Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Knower

questions about dimensions?

Sorry in advance if this is placed in the wrong place. If anyone would like to move it to where it belongs, feel free to do so. I was reading an article about dimensions, and it said that we're all basically in different ones depending on how awake we are, I guess. But didn't we all enter into the 4th dimension during the December 21 shift or am I wrong? How can we all be in different dimensions? When I hear dimension, I think of another place not here on earth? Can anyone explain this to me? Please and thank you.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Master
Hi lc. One place to read about dimensions, and the human soul shifting dimensions, is in Rosicrucian writings. Plenty of reading material online at sacred-texts.com. Those dimensional shifts are thought to take place between lifetimes as I understand it. But I can't say I've ever heard of the human race shifting together all at once; that's new to me.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Master
lostchild--

In my way of understanding, a dimension is just a "space" that contains consciousness of a like vibrational frequency. We, in 3D, are probably the slowest (in vibrational speed), although nothing is for sure!

The greater part of you, your consciousness, is not here in this dimension. Your vibration as a physical being changes. When you raise your vibration toward your greater natural vibrational frequency, you will have the ability to enter other dimensions of like vibrational frequency. Many can do it through meditation or out of body experiences. Some just experience information from other dimensions while waking. Maybe we all do but just don't recognize it as such.

No one really knows how they exist--where they are. I like the string theory idea that they exist in virtually the same space as we do.

I used to visualize them as concentric circles but I am not convinced that's right. I see it more like if you twisted and twisted a balloon (that wouldn't break). There would be pockets that would separate out. Some would go inside of others. The more you twisted, the higher the energy in each of the pockets.

That to me is an analogy I can understand. So we may be 3D in a pocket that has other pockets twisted within it.

The going to the 4th dimension on December 21st thing was, IMO, a misreading of Mayan calendar. If we were in a different dimension, we would know it.

Hope this helps.

Lora
Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi lc. One place to read about dimensions, and the human soul shifting dimensions, is in Rosicrucian writings. Plenty of reading material online at sacred-texts.com. Those dimensional shifts are thought to take place between lifetimes as I understand it.

But I can't say I've ever heard of the human race shifting together all at once; that's new to me.

What Baile says about the shifting and lifetimes is basic to resolve the conflict. Most answers will talk about it in some way. Regarding the shift I would be very surprised if others thought we did not move together. History and time shows we do. We tend to all be the same. Not arguing Baile, this is just not new to me. Interested what others feel.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Regarding the shift I would be very surprised if others thought we did not move in the same manner. History and time have show we do. We tend to all be the same.
I didn't say no to that idea, it just never dawned on me. But it makes some sense. Cool to contemplate for sure.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I didn't say no to that idea, it just never dawned on me. But it makes some sense. Cool to contemplate for sure.

I apologize, I was just being emotional This is just so basic to me. If I needed to reexamine I would. I mean I've held both ideas. I did amend the post to clarify so hope we're both talking about the same thing. Apologies
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostchild88
I was reading an article about dimensions, and it said that we're all basically in different ones depending on how awake we are, I guess..

This makes very much sense to me. I believe everything basically is one dimensional and the dimensional states in the multidimensional idea is just an illusion for our own benefit. I describe the world as consisting of silence (zero) and noise (one) and that life is created in the silence and experienced in the noise. So the experience of life is basically a reflection of ourselves in the one dimensional like a thought reflecting itself in its own memory, so if you perceive yourself as existing three dimensional then that will become your reflection. Others might exist on another dimensional reflection within a space shared with you, yet if you perceive your world as three dimensional then that will probably also be how you perceive them.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I apologize, I was just being emotional This is just so basic to me. If I needed to reexamine I would. I mean I've held both ideas. I did amend the post to clarify so hope we're both talking about the same thing. Apologies
I didn't take it as anything but a very cool insight, lemex. No need to apologize, but thanks.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
lostchild--

In my way of understanding, a dimension is just a "space" that contains consciousness of a like vibrational frequency. We, in 3D, are probably the slowest (in vibrational speed), although nothing is for sure!

The greater part of you, your consciousness, is not here in this dimension. Your vibration as a physical being changes. When you raise your vibration toward your greater natural vibrational frequency, you will have the ability to enter other dimensions of like vibrational frequency. Many can do it through meditation or out of body experiences. Some just experience information from other dimensions while waking. Maybe we all do but just don't recognize it as such.

No one really knows how they exist--where they are. I like the string theory idea that they exist in virtually the same space as we do.

I used to visualize them as concentric circles but I am not convinced that's right. I see it more like if you twisted and twisted a balloon (that wouldn't break). There would be pockets that would separate out. Some would go inside of others. The more you twisted, the higher the energy in each of the pockets.

That to me is an analogy I can understand. So we may be 3D in a pocket that has other pockets twisted within it.

The going to the 4th dimension on December 21st thing was, IMO, a misreading of Mayan calendar. If we were in a different dimension, we would know it.

Hope this helps.

Lora

Yep, that's about how I understand it. The analogy I like to use is the rainbow, all the dimensions together are like white light and we can perceive only one particular colour. There's a pretty good explanation at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA
Old 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Yep, that's about how I understand it. The analogy I like to use is the rainbow, all the dimensions together are like white light and we can perceive only one particular colour. There's a pretty good explanation at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

Yea, Greenslade, that Flatlander video has been around for a while. But for me, thinking in those terms of dimensions (1D, 2D, 3D) is more mind-blowing than just thinking of areas of like vibrational frequencies. I've really never been sure that that scientific definition of even 3D was ..correct somehow. I'm not sure how but it still doesn't seem to capture "here" for me! But that's just me.

I like the balloon analogy because from the inside of the balloon, I can imagine us as the energy strings inside. Each end is attached to the inside of the "balloon" (membrane in string theory). Then, with each interaction with other energy strings we have, through building our bodies, interacting with consciousnesses, their strings get wound into ours causing twists in our string. That pulls the inside of the balloon in and raises the vibration of our own string --and the inside of the balloon. Each string is wound with tons of other strings so that eventually the strings make up an almost solid fabric inside the balloon with connections to virtually every other sting in that part of the balloon.

I think this is the place where current physics and spirituality will eventually intersect--hopefully.

In terms of waves and their frequency I can see it. We are a vibrational wave of infinite possibilities. When you look at one point on a wave from 3d, then it becomes a particle (or a life in our terms). But from higher dimensions (or dimensions that have the capability of encompassing other dimensions) that wave still has infinite possibilities. Our past lives are just those places that have slowed down enough to become particles. I see that like twisting a rubber band. Those loops that eventually form off of the main band--are the lives. So, they remain part of our "string" but are just in slowed loops off from it.

[And those loops are the balloon parts that twist in or out.]

Stop me!!--I'm geeking out here!! I really get into this stuff, especially since it seems to be so close to explaining what we all experience (or some) on this site.

Lora