Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Master
Dear RyanWind , you said " Both the teachers and you are stating something external that you observe can lead to realization. Both are wrong but you are more wrong than the Buddhist teachers though because Buddhism at least points to where to look for realization. You point nowhere, to killers and negative emotions. You don't even offer a moral code or a code for right conduct like Buddhism does. Like the Buddhist precept of non-violence. Thus, you can say immoral things like this " Un-quote

Perhaps as one hold on to the mind , one will always stick to the mind and this will lead him into a faith that he must be always right ... as such others must be wrong regardless what they have said even before what they wish to say .....

In my current mind , human is confused of own existence and knowledge is accepted as a referral of life and as such human became the one he read ...he is the text he read , he teaching that he accept and as such suffer of own existence....human glued to knowledge but knowledge itself is never on solid ground .. as such human is constantly suffer as he see option ..option of what to believe , option of what to learn , option of what and how to act ....and as such they suffer in making choices . Perhaps awaken to emotion , one act as the mind without holding on to the mind itself ....one path is clear without any option , without choice of how to act .
Old 09-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Master
Dear Ryan , you said " Neither is a source of realization." un-quote

So are you saying you choose what should be the source of realization ? Perhaps if one creates desire to choose what to realize ... one is not realizing but instead just entertaining emotion .

You said " There's a clue for you in the word itself. Self-Realization. You have to observe yourself to discover yourself. You observe until you find that which is doing all this observing... that you cannot observe. You believe the emotions are the self, but obviously if you can observe them, they are not you. " Un-quote

This currently not of the mind now ...perhaps when I reach to your level of realization , I will agree with you but not in the mind
Old 09-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Master
Dear RyanWind , you said " Dust is a great source of realization? Really? Dust is the same as a Buddhist teacher? You look everywhere but where you need to look. In or at yourself. Then you state that not choosing what is in your mind will lead to realization. Who is this chooser? Can he be observed? Yes he can because as you just stated, you are judging a Buddhist teacher to be the same as dust. You are not seeing things as they are, you are seeing things in how you imagine them to be. A Buddhist teacher is far more than dust and if your mind tells you they are the same, this mind can't see. It has closed it's eyes and it believes not looking, not observing, will lead to realization. One needs to open their eyes, see what is, observe the mind. Gain self knowledge. " U-quote.....perhaps as one travel further from here , one realize everything , every one is just condition that provide source of realization ... everything regardless dust or the direct words from Mr Siddharta is like a mirror reflecting own emotion .... as one awaken to emotion , one realize he is always alone with emotion .....others is just condition
Old 09-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Master
Dear RyanWind , you said " The only thing that explains this concept you hold is you have not really read one of my posts. It should be as clear as the nails on your fingers that you are not emotion. You have emotions from time to time yes. They come and go. But you are not them. But like I said, you are living in a conceptual world and not the real one so you can believe anything is reality. You don't know how to look away from your beliefs, memory, all of that. " Un-quote

Picture this :-
I am a cow and you speak to me and showing your moves how to dance .... I look at you ......you dance .......so you are teaching me ( the cow ) how to dance but I still do not understand what you say because I am a cow ....I am not human that understand English .....so you continue teaching me and dance ... I still look at you .....so the moral of this story is do you realize that you are suffering ? .... you are teaching a cow to dance and you dance as you imagine how the cow should dance to your moves ... and the one that dance is you ... the cow is still looking at you ... the cow is like a bowl of still water reflecting you ... but if you look into the bowl , perhaps you realize you become the cow that you wish to be ......so Buddhism is realizing is always you causing suffering as you are the emotion ... others is just condition ...is you who pick up the knife and cut your hand ... the knife is just a condition .
Old 09-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Master
Dear RyandWind , you said " You are getting closer to truth. I think because you have heard some Buddhism! But you say a bunch of untrue things there. Misunderstanding what you have heard because you have not studied enough. Like where you say one would not know to help or not to help.... oh you would know big time! One discovers unconditional love when one discards all that is not love. You get rid of selfishness, pride, vanity, and then the other qualities are there, selflessness, love, joy. You can't seek them because it is the negation of the seeker that leads to them. The realization of the true self. The true self is connected to the source and carries with it the qualities of the source. You get to that place through self-realization and you get to self-realization though observing yourself as you are in the current moment. As far as Buddhism. there is truth in the teachings for those who apply it to themselves and observe themselves. Your idea that Buddhist teachings are just knowledge just shows like you said, that you have never read Buddhist teachings. Buddha's teachings teach to observe yourself. They teach you to look for truth in yourself, in the present moment, not in books. You will never find yourself in a book, or in an idea, or in a belief, or through debating others, or from arguing with Buddhist teachers, or from stopping to care about what you say or do or believe. You won't find yourself in these things because you are not in them." Un-quote

There are something I could find in my current mind and they are some still not in the mind now ....but in my current mind , Buddhism is a process of realization of the cause of own existence and perhaps your writing above could give a reason to agree that you are holding to some kind of referral as your guide to Buddhism .

Let say if you are holding a cook book and follow the recipe .....and yes you can make millions of nice cake ...but is always leading to one ...you are never find your own cake ......in my current mind , as one clued to any referral to Buddhism and choosing what is right / truth path ... it always leading to a path of own choice ... a path creation of own desire ... a path entertaining own desire ... as such the emotion is only increasing and will travel longer journey into realization
Old 09-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Master
Dear RyanWind......can you make it in short reply is tiring answering you with long phase .....
Old 09-04-2016, 09:12 AM
Suspended
Master

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. Buddha

Last edited by RyanWind : 09-04-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Master
Dear RyanWind....thanks for the " lol"......lets agree it is tiring for both of us .. is 5.30pm in Malaysia and 7pm i have a session of drinking beer with friends I suppose to get ready by now ......so okay you said " You said in your current mind you don't see a difference between right or wrong, good or bad. You said a Buddhist teacher is the same as dust. You said you don't hold onto anything... yet you posted here things Buddhist teachers did to you 10 years ago. " Un-quote
And I also said I will kill the one who injure my daughter ... I also said I still love sex / beer / money right ?.....you are confusing yourself . I said as one awaken to Buddhism ... I never said I am awaken to Buddhism ........and I also said I am still trillions of light years away from nothingness right ?
Old 09-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Master
Quote CSEe......Let say if you are holding a cook book and follow the recipe .....and yes you can make millions of nice cake ...but is always leading to one ...you are never find your own cake ......

Yes you can find your own cake CSEe by adapting the recipes to suit your own taste. Add a little, take away a little until you prefer the unique taste.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Master
Dear RyanWind ... you said " Me explore my mind? Do you see a difference between me and my mind? What if I flipped your concepts. #1 Me explore my mind. #2. My mind explore me. Is there a difference? Both me and my mind is thought." Un-quote
Perhaps as one awaken to own existence , cause of own existence and the natural process of Buddhism ... one realize nothingness is his original state before existence .....nothingness is him ...... and emotion is the one causing him into the current condition .... emotion is mind .....as one awaken t this , one realize the separation .... he is realizing the cause of this existence .....