Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 01-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
******* out of Carolina
Yeah, that was pretty disturbing. I felt the same watching the rape scene in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Probably because I can relate to it far too well in both cases, but even if I didnt...scenes like that are just too disturbing and moreso that these things are far too common and going unnoticed.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Mountain-Goat

PSA: Do not watch Tellie tubbies with your face off.

Regarding the topic.
I enjoy my emotions, I enjoy immersing myself in movies to experience emotions and ponder the themes presented etc.
What I don't enjoy is anxiety and fear that comes from suspense\horror movies.
Why would i subject myself to an experience to have these feelings and thoughts arise.

However i can understand that others enjoy the thrill of these types of movies.
And i suspect they are not experiencing the fear and anxiety that i am or at the same level.
Much like some enjoy xtreme sports, th thrill and danger of them and i do not.
My brother rides his motorbike like a racer...redline each gear. I cruise.
He enjoys the thrill of riding on the boundary, I don't.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:00 AM
Henri77

Heard of a patron nearly killed during the Exorcist.
Someone wrote that a guy near the balcony railing was standing up, shouting
"Go God" over & over and refused to sit.
From behind a huge figure "swooped" down and tossed the guy to the floor below. Amidst his screams the assailant disappeared into the darkness and no one could identify him, Or probably wanted to....

Absolutely the most terrifying film I've ever seen .... didn't watch another horror film till Alien, 15 yrs later.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Absolutely the most terrifying film I've ever seen .... didn't watch another horror film till Alien, 15 yrs later.

lol. It is very scary, I agree.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
lol. It is very scary, I agree.

I'd read that some very weird incidents happened during the Exorcist filming..but don't know the details.

Shirley MacClain's daughter was the girl in the poster, and she assisted the screenplay writer in crafting some scenes, according to her interview.
An interesting fact one would never suspect of a new age teacher.

I once dreamt Shirley & I did lunch, just about the time "Out on A Limb"
was filmed.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoth65
Ah yes I remember seeing Wolf Creek AC,the Australian outback was the perfect setting for the story,with its remoteness and sense of 'no help coming'...very creepy.
If memory serves correct, it's based on real events.
I don't recall if it's mentioned at the start or end of the movie.

Whoever directed did a bang up job with the slow build up of tension and atmosphere.
Minimal gore. Instead utilizing the horror of realism.

And yes, well crafted usage of isolation.
Old 22-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Knower

Twilight..
Old 22-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Occultist

It would be a toss up between Hostile,Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer,Deliverance ,The Strangers,Hurt Locker,Apocolypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.. Ghosts and Demon's dont scare me its people who can really scare me.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
It would be a toss up between Hostile,Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer,Deliverance ,The Strangers,Hurt Locker,Apocolypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.. Ghosts and Demon's dont scare me its people who can really scare me.

You ARE weird, like your avatar. ;)

I loved Hurt Locker as well as Apocalypse Now .... as they're magnificent scripts-cinematography... and riveting heartfelt stories...
rather than simply blow up in yer face action thrillers.

Just teasing ...... ya, I'm considered weird as well, by some local guys

But it's very interesting how we react so differently to such things.
Exorcist & Alien are pretty bloody scary.... specially to me (but I've seen the Alien series 2-3x as it's superb filmmaking and quite thrilling...

I HATED Se7en ...... well loathed it.... as I was required to watch it for a screenwriting seminar... and was outraged we HAD to see such grisly stuff...
Yes it's a superb script .but I loathed all the gruesome scenes we had to endure. And probably ducked behind the seats more than anyone.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:51 PM
CharlotteSometimes

Probably "Faces of Death". I couldn't even watch it the whole way through and I'm a HUGE horror geek.