Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 10-02-2013, 03:02 AM
michael55

Bunny

Yeah. I'm definitely not a fan of diet pop.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
My mum used to make that many many moons ago! I lived on it when I played in the woods like a wild thing all day. No, the sugar didn't rot my teeth, and didn't make me fat, or give any of us any more hyperactivity than we liked having as happy kids playing in the woods.
That really sounds nice Tobi, I can't wait to try this stuff lol.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:39 AM
StephenK

I had a friend that I worked with who was killed by a diet Pepsi... we were working on a roof on a hot day, we stopped for a break, he downed the soda, within 10 minutes he was dead.
Drink it at your own risk... this garbage should be illegal

Click-on and read each link below... and if you still drink another diet soda then at least you know what the harm is that you're doing to your body...

Sudden Cardiac Death
http://www.livestrong.com/article/301459-the-health-risks-of-diet-pop/
As reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 460,000 people die each year from sudden cardiac death. Sudden cardiac death has been noted as a potential health risk, especially in athletic youth who eat junk food that has monosodium glutamate and drink soda containing aspartame. The research shows that young athletes who consume these products and are depleted of magnesium levels and exercise in extreme heat conditions are at a higher risk of heart failure, because the aspartame further depletes their magnesium levels.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/The_side_effects_of_diet_coke
When the temperature of Aspartame exceeds 86 degrees F, the wood alcohol in Aspartame coverts to Formaldehyde and then to Formic Acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. (Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of Fire Ants.) The Methanol toxicity mimics Multiple Sclerosis; thus, people were being diagnosed with having Multiple Sclerosis in error. The Multiple Sclerosis is not a death sentence, where Methanol toxicity is.

http://suite101.com/article/diet-sodas-and-cancer-a33215
Each diet soda with aspartame produces about 20 mg of methanol. The methanol breaks down further into 6 mg of formaldehyde which is three times the daily EPA limit. It’s 30 times the limit in New Jersey, 100 times the limit in California, and 300 times the limit in Maryland.

The Shocking Story of How Aspartame Became Legal
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/02/the-shocking-story-of-how-aspartame-became-legal-2-2559198.html
Old 11-02-2013, 05:48 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
By the by, I have made a lot of healthy changes to my diet over the years as I am aging but if diet soda is going to be the end of me then so be it. I will not give it up.
I made a lot of healthy changes to my own diet as well... and diet soda (which isn't weight reducing at all!) was the "first" thing that I gave up cause it clearly was among the worst of my habits... I'm hoping over this last year that you've insightfully revisited this decision...
Old 11-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Master
soda is infused/impregnated, or whatever, with carbon dioxide which is a rapid acting blood acidifier that the body is constantly trying to purge itself of. because its in liquid form it gets into the body quickly.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 11-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Master
It really is difficult to understand why anyone would be drinking artificial anything at this point -- let's just take a can full of chemicals and dump them down our throat why don't we? Same applies to coffee, caffeine teas, sugar, etc. None of it is good for us, it's mostly all bad. Why do any of it? Drink water and herbal tea, and juice some fruit if you want a sweet treat.

Last edited by Baile : 11-02-2013 at 04:09 PM.