this is why we have so much dishonest science in our modern age, because many are trying to prove their opinion rather than just find the facts.
Old 15-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

The right hemisphere is the hemisphere that retrieves new information and proposes the new information to the left hemisphere, which will then review the information and collect all information that matches with current logical understanding of things. Heres the important part. If you have constructed strong beliefs about something, theres little possibility that you will look seriously at new information that might contradict your current beliefs. Not only do you refuse new ideas, if you have established a strong belief, and understanding system. You will perceive contradicting information as a threat. A threat identical to how humans act when they feel as if their lives may be in danger, or their reputation. A desperate, defensive act. Non logical.

This makes sense to me, though I might not attribute it exclusively to brain function. I would attribute it more to the mind, as the Sphinx specified.

Our beliefs define who we are. Our identity is based on our beliefs. If something comes along and challenges our beliefs, it thus challenges our identity. Our identity is the basis for self-definition, for self-recognition, therefore if our identity can be deconstructed by something that counters our belief, the identity is threatened. If the very construct used for self-recognition- the identity- becomes invalidated, we become invalidated. The death of the identity seems equivalent to the death of the self. If we find we can no longer check off the boxes that confirm who we are, then are we no longer who we are?

No wonder the ego plays self defense. If the belief system is threatened, the identity is threatened, the way of identifying who we are is threatened, thus who we are is threatened.