Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2011, 05:02 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
And I was merely pointing out the contradiction/hipocracy of you saying " do get away form the polluting computers"
You're twisting that around now to suit your argument IMO. The point is that people love to talk the talk, but don't care to walk the walk. That's all he was pointing out. If Tzu came on here and railed against electronic pollution while typing his comments using a computer, then he'd be a hypocrite. But he doesn't do that. Seems simple and straighforward to me.

Quote:
IF we did we wouldnt throw away 40% of our food every year. We wouldnt toaly wipe out entire species from the face of the earth. We wouldnt try to munipulate the weather, we wouldnt burn whole forests for food, we wouldnt kill eachother for commodities and or land and beliefs systems, we wouldnt garden with synthetic, and harmful products, we wouldnt treat animals like ****,m and we wouldnt even be arguing if its a problem or not. Almost everything we have done, is harmful to the planet
Who is this we person you're referring to? Again, talking in generalizations accomplishes nothing. Nor does ranting about all this and pointing fingers. So YOU stop throwing away your food. Make sure YOU don't contribute to the slaughter of animals. YOU be mindful of nature. YOU stop purchasing synthetic consumer products. That's the answer. And if you don't agree, then present a logical, practical alternative.
Old 20-04-2011, 05:16 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
IQ, so its ok for me to say my feelings, which arent to far from yours, and yet you cant? I dont think so. That sort of feelings is exactly what my thread is about. Speak your mind, dont let people tell you other wise, its MY thread, and I welcomed your opinion. Never let anyone say other wise dude ( dude is general to me, not male only btw..)

Tzu - First off, IQ posted that NOT me. Second, i agree with her.

And I was merely pointing out the contradiction/hipocracy of you saying " do get away form the polluting computers", on a computer, which you use quite often, becasue you are on here often.... Thats all, its more contradictory what you did to her, which i belive is why she seemed to have taken offence...

And when I ask you a question like " what do you do to help", its is about you, because im asking for you opinion. Comments like that make me assume your being hypocritical in that aspect. Practice what you preach please.

And i obviously liek the way i percieve nature, other wise I wouldnt talk about it. You cant generalize everything like you have. While i have thought on that before ( if everything we do is natural), i have come to the conclusion which i stated in my last post. Our freedom of choice is what can make things natural and unatrual. Just because we make things FROM natural things doesnt make it natural. Natural is found in other life or nature. Can you name me 5 species other then humans/apes that destroy entire ecosystems for " the benefit of their own species?"

Tzu, the whole concept of our society is proof of our seperation from nature. IF we did we wouldnt throw away 40% of our food every year. We wouldnt toaly wipe out entire species from the face of the earth. We wouldnt try to munipulate the weather, we wouldnt burn whole forests for food, we wouldnt kill eachother for commodities and or land and beliefs systems, we wouldnt garden with synthetic, and harmful products, we wouldnt treat animals like ****,m and we wouldnt even be arguing if its a problem or not. Almost everything we have done, is harmful to the planet, and inevitably us..... Nothing in nature has any of these concepts, or concept of time, or vegan, or god, or gay, or right or wrong..... The very fact we think of right or wrong, is evidence of our seperation from nature. Thinking to the contrary contradicts every major religion in practice, from buddhism, to christianity. Yet "were gods chosen ones" so we can do what we want right?

"It's not a 'right', it's an obligation, clarity leaves no room for doubt.. so, speaking of inconsistencies, how dare you condemn the whole human race, then project your self-righteousness onto me for pointing out inconsistencies.."

I dont mean this disrespecfuly, but who made you judge and jury? Of course its ourobligation to help one another, but the whole "mightier then thou" attitude is the wrong way about it. Its more then abotu what youthink in this. I have never stated that I am right or wrong, and have never said what i said i the right way, only my opinion. And i have the right to defend " my self rightiousness" because this thread is my opinion, not self rightious. I never said What i said is the right way, i never even said religion was the wrong way. What I said is anything self rightious, its my veiw on humanity, with lots of actual evidence to back it up ( thats up to you to research ) Please dont call other people self rightious, becasue im sure im not the only one here that thinks the contrary. IMO your the one with the self ritious attidude here. Im defending my opinion, your speaking your own, over everyone elses here, which is selfish, and belign extremely jugemental.

"What is your point, i see that you are posting your 'choices', freely.. there's plenty of room, Time, you just don't like the 'room' i have"

Personaly I dont think you have much room, or any idea how to fill it. Practice what you preach friend, before you make statements as such.

"uote:
"except those that feel compelled to pass judgment on humanity"

Thats your decision, dont condemn others for choices that dont always cause harm...

Your condemnation of the human species, that you 'would let them die out' if you were 'in charge' ('God'?), and then this? "

No, dont put words in my mouth. We know the world would be better off without us, there arent to many who argue the other wise ( at least at this point) But i never said, or as far as ima ware even incinuated that i wish for humans to " die", and then start to flat out jugdge every single person. I have to say all of humanity, because what is wrong with the world is humanity, and what we have choosen to make humanity be. Just because your either disagree, or fail to even read or understand what im talking about, doesnt mean im being judge and jury. I didnt speak in absolutes, i didnt say anything rash like " humans should be wiped from the face of the earth", or " were an abomination" and im most respects, i didnt even say humanity as a whole, "we" or " them" or " they" can be used in the contet of that certain paragraph unless otherwise stated. Im not t alking about humanity as a whole, unless i state " we humans....", " humanity as a whole" etc.

And of course you only heed what " you favor", you can tell in your speech. My veiw and information tends to change, becaue i seek information left right and center, and constatnly learn more things. My comment made the point. If you choose not to see it thats your choice. I try not to be induvidual either, because thats cherry picking.

You can be a very wise person, i just wish you had more room in your head for other peoples veiws, and be less judgemental to an induvidual ( yes, dont try to point out the fact that im being "judgemental" because I am not, your words always lead me to this conclusion
Wow!! this makes me sad.. i've misquoted someone, passionately.. and, i'm judged accordingly.. that's what happens when you're a 'human'..

Be well..
Old 20-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Time

BBR, thats the thing, in that respect i am.....

I dont drive, i dont even have a lisence.
I walk or bike
I grow my own food
I recycles my butt off
I helo my neighbors
I clean up my neighborhood
Despite what you may thing i respect other people opinions
I dont own very much stuff
I reuse what I can
I grow plants to help the enviroment, and give them away
I give people trouble when they liter or dont recycle.
I ve stolen bags of leaves form peoples trash, as well as good "garbage"
I compst everything,

Tzu, BBr, what do you guys do? Which was my point, Tzu totaly chose not to answer..... Now I ask you..

"You're twisting that around now to suit your argument IMO. The point is that people love to talk the talk, but don't care to walk the walk. That's all he was pointing out. If Tzu came on here and railed against electronic pollution while typing his comments using a computer, then he'd be a hypocrite. But he doesn't do that. Seems simple and straighforward to me."

Oh I got the point, and i agree, him doing that doesnt make me doing the same thing justifiable, but then the point shouldnt have been made my tzu at all. In that instance i didnt call him a hy[pocrite, only his statement was hypocritical. And as i stated, the statement shouldnt have been made at all. Only a cheap personal jab at one person.

WHich leads me to this point. "we" in that case is humanity. It is one thing to say humanity, becasue weve blamed induviduals for thousands of years, and have accomplished nothing. So the only logical thing to do, is blame the whole thing:LSociety, which is people.

Im, not pointing fingers at all everything i stated was fact TBH, coroberated by lots of reading, and interpretation. Denying what is wrong isnt going to get us anywhere, which is the whole point of my original post. We wont blame ourselves at all. And BTW, it takes much more courage to goa gains the grain and blame humanity as a whole, then it is to assume, and judge an induvidual, and or a small groud of induviduals.

Btw....everytime you go to the grocery store, by cloths from the store, go by lumber, go get anything you havnt made yourself you are contributing to the cruel slaughter of animals, slavery, deforestation/destruction of nature...... Of course at this point in time it would very very very difficult to NOT contribure to this in some way, but many of us dont even try. If I was the only one saying this i can see your and Tzus point, but Im not. You two were the only ones making a "light and fuzzy bunnies" approatch to humanity.

Ive posted on here what I would do, and have never claimed to know the problems or the answers to any problem, just my opinion on what I see, and what i would do.... I obviously think my opinion has some truth to it, but let me be clear, i would never under any circumstances think that it is absolute or perfect, becasue i have NEVER claimed anything to that like
Old 20-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Time

Tzu - Dont even be sarcastic please. A comment like that only proves my points.... So please, if you have nothing constructive ( yes you can disagree all you want, i wouldnt want it other wise) to add, or are only going to rip peoples opinions apart, and act hurt an innocent when someone makes a point on your mistake, please refrain from posting on this thread.
Old 20-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Master
Thread is temporarily closed until everyone can calm down.

Closed Thread