Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-05-2011, 01:50 AM
whitegardenias

Lost love died

I lost my boyfriend when I was 23, I am now 50. I have never loved anyone else. I wonder if he ever thinks of me now

Is there a chance at my age I would find love? I am not lonely, I live a full life just wondering.

Thanks all
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Master
Hi whitegardenias,
(wonderful name)
I think anybody who has that kind of strength of loyalty and was able to go on and live their life deserves a fantastic 'other half' if you were to find someone.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:07 AM
whitegardenias

Thank you. I have tried but I decided I did not want to settle. Now I wonder if that was a mistake. Who gets married at 50 but I do miss not having any children of my own although I adopted. A reader once told me I had a son, I guess a miscarriage in my 4th month, I thought it was just a late period.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 AM
whitegardenias

I never sense him though which I thought if that was true, I would.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Master
I lost my half brother when I was 14, he got killed in a car accident at 18, and I never really felt him, but there was never a doubt of our love for each other. I think sometimes depending on the person, you don't 'need' to feel or sense their presence in your life.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
gentledove

Hi WG,

I think being selective is wise. I stayed with someone for 26 years "for the sake of the children", ever and always sacrificing my own happiness. I was the sole supporter of everyone financially, emotionally and did everything in the household as well...he acted as the "boss" and was extremely repressive, never recognizing or honoring the things I valued. Some would say I was a "doormat" except, I'd like to think my intentions were more honorable than that. I imagined it was my "duty" and the only way I could leave the manipulative man was if he was cheating on me.

I finally realized that staying with him wasn't "helping the children" learn what a loving equitable relationship is about. I separated from him which was a courageous and trying process. It was without a doubt one of the best decisions I've made.

About a year later I finally told a male friend of the dissolution of my relationship. I had secretly felt this man loving me in spirit for quite some time. I never considered a relationship with him though because he's considerably younger than me. Once he knew and made sure the separation was final he professed his deep love (we had known each other for about 5 years as friends).

It took him many months to convince me to realize in this physical life what was already true in spirit (our deep and abiding love for each other). This was so because of our quite large age disparity. I've had more joy with him in the last 2 years than I've had in all the rest of my life put together. =) People everywhere recognize us as a couple due (I believe) to the extraordinary energy we share between us.

Even though I'm older, he's the wiser.;)

Please don't ever think you're "too old" for love. Love is timeless, imo. Even if you're never "with" someone in this physical life, I believe you can still be lovers (intimate connection) in spirit. I know this is true from personal experience.

I would just stay open, be your authentic self and keep your gracious attitude. You never know what blessing the universe may bring your way. Wishing you all the best!
Old 06-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Elaine and D

Hi WhiteGardenias

I have just read your post and felt I had to reply to you.

I too lost my boyfriend when I was 23, I am now 48 and have never really gotten over it.

Wanted to say that I understand,

Elaine