Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 27-05-2013, 06:23 PM
tigereye

Larimar

A few years ago on a family holiday to the Dominican Republic, I lost a silver ring of mine to the sea. I went into a local jewellers, since my mother wanted a new pair of earrings, though I didn't think I would be able to find a replacement for my lost ring.
I was wrong, and came out with a gorgeous silver ring, spiralling around a gorgeous light blue piece of larimar. The stone is around 1/4" across and round, and has tiny swirls of a darker blue closer to the edge, and a slightly greenish spot towards the middle.
It felt a bit like the sea had taken my ring and in return, given me a piece of itself in that stone. I've worn it almost every day since, along with my three other silver rings (one without stones, one with a light-coloured opal and one with marcasite).

Thing is, I like to have an idea of the properties of the stones I both own and wear, but I know next to nothing about Larimar, since it gets missed out in every book I own. My intuition has always told me that its element is water, and I know I miss it, and become more agitated when I am not wearing it for some reason or another.
I have a few crystals to charge come the next full moon, and would like to cleanse and charge my rings too, especially since they've been exposed to my negative energies near constantly with a hard time I was going through a couple of months ago.
I would also like to know whether it would be a good stone for meditating on.
Anyway, any info would be appreciated.
Old 30-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Master
Hi tigereye i have a few pendants made of larimar, i love it.
Here is some info on larimar crystal for you ;)
Larimar (dolphin stone, atlantis stone) meaning
Larimar is a relatively new find that occurs one place on earth - on the island of Hispaniola, in the Caribbean Sea.

Larimar was originally discovered in 1916 by a Spanish priest who reported the discovery but no mining was done. Then, in 1974, the American Peace Corps Volunteer, Norman Rilling, and the Dominican, Miguel Mendez, rediscovered the stone on the beaches of Barahona. It was determined by geologists that larimar is a rare form of blue pectolite.

Named for Mr. Mendez’s daughter “Larissa” and the Spanish word for sea “Mar”, Larimar contains the blue hues of the caribbean sea, with white and gray 'clouds'. It is a stunning stone.

The available quantity at the mine is unknown, which makes the future supply of Larimar uncertain.

Some believe that larimar is the blue stone with extraordinary healing powers that Edgar Cayce predicted would be discovered in the Caribbean, where he said part of Atlantis could be found.

Larimar awakens feminine power and soothes the emotions.

Created by volcanic activity, it balances water and fire energy
Powerful throat chakra stone, assists in expression of emotions
Teaches respect, love and nurturing
Cleanses unhealthy emotional blocks, releases attachments
Excellent for pregnant or new mothers to relieve depression and stress

I hope this helps.
Love GA ;) x
Old 30-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Likes2Read

This thread made me look up Larimar, and wow, that's a gorgeous stone! Very nice! :)
Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
tigereye

Thanks Golden Angel. That helps :)
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Master
You are welcome my dear ;)
Love GA x
Old 08-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Richmond Crystal

I love larimar as well... The blue color pattern of larimar is stunning and matches so much with the caribbean.

Larimar is also considered more rarer than diamond.