Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Master

Hopefully you are not hurting yourself by punching things. Releasing anger is a good thing, as long as you are not hurting yourself or anyone else. Punching pillows would be a solution. We all get angry, it is just how we are made LOL, and anger is just an emotion. So, maybe you need to releasel the anger to get to the emotion underneath - which, if you probably haven't guessed it yet, is fear. If you can find the fear, then you can do something constructive about it, but first you have to find out what it is you are fearing.

I have found that my strengths lie behind the fear, and moving through the fear, what is on the other side of that is so worth it.

Fears can be put in place by parents, by religions, by your ego. Your ego will keep you nice and safe and put up protections so you will not encounter that fear again. However, it really is not helpful if you want to get rid of that fear and get beyond it. Then you have to really face the fear and what it is telling you and decide how you want to conquer it.

It is okay if you are not ready for that either. But the earlier in life you can face your fears (and for me, they were are based on lies of some sort that I was telling myself, the fears did not hide some terrible "truth", but that is what it felt like until I faced the fear) the better life gets, and it keeps on getting better the more you face.

So, be easy on yourself. Emotions are really difficult to face, but they are how we get through this life and they can become your friends LOL! For, really aren't we all here to get to the joy of life?? And That is what is beyond those fears.

But you might want to do them one at a time and start with something small, to get a sense of how it all works. There are many ways to get through fear, but the work is to find them first.

If I haven't mentioned it (and I think I did mention Ask and It is Given) there is a wonderful process in that book called, Writing up the emotional scale. So, what you do is open a word document and vent, and vent and vent and let out all of the things you could possible think about what you are angry about. Write for as many pages as you want to, as you need to. Then take a deep breath, and relax and just chilll for a minute. Then see if you can think a little better thought about whatever the subject is. And write about that for a while. And then a little better thought and write about that for awhile. And keep doing this. Things will occur to you that you had never thought about before on that subject. Learn about the emotional scale. If you want, I can send it to you via PM. On one end is Joy and the other is Fear. I can't remember them in any particular order. But the goal is to keep writing until you get to Joy about that subject. Or at least, a peace about that subject. Realizations will happen. You may need to research what the subject is (I did a google search on my subject and after reading 3 articles, found my answer - google is wonderful).

So, don't "beat yourself up" about it!!! Find out what it is. Ask the Sky for help if you don't know what it is, and start writing about the first thing that pops into your head.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and P.S. Don't read what you have written. When you are done, delete it. You will feel better instantly!

Light.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:45 PM
LotusRise

I've thought about it too, I think it's all in how you perceive the movies. I love horror movies because I'm a huge fan of how they are made. I also love good psychological thrillers. Good horror-suspense is just masterful cinema, IMO. And if I find myself a little freaked out and looking behind my back after? I think, "That was a damn good movie, to have this effect."

I guess my mind just keeps it very separate that way. Sure some of those things could really happen to people. That's what's scary about it. But I could also choke to death, should I stop eating? I could die in a plane crash. Should I avoid planes forever?

Just full awareness that it's cinema, and cinema is art. *shrug* And yet, while I'm watching it, I get totally into it.
Old 14-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Knower

I continue to do heart chakra work everyday, along with the other chakras, but also every Tuesday and Thursday for an extended second session. This is combined with watching the sad videos that I referenced previously. I usually end up feeling happy as opposed to sad immediately after the crying, which I guess answers my question. It is very cathartic.

Thank you for all of the replies!
Old 15-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Master
Especially for those who are awaken , ( YES )
a big giant YES, it affect our vibrations .
Old 15-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Master
Color

I've decided to watch only the BBC TV channels, with uplifting content...

Adverts make me feel ill spiritually...

I must be getting more sensitive...

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]