Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Neville

I think my philosophy suggests that both what we would see as good is in actuality of a symbiotic relationship to what we see as bad,

I hinted at my philosophy regarding this matter in post 12 here It is my hope that dualities do indeed compromise the whole, because creation seems riddled with dualities, from the mundane good hair day and it's lamentable opposite . To the very vital building blocks of the + and - Polarities established by Protons,Neutrons and Electrons, to the incomprehensibly vast polarities occupied by Black Holes and White Holes.

A black hole is a phenomena from which nothing, not even light, can escape. However, some theories point towards the existence of an “opposite” black hole, into which nothing can enter. Their existence has never been confirmed, and indeed their very nature is a paradox. If nothing can enter a white hole, and everything leaves it, then surely it should not exist, but some theories suggest that it is from White holes that all things emerge.
Old 14-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I have heard it said that there is no such thing as good or bad. Things aren't good or bad they just are. I can understand this on one level in that our judgments don't always coincide with one another.
I think it is better to understand good and bad in terms of what our actions or behavior do to us, not what they do to others. Our actions are bad when they harm us and they are good when they uplift us. I think it is best to leave others out of consideration when we ponder good and bad. Leave it to others to do that for themselves.
Old 14-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddread
I would suggest gaining a proper understanding of Right and Wrong which are objective and based on Law as opposed to good and bad which are subjective opinions differing from one person to the next.

Being "negative and pessimistic" is well within your rights as a human. You have not violated the rights of another by being negative and pessimistic. Therefore you have nothing to feel down about yourself for. All that is left is figuring out whether of not you want to be negative and pessimistic. From your post it's obvious you don't, based on reasons I don't completely agree with. Negativity and pessimism do not attract negative circumstances in such a clear cut manner. The situations one finds themselves in are based on Karmic Law. This has to do with Right and Wrong not good and bad. Therefore you are not attracting any sort of situation based on your negativity or pessimism. You will, however, no doubt effect the way you approach any given situation with your negativity and pessimism which could in turn lead to you acting in a manner that is wrong according to Law. Then again, there are people with the worst attitudes in the world who still act Right.

It is up to you to gain the insight into your Self to determine the sort of attitude that reflects who you are.

There is Right and Wrong. Living in denial of this will not lead to self forgiveness (if there is no right and wrong what is there to forgive?!?). How you talk of the way you analyse your behaviour it appears you now consider that to be bad as well. Which means you are just putting the pressure on your self with things that are not even wrong. Be proud of your self analysis. I guarantee it is not the problem.

I'm probably rambling, sorry if it is a little incoherent.

Simply put, understand Natural Law, Right and Wrong first. Things will become a lot clearer when you do.

~Naddread~

You aren't rambling. I actually resonate with what you have said. I did kind of see them as the same thing though, good and bad being synonymous with right and wrong. But you make a good point that just because I have an emotion doesn't mean I will act out wrongly or bad. And beyond expressing some angry words I never get physical so that is something to appreciate. Though I was led to believe that having negative emotions can attract that which you judge as bad, the law of attraction. So beyond karma for acting out badly we will draw those things into our lives we resist and/or embrace through the law of attraction. But that isn't really what I am trying to understand.

"There is Right and Wrong. Living in denial of this will not lead to self forgiveness (if there is no right and wrong what is there to forgive?!?)."

This is the crux of what I am trying to achieve. An acceptance of doing and being wrong so I can stop beating myself up over it when it happens. Not that it happens often but though when I get angry at someone I don't strike out physically when I speak out in anger I feel intense pain towards myself afterwards for having even just hurt someone's feelings. And yet I can't control the anger sometimes so trying to understand the purpose I guess you can say. The value of why we are in a place where wrong exists where we can't help ourselves sometimes. Because God or whomever doesn't ever judge anyone for doing wrong no matter how extreme the wrongful act was. But for me I am still seeing it as negative and judging it as bad. But great thoughts. I do appreciate my self analysis to some degree because it does help me to look at things from a more objective perspective but I can sometimes get thing mixed up in my head a bit so it is good to hear others perspectives. Thanks for sharing.
Old 14-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Dear Michelle11, just sharing my view here . Human is glued to own culture of using knowledge as the basis of life and we seems cant get out . Human seems to became the knowledge and live in the circle of knowledge .....thats human and the concept of good or bad , true or false , right or wrong is always in human knowledge ....never more than that ......and if we cant awaken to this we will always confuse in our own circle of knowledge ..............in my current understanding perhaps even realization of Buddhism , knowledge is just an information , a tiny part of the whole learning lesson and is never a guide or a referral of my journey ......awaken to Buddhism , one will awake , aware , realize , accept and continue to aware on own emotion and good or bad , right or wrong , true or false becoming just part of the knowledge , and knowledge is just a tiny part of my self ..........so in short , to get out of these confusion , is realization not attachment on knowledge .
I hope to discuss more for my learning lesson .
Thks
CSEe

I am really not sure I understand what you are saying. I know I am defining myself by my human behavior and that we here to learn to see ourselves but I am a little unclear how knowledge relates to this. Especially if that knowledge brings about distressing emotions.
Old 14-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
However, some theories point towards the existence of an “opposite” black hole, into which nothing can enter. Their existence has never been confirmed, and indeed their very nature is a paradox. If nothing can enter a white hole, and everything leaves it, then surely it should not exist, but some theories suggest that it is from White holes that all things emerge.
Hey thanks Neville, first time, I read about «white hole», may you share some links on this, I would love to read of it, thanks.

The best to you!
Old 14-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I think my philosophy suggests that both what we would see as good is in actuality of a symbiotic relationship to what we see as bad,

I hinted at my philosophy regarding this matter in post 12 here It is my hope that dualities do indeed compromise the whole, because creation seems riddled with dualities, from the mundane good hair day and it's lamentable opposite . To the very vital building blocks of the + and - Polarities established by Protons,Neutrons and Electrons, to the incomprehensibly vast polarities occupied by Black Holes and White Holes.

A black hole is a phenomena from which nothing, not even light, can escape. However, some theories point towards the existence of an “opposite” black hole, into which nothing can enter. Their existence has never been confirmed, and indeed their very nature is a paradox. If nothing can enter a white hole, and everything leaves it, then surely it should not exist, but some theories suggest that it is from White holes that all things emerge.

I took an astronomy class in college and it was fascinating. I almost wish I had been introduced to it sooner and I may have gone down that path. I do agree we live in a world of polarities. The theory of a white hole makes total sense in that regard. But I guess when you are on the black end of the emotional pole it is hard not to resist it and simply just not want life to have such extreme opposites. So I am definitely trying to find the value of the black hole I guess you can say. Thanks for sharing.

Wow that would be something if they proved white holes existed.
Old 14-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Master
Quote:
I am really not sure I understand what you are saying. I know I am defining myself by my human behavior and that we here to learn to see ourselves but I am a little unclear how knowledge relates to this. Especially if that knowledge brings about distressing emotions.

Perhaps knowledge is the one telling we what to do , what we are and by living in that knowledge we suffering .........

perhaps all emotions regardless sadness , joy , love , hate is all from the same source , is all same but is human knowledge defining it and this causing human with various emotions ..............

perhaps awaken to Buddhism concept , human will realize what is knowledge and not becoming the knowledge itself ......
Please discuss for my own learning process .
Thks CSEe
Old 14-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Master

Quote:
You are correct. I do need to forgive myself and find self love. There is a deep hurt I have been wrestling with my whole life that I am coming to realize has been with me for quite some time, maybe lifetimes. It isn't rooted in this life for sure but whatever it was I did in my past it has led me to become very hyper focused on my behavior and every step I make so that I guess I can insure I don't 'slip up' again. Obviously being human that is impossible. I don't fret anymore about little things like spilling milk but I am struggling to forgive myself in general for something. I know I need to but I just don't feel it. Though now that I am gaining some clarity on what it is and how I am approaching the world I am starting to gain some objectivity over it instead of running away. So I guess I am focusing on the concept itself rather than clearing the hurt. I am rather analytical and find once I can break down a concept I can integrate it into my being I guess you can say. But you are definitely right in stating to look at the good. I did do that before and found peace for a time. Thanks for your thoughts.

Your welcome, and I speak from my own experience as much as anything. I am looking at shamanism at the moment and had a session the other day. So here is the thought process on soul retrieval: if you do something really wretched, that violates your higher self - then you lose a part of your self, some of you leaves you. It can't bear to be with you. Or something. And a shaman will re-unite you with that part that has gone. We've all got pasts, we've all done our stuff, and may be your past is calling for you to heal yourself and draw this part in and be "whole".

I am sure there are other ways parts of our souls can be integrated when they have been fragmented, and indeed it was very powerful for me this week when parts of this current life were reintegrated. I've had parts of me from previous incarnations integrated and murder is not outside my remit of past lives, it's not something that I have to carry for this life fortunately. But, there were consequences into this life for previous murders. But, I'm no saint me.

I'm my own worst critic, my harshest judge, my own worst enemy. But in the spirit of yin and yang, if I can be like this to me, then I can be my most powerful ally and I'm sure that applies to you as well.
Old 14-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Neville

Love9 , there is a wealth of postulation here

Michelle11,

I tend to think its all bit cyclical as I broadly hinted at previously.

In a life we get to feel both pleasure and pain, we cry tears of joy and sorrow.

I have figured that the Night has to be black in order for us to the see the Stars and then of course the thing about adversity is that of the latent side effect it brings with it,in so far that we are kind of forced to endure so in a perverse way we may well get our strength from those times we are at our weakest, which on the face of it is an omni-oxymoron.

Imagine that , the possibility that when one is at their weakest, they are quiet possibly at their strongest because in these times of weakness they are enduring the most.

It doesn't make much sense to me either, but there it sit's
Old 14-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
So here is the thought process on soul retrieval: if you do something really wretched, that violates your higher self - then you lose a part of your self, some of you leaves you. It can't bear to be with you. Or something. And a shaman will re-unite you with that part that has gone. We've all got pasts, we've all done our stuff, and may be your past is calling for you to heal yourself and draw this part in and be "whole".

Yes, Belle, this is exactly what I believe I am trying to accomplish this life and why I am so hyper vigilant about my behavior. There have been a lot of clues I have had over my life that can point to a possible act but just becoming aware where this dark pain inside has come from has made a difference. I spent most of my life running away from it and stuffing it deep down because there was no real source for it in this lifetime so it was very confusing. But now that I have some clarity I am not even so much focused on the act itself but trying to accept myself and what life can lead us into. I woke up the other day saying You Are Love and I am just trying to understand it because when you don't feel it for yourself it is hard to comprehend. So I just think that if I can get to the understanding where I am not judging the bad or wrong things in life as unbearable maybe I can find peace with my past and having flaws. I think that is what I am trying to find.

The shamanism sounds great. I am happy for you to be finding some peace yourself.