Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
So they do intersect, just not in the way that we can really, consciously, do anything about.
Though perhaps 'advanced', one can do something. Interaction and even visitation is possible.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skolzden
I don't see a difference between living a single life, and living a thousand lives but only remembering one.
If we remembered everything we ever did, our minds will be so cluttered that we won't be able to function properly in any life.
Quote:
how can you still be you but not remember it, this question has attacked me at a very persoanl level for years used to terrify me as a child and i hope someone can answer it for me?
I think you would be more terrified if your remembered all you have done in the past.

I think the point of reincarnation, or rebirth as I prefer to call it, is to keep up with the changing times. What's the fun in leaving behind all this we have wrought?
Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Master
I would not have to remember my previous life. That way I could start over on a clean slate.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Master
I think past lives come when you need them and it could be that in clearing this life. letting go of the identification of self, then deeper 'presets' of identification come into play to help see connectedness.

I've only ever had glimpses of past lives but those glimpses were very insightful as to the why and how of this life, the rich and bountiful array of skills and tools that I've been able to draw on without having to do much work to have them a part of it all.

And they've come through in different circumstances, some a connection to place, some connections to people and other connections within myself and with all of them I never needed or even wanted to know but when they arrived they were always useful at the time.

I'm also not above the idea that the supremely vast realm of human consciousness isn't accessible to us all and that we take from that whatever we need as a reference for what we are going through and into. So it could be past lives or it could be a vast pot of experience we can all share... or it could be both but it doesn't really matter as long as it enriches our own lives and those around us.

And the remembering isn't always on the level of the mind... it can be in the bones, blood and sinews. What do you do easily and with a flair that was never built on, practised or developed?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Experiencer
I have quite an lengthy but complete response for your question, Skolzden, which I posted here:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=62298

There is another passage of the same book that explains the benefits of having many lives as opposed to one.