Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 26-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Knower

What are some methods of opening third eye for a beginner?

I was just wondering what are some good ways to open my third eye, I'm a beginner and I've been trying to open my third eye for the past two weeks without achieving anything
Old 26-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Master
weimin... This thread has two simple Third Eye Meditations that you could practice: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32429#post32429

Xan

Old 28-06-2011, 12:10 AM
sunshineofthesoul

Here is another Third Eye Exercise you can Try.

http://sunshineofthesoul.com/thirdeyeexercise.aspx
Old 28-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimin3196
I was just wondering what are some good ways to open my third eye, I'm a beginner and I've been trying to open my third eye for the past two weeks without achieving anything

If I may ask, what is it you're looking for through opening your third eye?
Old 28-06-2011, 05:33 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
If I may ask, what is it you're looking for through opening your third eye?

In order to fully open the third eye, you must pierce the psychic barrier, which exists for a reason and protects us both from undesired "bleed-throughs" from
the astral realms of which we have no understanding, and from OUR own inadvertant and unprepared venturing into THEIR realm!

For centuries time-honored traditions have dictated slow and incremental methods for advancing on the spiritual path and achieving the gifts of spirit that are part of that advancement. Those methods generally include daily meditation. It does not happen overnight... it generally takes years of dedicated spiriutal practice.
You might think of the psychic barrier as a curtain through which you are poking holes until it becomes rather like swiss cheese.

There are other methods that are faster, but they are not terribly safe... for example drugs that force open the "door" between the worlds, with the accompanying dangers of one's not being prepared for what he or she may find there! This method is used by those impatient with the tried and true dedication to spiritual practices that eventually erodes the barrier and leads to full (AND CONTROLLED!!!!) opening of the proverbial third eye.

Some of these drugs I reference are taken as part of a sacred ritual, others are taken merely recreationally, but they had the same effect. They essentially bludgeon/forced the psychic barrier down, exposing the person to all manner of strange life forms and situations for which he/she is ill-prepared. The worst thing about this method is that when you forceibly break through that door, it is damaged and never functions properly again, meaning you cannot close it when you desire to, but instead are left helpless victim to whatever demons or negative thought forms might descend upon you. Not a safe practice, for sure.

My advice to you would be to examine your desire to open your third eye. Ask yourself why you want to do so. It is in order to advance spiritually and as a part of the journey to self-realization and enlightenment? Or is is merely your ego talking, wanting to see auras and access abilities that are normally developed slowly and patiently as one progresses on the spiritual path?

If the ego is involved, be forewarned that you might be opening pandora's box and have no means by which to close it again! If you are on the spiritual path, then I suggest you continue setting down one foot after another and dedicate yourself to the daily spiritual practices that will eventually lead to that opening you seek. It will come when you are ready for it and not a moment before! UNLESS, of course, you force it, which, as stated above, is most ill advised.

Good luck to you!
Old 28-06-2011, 05:45 PM
LightFilledHeart

Sorry... my post was meant for weimin3196
Old 29-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Knower

Thank you all very much for the great information. The main reason I want to open my third eye is to increase self awareness and like LightFilledHeart said, both advance my spirituality and a journey to self-realization.
Old 29-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Master
weimin and LightFilledHeart... Opening the third eye is simple because it's natural condition is open. We've just gotten blocked in some ways and have to do some repair work.

Xan

Old 29-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
weimin and LightFilledHeart... Opening the third eye is simple because it's natural condition is open. We've just gotten blocked in some ways and have to do some repair work.

Xan

I'm going to put my vote behind Xan. But i'm going to elaborate more.

Above all else we have to examine our intent and motivation. Every action you take is an expression of that. If you perceive yourself as broken or lacking, then your action is going to carry that energy. If you are trying to "fix something" then you're already perceiving yourself as broken. That energy, that perception is part of what closes the third eye. When you can gaze out upon yourself and the world without pre-judgment or expectation, without a desire to see things different than how they present themselves, then you give the world the freedom to reveal its most intimate secrets to you.

There's a bit of a paradox or catch-22. If you're wanting to open something then you have to relax and let go of everything, including the desire to have it open. When you "try" to open something, you create internal tension which squeezes the aperture shut.

Relax. Let yourself just be with things. Commune with them. Over time, with practice letting go, you will be able to sink into the kind of perception you're seeking. If you can't trust the natural course of your path, then how can you possibly trust yourself to manipulate it correctly?

The key to facilitate the opening of the flower is to shower it with love. Do you not find this true with yourself? With whom are you the most open and most revealing of your innermost secrets? You trust those the most that have shown you unconditional love and acceptance. If you can begin to relate to the world with that energy, it will reveal its innermost secrets to you. If you can open your heart, then it will melt away anything which is keeping your third eye closed.

The other aspect of this is that you are on your own path. If you take what other people say they see when they claim to have a third eye open and judge yourself and your experience for not being so fantastical, then you are not appreciating the gift that is being presented before you. If you are rejecting what you see as "not good enough", that negativity begins to infect you and the world around you. Appreciate what you have and you will get more.

I have no idea where you're actually at. I'm just commenting in general on some of the pitfalls people make when they're actively trying to open something like the 3rd eye. The product of having an open third eye is the ability to see clearly and truly. So the path them would be to examine yourself and see what in you is skewing and biasing your natural sight.

Goodluck.
Old 29-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Master
Topology: The key to facilitate the opening of the flower is to shower it with love.

I like this. Actually I love it.

Xan