Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Lostgirl

Oh no im sorry i did read through the posts and i completly understand its not about trying to make other go onto the diet. Sory if it came across like that is what i was saying - sorry :)

I am in complete awe of you if im being honest. I would love to be able to do this. I love fruit and could happily live on it so it wouldnt be too difficult in that repsect. However when i comes to veggies I am not the biggest fan and could not eat them raw. You really are inspiring.....i might just try it :)
Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Resonance

Haha, sorry if I came across as condescending. I'm just a bit touchy when it comes to people just stating their belief (be it support or oppostition) instead of having a conversation or using arguments.

Lots of love from here
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Master
Hi Resonance, yea I realize that raw food is the best way of getting our nutrients but I see no real since in having to eat them every single day, I eat my food about 80 to 90 % raw and that is all I am really saying, you just don't have to eat it all raw 24/7.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonance
Haha, sorry if I came across as condescending. I'm just a bit touchy when it comes to people just stating their belief (be it support or oppostition) instead of having a conversation or using arguments.

Lots of love from here

Lots of love from here too

I too am touchy when it comes to stating beliefs so i completely understand where you came from You were not condescending at all, i just wanted to make sure i hadnt offended you. I cannot commend you enough, i wish i had your discipline becuase if i did i would be a size 10 and on a diet like yours I would also have re done my garden by now so all i can say is a round of applause for you
Old 05-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Master
I think it depends also on how long you cook the food, what foods you cook and don't cook, like potatoes, I can't imagine enjoying a nice potato uncooked, or pumpkin, or raw lentils, no go there lol.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Resonance,

Great additions to the morning fruit salad ! Almonds are my favorite but I also like the others you mentioned. And I can certainly use "a serious nutrional boost in the morning !"

Thank you for all the salad suggestions ! Lots more choices there than I had thought of, I think lettuce is one of my main objections, lol ! I prefer spinach, which I could use with any of the suggestions you mentioned. I will have to experiment with lunch and the different options you mentioned!

Yes, thank you for your inspiration !

love & blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think it depends also on how long you cook the food, what foods you cook and don't cook, like potatoes, I can't imagine enjoying a nice potato uncooked, or pumpkin, or raw lentils, no go there lol.

Oh crud. I didn't even think about the raw lentils stuff.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
. I would love to be able to do this. I love fruit and could happily live on it so it wouldnt be too difficult in that repsect. However when i comes to veggies I am not the biggest fan and could not eat them raw.

I'm with you on this one. I know they say tomato is a fruit but I see it as a veggie and it's the one that I dread eating the most. Blech! If I can taste it strong it's not gonna work in my mouth. I usually dip it in salt and pepper. Sometimes adding some really good seasonings to veggies help.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Lostgirl

Ahh see i love tomato i actually cant get enough of them! However i think my diet would consist of fruit more than anything haha! I think i might start off slowly
Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Erato

I've gone through periods of high raw diet content only to come back to a more moderate raw food intake. It is a huge lifestyle change and so far I haven't mastered it.
Have you seen the video series "Simply Raw"?
They are available free of charge at http://www.rawfor30days.com/index4.html and and are worth watching.
I am a big fan of Morgan Spurlock and his 30 day experiments both in his "Supersize Me" movie and the "30 days" TV show. It's amazing that here you have a guy who is married to a raw vegan chef and has yet to make the transition to completely raw food. My point is - he has all the resources at his disposal. Why is he not making the switch? Could it be that doing all in moderation is the key to success? I'd like to think so. It's true for me at least.