Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-09-2012, 07:10 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh
Hi 3dnow

Self and present moment are the same thing. Myself and consciousness is the same thing as well. What do you mean by self when you say self? Is it the self your body? Is it the self your mind or is it the self your feeling or is it the self your consciousnesss? It depends how you define self? My consciousnes is myself for me?

Hi rsingh,
By self I mean, my mind and my soul (soul=character).
Old 24-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Master
Well 3dnow... go with what your head tells you is right and your heart will follow... no worries!

We can all tell you stuff but you seem to be intent on disagreeing and even disparaging at times... cool. The thing is that we can see and you have all the time in your world to find your way out of it. Everythings okay.

Basically I'm a silly child... I'm a silly boy, I don't know what I know nor will I be told. I will fall into holes and sweat and perspire to get back out but jumping in and climbing out will make me strong as muscles are drawn with thought.
Old 24-09-2012, 07:37 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat

Then perhaps the issue you struggle with is not the effort to be present,
but your fears that you become aware of when you do focus on the present.
And if this is the case, then being angry with Tolle will not help you resolve this.

I feel like you and Xan want something from me but I have no idea what it is.

I am not angry with Tolle.
Old 24-09-2012, 07:46 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Well 3dnow... go with what your head tells you is right and your heart will follow... no worries!

We can all tell you stuff but you seem to be intent on disagreeing and even disparaging at times... cool. The thing is that we can see and you have all the time in your world to find your way out of it. Everythings okay.

Basically I'm a silly child... I'm a silly boy, I don't know what I know nor will I be told. I will fall into holes and sweat and perspire to get back out but jumping in and climbing out will make me strong as muscles are drawn with thought.

I am here because I am looking for comments. What happened?

I learned that some people like Tolle and I am wrong, and I have been accused for not liking Tolle's work.

We did not even have a discussion. Nobody explained anything. Nobody commented on my work, because they like Tolle. OK.
Old 24-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Well he says that we should try to stay in the Now:

"In your everyday life, you can practice this by taking any routine activity that normally is only a means to an end and giving it your fullest attention, so that it becomes an end in itself. For example, every time you walk up and down the stairs in your house or place of work, pay close attention to every step, every movement, even your breathing. Be totally present. Or when you wash your hands, pay attention to all the sense perceptions associated with the activity the sound and feel of the water, the movement of your hands, the scent of the soap, and so on. Or when you get into your car, after you close the door, pause for a few seconds and observe the flow of your breath. Become aware of a silent but powerful sense of presence. There is one certain criterion by which you can measure your success in this practice: the degree of peace that you feel within."

Comparison with my approach is useful in order to understand what is wrong with Tolle's method:

If there is a problem in my mind, I solve it.
Then I am happy, because my mind is not distracted by this problem again.

Tolle's approach is like a house made of playing cards. A little problem and you are distracted. He proposes to forget the problem and stay in the Now, I guess. This really doesn't resonate with me. I want to let go this weakness from my soul. Staying in the now will not let it go.

It looks like an ostrich approach. His goal is wonderful but his method doesn't resonate with me.
I don't see it like that at all, I just think you don't understand him, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I do, and that's been helpful in my life.
Old 24-09-2012, 08:52 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I don't see it like that at all, I just think you don't understand him, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I do, and that's been helpful in my life.

Now you have to explain here. Folks you don't know how to have discussion instead you act like life doctors. That's my problem in this forum which I am probably leaving soon.

Slice,

You try to mean that staying in the now solves my problems?

Example: Cigarette, alcoholism, sexual problems, etc. (I don't have these problems please do not humiliate me now)

Now will solve them?
Old 24-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Master
well, i'm not much into spiritual "self help" books and everyOne has a rectum and an opinion. i figure that if some guru or another can discover "enlightenment" via their own perspective i can too.

go for it, 3D! Huzzah!
Old 24-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Now you have to explain here. Folks you don't know how to have discussion instead you act like life doctors. That's my problem in this forum which I am probably leaving soon.

Slice,

You try to mean that staying in the now solves my problems?

Example: Cigarette, alcoholism, sexual problems, etc. (I don't have these problems please do not humiliate me now)

Now will solve them?
While you still stuck in the mind that is where you will stay, its all up to you, no one else.
Old 24-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, i'm not much into spiritual "self help" books. i figure that if some guru or another can discover "enlightenment" via their own perspective i can too.

go for it, 3D! Huzzah!
Well do it, and let us know all about it.
Old 24-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well do it, and let us know all about it.

why would i bother you with my personal custom-made view to my self? it's unlikely it would apply to you.