Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Master
The Binary Soul

Science says the human mind is divided in two parts; the left and right hemispheres. Each half possesses unique traits and characteristics. The unconscious is emotional, intuitive and holds memory. The conscious holds the rational intellect.

Is the soul and spirit the same as the unconscious and conscious, basically the two halves of the self/mind which science speaks of?
The binary soul doctrine claims it is, and it sounds logical to me.
The condensed version is this:
If these two halves of the psyche survived death of physical body, but divided from one another in the process, the unconscious or soul would seem to become trapped in a dream world of its own creation, where each repressed, denied or even long forgotten and forgiven action committed in life would be remembered and torment it eternally. While the conscious or spirit would lose its memory and sense of identity but remain free to go on to new experiences – reincarnate.

I believe there are secret truths hidden within the dogma of the bible. If you take away the word god or gods and replace it with ET much of what is said takes on a whole new meaning. It repeats esoteric myths that can also be found in ancient writings of the Egyptians, Nag Hammadi gospels and the Sumerian tablets.
The creation myth from the bible for instance sounds as if it could be describing the division of soul from spirit; this would be “fall from grace”.
Throughout much of the Nag Hammadi writings the discussions about husband and wife, or man and woman, light and dark seem as though it is actually speaking about spirit and soul (spirit=man=light, soul=woman=dark). When I substitute the words, the at times senseless material - becomes crystal clear.

According to the binary soul doctrine the unconscious or black half must be raised up for our spiritual salvation to begin.
I’ve no idea how this would be accomplished.

I wonder too, how our spirit would handle reincarnating life after life holding on to the accumulation of energy from eons of living and dividing.

I suspect there is a third facet of the soul, also, but it is still totally cerebral, can not put it into words yet.

I'd appreciate any comments or information you might have on the subject.

Old 24-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Yamah

If you read The Great Gatsby and replace Gatsby with 'seven foot monster' it also takes on a whole new meaning.

The soul is much larger, far more complicated and yet far simpler than the material world can handle. The brain is not a vessel for the soul - it is more like a filter which mediates between this world, earthly understanding and the soul. Without the brain you would still have a soul and a body but there would be no way for one to communicate with the other and you would be left with pure consciousness without the ability to express itself materially and a limp machine without controls.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Master
thanks for your opinion

I respectfully suggest that your post has no baring on what my original post touched on. I may not have done a good job of explaining my concept or perhaps I posted it on the wrong forum, nevertheless your discussing apples where I am discussing oranges.

My research on the fragmented soul goes on, I have learned more information recently that tells me I am on the right road with this information, but it is a work in progress.

Our souls and reincarnation process is so much more than it appears at first glance. For instance our soul is just one of a large number which resides with the oversoul, and I am not speaking here of a higherself. These two concepts are often used interchangeably, but they do not mean the same thing.

We learn and grow from sharing our ideas and this is why I come to these forums and why I posted my article on the binary soul.

My sincere offering of love and light to you all.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Owis

My experience with souls are limited but this is what i have heard and am in general agreement with.

The soul residing in each human is made of two parts, the 'eternal' soul and the 'human' soul (these terms are relative but its how I think to refer to them).

The 'human' soul is that of the individual, so for example my human soul is me, the guy writing this, who likes a laugh and is a rubbish dancer. It is the soul 'in charge' and hold all the knowledge, experiences and personality of the person it resides in. At death this soul (generally) goes to the after life and, to the best of my knowledge, stays the same and is no different as the person was in life.

the 'eternal' soul is the soul of a magical being which normally resides either in the world with no physical body or in the other magical worlds. using myself as an example again, my 'eternal' soul is Owis who is a dragon prince and is only around 200 years old (aww didums) he has his own personality and his own memory's. at death this soul will detach from the 'human' soul and will be able to reincarnate as it were in another human (however they sometimes choose/ have to wait for other 'eternal' souls to become separate in order to be reborn in humans around the same time, usually within a year of each other)

The personality's between the two souls are often different, however similarities are often found, and I often wonder if I got some of my traits from Owis (I certainly know he took control of my mind once in order to make me do something I wouldn't normally of done,,, naughty boy!)
Everyone has differences in their knowledge of this 'eternal' soul. Most people, even those with magical influences are unaware of this 'eternal' soul. Very few have almost total access to their 'eternal' souls knowledge and experiences and are fully aware of their presence (my mentor often had her 'eternal' soul pass comment when we talked about magic). The rest of us (myself included) lie somewhere between the extremes, our ability depending on our own ability to connect with our 'eternal' souls and their receptivity.

Just to re state, this is all what I have been taught from people I trust and experienced for myself. I don't know how this fits with your theory but I hope it helps or at least creates some interesting questions :)
Old 14-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Master
I so appreciate you took the time in sharing your thoughts on the soul, Owis. You have certainly awakened more questions on the subject in me, and this is always a good thing. :)

In your theory, what do you suppose happens to the human soul upon death?
What is another word for this "after life"?