Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Heptasteros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
I had to deal with this from guys a number of times. It is up to you to really put your foot down and tell them that not only are they disrespecting your man, but they are disrespecting you.

I tell em they do not stand a chance, i crack jokes at them about their come ons, saying stuff like "Yes buddy, and then you wake up." or I tell them they would not stand a chance. You have to make yourself seem as intimidating and unavailable as possible in your personality. These guys are NO good!
I know your pain, I had a guy spit at my ex boyfriend when I walked away once out of jealousy. Men act completely retarded sometimes and is repulsive. And what gets e s even though I am a svelte blond girl, I am covered in big,scary tattoos all over but if anything they use my tattoos as an excuse to talk to me.

You can be happy with your man, just don't give this issue too much power and give them fools the brush off. This type of attention means you are good on the eyes but it comes with a price!

Jokes like that seem like a good way to deal with it, something that doesn't take it to super serious levels but still gets the point across very clearly that they are far from desirable to me.

Yeah, for me, I may not have tats but I tend to keep up fairly well with techies and geeks and quickly learn about stuff like car maintenance, and have had somewhat of a reputation for things like an incident involving someone daring me to punch them as hard as I could and getting WAY more than they expected, LOL! So it's similar to you in some ways - but instead of tats it's a reputation, it seems, that precedes me.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Heptasteros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
When you give too much energy to a thing, you draw it to yourself...

Try sitting down and mentally release each of these male pursers one at a time... imagine in your mind, that you are in a room only with bob and then with a breath of kindness blow the rest of the men away... you can even write down their names and them toss them in a fire... then put them out of your mind and concentrate solely on bob...

You might not like hearing this, but I'm picking up the feeling that you are getting a little bit of satisfaction around the idea of being pursued by these men... the idea that they are brooding over you and chasing you down...

You will need to release this, if you really want to put your energy into bob...

Your reaction is typical. They all essentially say, "Yeah well you like the attention!" in one way or another.

No. I don't. I have plenty at home, in bed with me every night. Lord knows he's got plenty to focus on.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Distortedsoundz

Yeah joking around or telling them to "Cut it out!" or "Knock it off!" or really busting their balls and poking fun at them for their silly attempts at courting helps a bit more than being serious. It helps for me at least.

I try to avoid violence at all costs, I could never punch on a dare, that is funny. I used to be a brawler but that worked when I was a teenager and in my early 20s, not so much as a 30 year old. I do MMA training to get the rough housing out of my system. Damn girl go you with the car stuff I don't know jack about cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heptasteros
Jokes like that seem like a good way to deal with it, something that doesn't take it to super serious levels but still gets the point across very clearly that they are far from desirable to me.

Yeah, for me, I may not have tats but I tend to keep up fairly well with techies and geeks and quickly learn about stuff like car maintenance, and have had somewhat of a reputation for things like an incident involving someone daring me to punch them as hard as I could and getting WAY more than they expected, LOL! So it's similar to you in some ways - but instead of tats it's a reputation, it seems, that precedes me.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Distortedsoundz

Actually, despite what many may think, not all women enjoy this type of attention. Sure it is nice to get a random compliment from a stranger passing by...But being constantly hounded by men is not really fun at all.
It is a common misconception that a lot of people have.

Imagine being a very pretty girl and not ever getting any peace no matter what. Sometimes women enjoy attention and sometimes they want their peace and they do not like men hounding them while they are trying to enjoy a fulfilling relationship with their man.

Just offering a different perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
When you give too much energy to a thing, you draw it to yourself...

Try sitting down and mentally release each of these male pursers one at a time... imagine in your mind, that you are in a room only with bob and then with a breath of kindness blow the rest of the men away... you can even write down their names and them toss them in a fire... then put them out of your mind and concentrate solely on bob...

You might not like hearing this, but I'm picking up the feeling that you are getting a little bit of satisfaction around the idea of being pursued by these men... the idea that they are brooding over you and chasing you down...

You will need to release this, if you really want to put your energy into bob...
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Master
Hepastateros... Since you can't get those weird stalker guys to change I guess you'll have to do something different. Maybe a cord cutting might help.

Cord Cutting
article - http://www.powerattunements.com/article110.html
forum thread - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6836

Xan

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Medium_Laura

I used to get them too. ESPECIALLY if I wore a wedding ring. Maybe it's a male dominance thing like lion prides or something. I know your pain, it isn't fun but do be firm and make sure you are. If you flirt or tease even as a joke, it makes it much worse (found that out the hard way).
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Heptasteros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Hepastateros... Since you can't get those weird stalker guys to change I guess you'll have to do something different. Maybe a cord cutting might help.

Cord Cutting
article - http://www.powerattunements.com/article110.html
forum thread - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6836

Xan

I'm familiar with cord cutting and have used similar techniques before - hadn't thought of it as applies to this, though! I might try that with some of them. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I used to get them too. ESPECIALLY if I wore a wedding ring. Maybe it's a male dominance thing like lion prides or something. I know your pain, it isn't fun but do be firm and make sure you are. If you flirt or tease even as a joke, it makes it much worse (found that out the hard way).

You know, come to think of it, I remember a long time ago when a relative got married - and not long thereafter, suddenly got a LOT of attention at work! At a family event she was expressing a lot of frustration because for some reason everyone suddenly wanted her and her husband.

It seems really odd to me that people should compete with each other that much, you know? I mean it's kind of messed up! Guess it's one of those lingering evolutionary behaviors humanity still possesses...if you think about it, I guess competition is what got us to the "top" anyways.

Thanks for posting. :)