Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 01-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Robertj

THE ESSENCE AND CAUSE OF EVERY EXPERIENCE WE HAVE.

Physically, a thought seems to be nothing. It cannot yet be physically measured or grasped. To many it is a non-thing, immaterial and therefore inconsequential. Yet, it is the essence and cause of every experience, act, vision, achievement and emotion we have.

One thought eases our suffering, lifts our spirits, inspires us, stirs us to right action to overcome or to be undaunted by seemingly impossible obstacles: Another leaves us discouraged, desperate, disabled, anxious and defeated. The greatest freedom and power we have is this ability to choose what we think, and thereby determine our experience, our feelings, our actions and the course and qualities of our lives.

The 'trick' in any troublesome condition...The trick is to find the right thought, the one that may or may not seem reasonable, yet it is uplifting, lovely and inspiring. Then let it be. Allow it. Nurture it. Accept it. What you accept and nurture, you give life to, and you attract its material, circumstantial and experiential counterparts.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING :)
Old 01-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Now that was excellent and needed by many.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertj
Physically, a thought seems to be nothing. It cannot yet be physically measured or grasped. To many it is a non-thing, immaterial and therefore inconsequential.....
.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING :)

Are you saying this is the case for most people most of the time? Yourself?

What is a thought?
How does insight differ from inspiration? And both from problem solving strategy, planning?

Pray tell me what you consider a thought to be.

Thanks.
:::
Old 01-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
.The trick is to find the right thought, the one that may or may not seem reasonable, yet it is uplifting, lovely and inspiring. Then let it be. Allow it. Nurture it. Accept it. What you accept and nurture, you give life to, and you attract its material, circumstantial and experiential counterparts.
That will never be enough. You are the trick. =)

The breath is the truth of life. It's not enough to exhale, nor is it enough to inhale.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Lorelyen

I honestly didn't expect an answer but if one is forthcoming, could I have maple syrup with it, please?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Master
Nurture is the key word..........and then insight will emerge......... If youve ever suffered PTS or any sort of Trauma it is valuable that you have the insight that you dont need to replay the thoughts, and if they are still coming Nurturing them with Forgiveness, Love and Compassion does help. Otherwise jump on the Love wagon and ride it into the Sunset............Yeehah
Old 01-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Lorelyen

I suppose the average prole has many thoughts that are inconsequential and irrelevant, living their TV lives, meandering inconsequentially through their days. But they aren't the source and/or the essence of my experience(s) which are stimuli from the surround, inner world insights or magical communications, visions, dreams.

Thoughts turn out to be superficial, linear scripts for experiences, not the experiences themselves. They might lead to experiences if representing an intent like what we're about to do: we have to construct what we're going to buy at the shops, how we're going to deal with people who dish out our work and a hundred things - and these will lead to the experience of shopping and of winning or losing commissions. We think of a person in a particular context and wonder if we're going to see them or whatever... in themselves not experiences, maybe reflections of past experiences or eventually leading to experiences.

But experiencing a piece of music, a film is a matter of receiving a communication. I don't think the experience of a piece of music or film, I experience it. I don't think while I'm listening or watching, I'm engaged in the experience. Maybe there'll be an LDI judgement but that's intuitive, not a product of thought. Later cogitation may take thought but that's about the experience, not the experience itself. I don't "choose" a thought from some "thoughts kitbag" when I'd like to recall the sensations that comprised the experience, I let the experience drive the thought.

I've taken the use of the word essence in the o/p as used in its regular sense, not the metaphysical, Aristotlean sense. Traditionally, the essence of an experience only makes sense when pondering the relation between the real and the ideal.

Every instant is of occult (esoteric) relevance to everyone. It's up to them to evaluate it. That instant may be a thought. It may be an experience. It may be a lemon.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
What is a thought?
What is a thought???? What a question?
I would have no idea how to answer that!
I wonder if any of the great minds has attempted it!

It was just a thought that supposedly created all 'this'.
Thoughts are things in my book...very powerful.
But, that's about as much as I know...except that our precious thoughts
are the last thing to give up in deep meditation.

Haha, look at this, a website!!

http://www.whatisthought.com/

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What is a thought???? What a question?
I would have no idea how to answer that!
I wonder if any of the great minds has attempted it!

It was just a thought that supposedly created all 'this'.
Thoughts are things in my book...very powerful.
But, that's about as much as I know...except that our precious thoughts
are the last thing to give up in deep meditation.

Haha, look at this, a website!!

http://www.whatisthought.com/

Most interesting. A particular paragraph that rang out was the one starting "This theory explains why language is so highly metaphoric (much more so than non-linguists realize)." The content of this para featured a lot in my study of semiotics: meanings, which was just starting to make a foray into this.....(dare I say it?)....thinking? ! ...'Meaning' being fundamental to the creation of symbols to signify phenomena....

Thank you for drawing my attention to that.

Of course, one wonders of the dangers of creating a computer in the human image. it may start thinking independently....

= = =
What I still can't fathom is how the o/p arrived at a declarative conclusion that experience is a consequence of thought, not the other way around.
In fact, it's got me wondering whether the o/p could in fact be one of Baum's computers that's got its logic in a twist!
Old 02-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Knower

WOW, what a fantastic post on the power of attraction! We attract what we feel, and think. Very interesting.