Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Administrator
How do ye see Compassion ?

The very word comes from the Latin “co suffering” I find that so passionate. The idea of co suffering that feeling of having sympathy and understanding for another human or animal or really any other living or non living thing.

When one breaks down the word ye find the word “Passion” this word too comes from Latin meaning to “ suffer or endure”. While passion is an emotion and action word, it too is the very driving life force that is in all of us.

What does it mean to have compassion for someone or something ?

For me it means to have patients and understandings. It meant to know that we are all ONE while we are housed in an individual body we are all connected by invisible energies all around us. We fail at times to remember that a single strand of DNA is the same in all of us. It is the tie that bonds and the tie that makes us all human.

I welcome other thoughts.....

Lynn
Old 17-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Shim

Deleted...

Last edited by Shim : 25-11-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 17-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Hi Lynn

I believe compassion is about awareness that we are all part of the whole and therefore each person's experience is on some level our own experience. There is no emotion or event that is separate from us even if we haven't directly been through it. It's about the human condition and knowing it resides inside us all.
Old 17-11-2010, 05:45 AM
glenos

For me it's the biggest word of 'em all. The one that stands in front of love. Some say "what is love?" Find compassion and then you will find love. Universal love.
Old 17-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Master
compassion is just one flavor, we all have it in varying degree, depth and scope,

Old 17-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
What does it mean to have compassion for someone or something ?

To have compassion is to care.
Old 17-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Master
That was a very nice observation Lynn, about the DNA strand that you mentioned.

In my view it is actually a layer that we carry in every DNA strand. I little different concept, but quite on target in principal.

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 17-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Master
Compassion to me is a wonderful feeling, action, whatever you want to call it.
I don't question what it is or where it comes from. I use to.
It is simply a beautiful part (big part) of my life experience that flows over onto others.
When I am feeling compassion, I notice that it is as if I am that which I am directing my compassion to.
When I step outside and it is 5 degrees out and I see little birds looking for food to keep warm................it is as if it is me freezing out there and I ultimately react, quite naturally and with presence, and do whatever I can do to help.
James

Last edited by BlueSky : 17-11-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 17-11-2010, 05:52 PM
glenos

Yep me too James. All day every day. Bang on sir.
Old 17-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Yep me too James. All day every day. Bang on sir.

Bang on................love it! Never heard that expression before. lol

I just went back and read your initial response glenos and it reminded of something I use to quote:

'If love were a tree, compassion would be it's fruit'

Peace.........James