Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-10-2018, 02:52 AM
Master
It is also in reference to a story...it was a long time ago now.

It was Shiva Ratri and I was put in charge of making the pushpa mala (flower garland) for the main Shiva statue in the temple...that was a huge honour for me...I love it when others give me the opportunity to express my Bhakti...I thrive on this.

Before me, there was a whole table full of white flowers...chameli (gardenia), white frangipanni, white roses, white daisies...I thought about yelling out "hey, where is the datura?" reconsidered doing so.

Everybody was waiting for me to make it...I had many offers of help, but I wanted to do it alone...and yet, had a hard time even starting it because I just didn't know what flowers Lord Shiva wanted me to put on it...and I wanted it to be the perfect offering...and yet nothing I could ever do for Lord Shiva would ever be perfect enough.

So, I was in a conundrum...just standing there, staring blankly at a wall when my husband (at the time) walked in "hey darling...what's the hold up here? do you need my help? c'mon, people are waiting and we are almost up to the aarti now" and all I could say was "what white flowers does Lord Shiva like?"

My husband said "Lord Shiva likes whatever you like because you are Shiva".

Of course, I said "if I am Shiva, then who or what am I making the Mala for?"

My husband said "please don't do this to me now...what am I 'sposed to tell everyone...'sorry, the Mala will be late because my wife is having an existential crisis?"

I said "nah, tell them that she was caught up in Bhakti Rasa...I shall make the mala using all of the flowers and it will be ready in 5 minutes..."

Husband: "atta girl!"
Old 14-10-2018, 03:02 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Shiv-ji loves the colour white because it is easy to see the dirt on it. You wear a white shirt...gotta be mindful eating those Chinese noodles...picking your car up from the garage...especially if you have a 1pm meeting with clients and you have just spilled coffee down the front of it....oops.

White portrays untarnished purity...something that is also hard to keep it that way once you have it...and a colour that can become any other colour just by dropping that colour onto it...purity, potential and malleability is what white is...

Yes, that mantra came from Shiv-ji...and you can see now that this is the 'real deal' because you have already been given that mantra, but I did not know...all I know, is that I woke up this morning and I now have a chela...something I could not imagine...even up to a week ago...and this is going to take some getting used to...

I just woke up now.

I practiced yoga nidra last night.

No spiritual experience happened at the moment I was practicing it but in the middle of my night I felt a "presence" wake me up and I was awake and still asleep both at the same time then next I intuitively understood that I am about to have the experience of a "ego death" so I surrendered fully but the ego death did not happen and the mystical experience stopped there.

It is a little hard to believe given it is my first time practicing yoga nidra,may be it is god's grace or beginner's luck ...
Old 14-10-2018, 03:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
It is also in reference to a story...it was a long time ago now.

It was Shiva Ratri and I was put in charge of making the pushpa mala (flower garland) for the main Shiva statue in the temple...that was a huge honour for me...I love it when others give me the opportunity to express my Bhakti...I thrive on this.

Before me, there was a whole table full of white flowers...chameli (gardenia), white frangipanni, white roses, white daisies...I thought about yelling out "hey, where is the datura?" reconsidered doing so.

Everybody was waiting for me to make it...I had many offers of help, but I wanted to do it alone...and yet, had a hard time even starting it because I just didn't know what flowers Lord Shiva wanted me to put on it...and I wanted it to be the perfect offering...and yet nothing I could ever do for Lord Shiva would ever be perfect enough.

So, I was in a conundrum...just standing there, staring blankly at a wall when my husband (at the time) walked in "hey darling...what's the hold up here? do you need my help? c'mon, people are waiting and we are almost up to the aarti now" and all I could say was "what white flowers does Lord Shiva like?"

My husband said "Lord Shiva likes whatever you like because you are Shiva".

Of course, I said "if I am Shiva, then who or what am I making the Mala for?"

My husband said "please don't do this to me now...what am I 'sposed to tell everyone...'sorry, the Mala will be late because my wife is having an existential crisis?"

I said "nah, tell them that she was caught up in Bhakti Rasa...I shall make the mala using all of the flowers and it will be ready in 5 minutes..."

Husband: "atta girl!"

Nice story :-)
Old 14-10-2018, 03:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica

I just woke up now.

I practiced yoga nidra last night.

No spiritual experience happened at the moment I was practicing it but in the middle of my night I felt a "presence" wake me up and I was awake and still asleep both at the same time then next I intuitively understood that I am about to have the experience of a "ego death" so I surrendered fully but the ego death did not happen and the mystical experience stopped there.

It is a little hard to believe given it is my first time practicing yoga nidra,may be it is god's grace or beginner's luck ...
When stuff starts to happen, try not to analyse it so much as being/meaning anything.

This is difficult to do at first, but becomes easier with practice.

It has only been one night and the effects of Yoga Nidra are cumulative...by the way, you never really lose the ego...just get to put a leash on it for however long you need to.

When you surrender, surrender into the emotion of love and god's grace will flow without limit.

Don't label it...don't control it...and oh yeah, the minute you recognise it as being something, it will stop...this is what you need to work on now...but don't expect too much to happen after only one time...and be prepared to cry...a lot.
Old 14-10-2018, 04:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
When stuff starts to happen, try not to analyse it so much as being/meaning anything.

This is difficult to do at first, but becomes easier with practice.

It has only been one night and the effects of Yoga Nidra are cumulative...by the way, you never really lose the ego...just get to put a leash on it for however long you need to.

When you surrender, surrender into the emotion of love and god's grace will flow without limit.

Don't label it...don't control it...and oh yeah, the minute you recognise it as being something, it will stop...this is what you need to work on now...but don't expect too much to happen after only one time...and be prepared to cry...a lot.

Ok .Won't be labelling it from next time onwards and will start surrendering into the emotion of love.

I don' t really expect to get more quick results and I am patient.
Old 14-10-2018, 04:18 AM
Deactivated Account

I never had any doubts about it being the real deal.I trust you and thanks a lot for helping me out.

As I said before, the first time I met you Shiv ji gave me a proof that he is with you ,maybe it was also his will that we connect.
Old 14-10-2018, 05:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I never had any doubts about it being the real deal.I trust you and thanks a lot for helping me out.

As I said before, the first time I met you Shiv ji gave me a proof that he is with you ,maybe it was also his will that we connect.
Thank you.

I never advertise this, but I can facilitate what you seek to happen within you and I try to keep that pretty much low-key. It isn't Shaktipat...think of it as SHAKTA-pat and the means/method is slightly different.

I want you to blossom, my friend...but like I also said before, all this is at your own pace and you can get off the ride any time you like...but it is going to be a wild one.
Old 14-10-2018, 08:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Thank you.

I never advertise this, but I can facilitate what you seek to happen within you and I try to keep that pretty much low-key. It isn't Shaktipat...think of it as SHAKTA-pat and the means/method is slightly different.

I want you to blossom, my friend...but like I also said before, all this is at your own pace and you can get off the ride any time you like...but it is going to be a wild one.

Yeah ,we will take it a little slow ,slow but firm steps.I also have my exams coming up soon so I will be needing to give some time out of the day to my studies as well which will effect the speed at which I am able to complete the "home work " you are giving me so don't mind please.
Old 14-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for reminding me...and giving me the confirmation I sought.

I am quite proficient at Yoga Nidra already (given enough room to practice it - which is a huge bugbear right now), so I have to try Yoga Nidra sitting up...which would be akin to meditation, would it not?

Until, you get to the inevitable point where "knowing yourself" means there's nothing to know...and you go "so what the heck am I supposed to do with this realisation now"?

I can see the whole play...the "Big Picture" here...but it is choosing what to look at and that is the issue...I try to take in everything, so I don't miss anything...except that which, of course, I do not choose to SEE at the time, even though I am fully aware of its existence.

So, I have become a spectator...

Eventually, as you duly noted, one can practice chetan nidra (Yoga Nidra) sitting up or walking or in any position one chooses. When walking down the street with a clear "deep sleep mind", the world appears as dream-like when one is in this state

Note that becoming a "spectator" (or witness) suggests subject/object duality. Ultimately, even the "spectator" must vanish.... and it does. (Analogously, one is not usually a "spectator" of one's own physical body. It just is.)

http://www.yogbliss.com/yoga/yoga-nidra/
Old 14-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Eventually, as you duly noted, one can practice chetan nidra (Yoga Nidra) sitting up or walking or in any position one chooses. When walking down the street with a clear "deep sleep mind", the world appears as dream-like when one is in this state

Note that becoming a "spectator" (or witness) suggests subject/object duality. Ultimately, even the "spectator" must vanish.... and it does. (Analogously, one is not usually a "spectator" of one's own physical body. It just is.)

http://www.yogbliss.com/yoga/yoga-nidra/
I would just like to say, for the record, that subject/object duality is amazing because it keeps everything in perspective for me, for without it, I would have no interest in this existence whatsoever.

I'm one who doesn't believe that non-duality exists, unfortunately, because I am not an atheist...I believe that God exists separate from myself...and I cannot back down on this...that is impossible for me to do...so I'll let the person who has this soul deal with it in the NEXT life...because I (or they) won't remember a bloody thing from this one...isn't THAT convenient? This soul in a different body, with a different mind and ego trying to understand superposition...and I will be dead...yes!